Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1234702 times)

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (here's 0.43!)
« Reply #1425 on: July 14, 2010, 07:42:30 pm »

Round rocks!

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 14, 2010, 08:03:35 pm »

Agreed!
Yey for Llamas!

I have one question though.
With the addition of new things into the raws, I was wondering how that could incorporate future versions of Dwarf Fortress.
Say you guys leave for some unfathomable reason, and Toady comes out with a substantial update with new futures, and all the works.
If you say, generated your world on this tileset, and want to keep the expansive fortress.
Could/would it be possible given the changes?

Would it be wise to generate a world on the unmodded version and then use the save with your Graphics set? xP
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:17:25 pm by xDarkz »

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 14, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »

I agree about the round stools.  The only way I can think of to improve them would be to tweak their perspective to match the tables (or vice versa).  As it is, they look almost taller than the tables.  Maybe brighten the tables' legs a bit?

For the one guy who really wanted support for custom workshops;
HELL YES

Seriously man, that's like perfect.

Also, a thought I had while playing an adventurer.  My dude was flashing, as adventurers do.  However, because of the textured background on the graphics tiles, his background was flashing too.  Moreover, the texture made it hard to see status icons like "lying on the ground" or "wrestling".

So how about making the background of the graphics tiles semitransparent?  You can even make the background colour sorta-match the colour of the environment by setting it to 16 or higher.  [7:16:1] for a white foreground and the chameleon background, for instance.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1428 on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

Doors revisited:

Dark ones still look weird, but bright ones look a lot better :)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 14, 2010, 08:55:47 pm »

Hey, those doors are nice.

The only one that's kinda weird now is the dark grey one (lead?) and the dark blue one (cobaltite?)

I've loving the one on the bottom-right. What is that, copper? It's hot.

As for the me leaving thing,
first: don't count on it,
and second:
You don't actually need a whole specification for it to work.
Your raw file for llamas could look like this:

[CREATURE:LLAMA]

with nothing else,
and it would work fine.
They'd never appear with merchants
because they don't have [DOMESTIC]
and they'd never spawn in because
they don't have any BIOME flags.
So they wouldn't even be an issue.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01:49 pm »

If we're gonna have round chairs, maybe we should have roundish tables too?

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 14, 2010, 09:08:26 pm »

We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #1432 on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:34 pm »

It squirms and fidgets, beware its deadly dust! :F

Edit: I like round chairs / square tables, stops the chair looking like a baby table :P

Double Edit: Bottom right door is cinnabar :) - Would it totally screw everything else up if we changed the material colours around to fix the dark doors? - Also; any idea why metal doors dont show up?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:27:48 pm by WormSlayer »

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 14, 2010, 09:30:07 pm »

Well I don't mean copying it like before, maybe just rounding the edges a bit is all. :P /idea

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »

Uh, when I went to the init file to adjust the size of the DF window I noticed that it seems to be set up differently. Did you guys hardcode how big the screen is or something because the sizes in the init file don't match up to what its actually displaying as. And how do you adjust it?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »

IH - If you load up the last .PSD I sent you, there is a layer in the "Z-Level" group called "seed / fly" - just hide that one. :)

Square stools?

Or round?

He strikes again.
Edit: twice.
Also I hate both. I can't see the legs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:20:22 am by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Dearnen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 14, 2010, 11:10:22 pm »

I was gonna vote for your original square mini-table chairs until I saw the new round stools.  Nice!  They do look taller than the tables, though.  They're showing too much leg.  :P  The difference makes the tables look flat to the floor in comparison.

Regarding beds, I would go with a simple overhead view with one pillow.  Keeping it simple will allow for subtle shading for wrinkles in the bedding, etc.

I also had some thoughts for some of the dwarves.  Perhaps give the chief medical dwarf one of those little round mirror things that doctors used to wear on their foreheads.  Similarly, the miners could have a lamp on their heads.

Has any thought been given to how the pointy eared tree loving freaks elves are going to look?

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 15, 2010, 12:06:47 am »

i'll go with square

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 15, 2010, 12:53:11 am »

I was gonna vote for your original square mini-table chairs until I saw the new round stools.  Nice!  They do look taller than the tables, though.  They're showing too much leg.  :P  The difference makes the tables look flat to the floor in comparison.

Yeah, this.

Also while i really like the z-level below stuff in .43, the colors of it seem to make the open parts of caverns really, really dark to where they're difficult to distinguish from the surrounding unseen rock (normally you'd have the little blip to guide you as to which is which)

jjdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 15, 2010, 01:15:16 am »

Just wanted to slip in and note to you guys how awesome this graphics set is.  I had previously been messing around with a modified Aesomatica 16x16, without creature graphics.  I now have colorful artwork that actually looks good.  I will probably not be changing to any other graphics set for a long time coming.
Quote from: ledgekindred
I can see menacing spikes of iron, but only a true dorf can make menacing spikes of dog leather or pig tail cloth!  What if they suddenly start decorating all their artifacts with like ... like ... butterflies or something.
Quote from: Heavenfall
One of my artifacts had a butterfly on it.
Oh.  Oh.  Oh Armok I'm so sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 329