Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1234822 times)

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could the gems be... shinier? Pointier? Right now they just look like different colored rocks.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The different counts are great, but now they look more like ore instead of gems.
The old tiles (from the first releases) were best in my opinion.

PS: I just sat here for a minute and wondered what the blue thing in the stone wall could be, until i realized it's just a mushroom.
The backgrounds make them like look they belong to the walls.
Is that fixable with more tile magic?

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Well to be fair, rough gemstones are pretty much different coloured rocks :P

But yeah just trying some stuff out :)

There seem to be a few inconsistencies between various background tiles, a symptom of how many times Ironhand has tweaked them I think. I'm sure when he gets back he will whip them all into shape!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:30:58 pm by WormSlayer »

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well to be fair, rough gemstones are pretty much different coloured rocks :P
But yeah just trying some stuff out :)
I know, hehe :D It's always realism vs. playability!
There seem to be a few inconsistencies between various background tiles, a symptom of how many times Ironhand has tweaked them I think. I'm sure when he gets back he will whip them all into shape!
Nice to hear!

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been playing with the provided tileset above, and it is truly a marvel to behold. Got a nice view to a river one level down, looks pretty sweet on my widescreen. But ahh yes. That was not the reason to post. The chairs! The chairs have a perspective now, so the table looks well... a bit off. When placed next to a chair!  :P

---

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Oops sorry about the chair, there are a couple of random experiments I forgot to hide before saving!

Just assume anything not in an official release by Ironhand is me goofing about and may or may not make it into the finished version :)

TealThanatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the new gem tile idea, but remember it doesn't have to be ultra realistic. I stylized representation works just fine, so although rough uncut gems do look like rocks, doesn't mean that the symbol for them on the walls can't be a cut gem :)

Lovin' the work.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Issues I've found with Wormy's latest sheet:

Some things appear black on black: designated placement spots for beds, cabinets, chests; an engraving of a dwarf on a floor.

Trees and boulders no longer appear from later above.

Interior open space is very dark and hard to tell apart from some floors. (the upper floors are quartzite and mica)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that's all the buggish-things. I'm not sure I like the current chairs; the flat ones before looked good surrounding tables on all sides, these I'm not so sure about. Then again, I might have liked the (two-pillow) overhead bed more too :)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Furnacey Strikes again
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

found a graphical problem.

The item on the left is an unbuilt screw pump, the item on the right is a built screw pump.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile

Iron barrels look like that too.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com

Good news everyone! :P

Barrels use the same transparency/alpha method as the doors and cages so they should be an easy fix.

Will have to have a look and see if Star Weaver's problems are also related!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile

Yeah, I just need to throw some white pixels behind there.

Oh, hey guys, by the way. I love you all.

It's great to see WormSlayer cranking out stuff here.
I'm looking forward to getting back and getting my hands on it.

It'll probably be next Tuesday before I actually have any time to do so.

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying the set! Stay awesome!

And let me know if you put anything else on DFMA. I love that.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

So does that mean you will get rid of the gray stone background on the Dwarf and some other animals?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Random question... what is the little thingie that replaces the square brackets in this set? It sorta looks like a guy with a welding mask and a giant mitt, and it reminds me of some annoying enemies from Super Mario World or some similar age game ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 329