Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 12642 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:10 pm »

Awesome! Can't wait to see my PRO WARLOCK SKILLZ in action.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2010, 07:08:56 pm »

Theo was furious, hissing violently at the man who stood before him. He could feel that his other, more violent self was even angier. If only he could get his body to move, he would tear this arrogant fool into pieces. He stared at him with his orange glowing eyes, they showed a burning hatred twoards the man.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

The man laughs.

"You'll have to do better than that boy. I know something that will make you feel a bit better though. Here."

He rummages around in his pack for a while, before pulling out the carcass of some kind of bird.

"Can't have you going hungry now can we? Work well, and we'll keep you well fed."

Seriously though, can you say what you'd like to do or accomplish next turn? It's a day later, and your choices are obviously limited by your situation, but still.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:27 pm »

Seriously though, can you say what you'd like to do or accomplish next turn? It's a day later, and your choices are obviously limited by your situation, but still.

Hmm.. I don't know really.. Lately I have this.. you could call it a writers block. So I just write what comes to my mind but ese that that.. I have no idea.

By the way, I think that by giving him food would just make him angrier.  ;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2010, 11:17:41 pm »

I'll see what the Tutors are able to teach me. I need to become a grand fighter! Or at least able to defend myself.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2010, 04:10:37 am »

Cullos scratches his chin with his sword. "I will consider your offer. Where can I find you when I have reached my decision? Where can I find reasonable accommodation?"

He sheathes his sword and waits for a response.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2010, 04:14:39 am »

"We'll put up for you in the time intervening, at the tower. Until we leave, feel free to enjoy the festival. Do as you will."

Not enough time now to do a turn, but I'll fix anything unresolved for this day.

Thom sleeps in the warrens, you sleep in the tower, Theo (or Cairne) sleeps in a holding cell, I'll resolve Martin next turn, and Trap sleeps on his own (and has a dream visit explaining his turn).

EDIT: Sorry guys, but it will have to wait a little while, today's another busy day. On the plus side, the holidays are nearly over, which should put me into a nice daily update schedule. I find the irony that I am busier during the holidays palpable.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:53:03 pm by deadlycairn »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:23 am »

OK, I need to ask an important question, and give you guys a few nudges to submit a turn (roughly a whole day's worth this time), Archangel and Acanthus especially.

I'm having difficulties with the pacing, and I've realised that the main problem is writing an entire day (or segment of a day) in one shot is exhausting, and makes for massive gaps while I wait for a response.

So from now, I'd like to conduct a bit of back and forth, either by this thread or through PMs. Say one thing you'd like to do, I'll respond, and give you a bit of a summary as to the outcome, and we can repeat until roughly a day's worth has been done, while maintaining a reasonably high user interaction.

Does this sound fair, or do you guys have a better idea? Is the pacing fine, or are you having the same issues as me?

I AM HUNGRY FOR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:14 am »

Damn! I forgot!

Thom decides that he needs to contact his master for further advice. Next, he wanders the undercity, exploring it and searching for an inn. He'd like to not get his throat cut, kthx.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:08 am »

You want more of an action from me?

Cullos will look at the members of the expedition, and if they look like decent, professional soldiers and the like, he'll join. After that, he will explore the city, see the sights, buy some armor, that sort of thing.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2010, 04:38:49 am »

He's offered a 'slasher', the weapon of choice for the town guards and soldiers, free of charge.

Accept? Y/N

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2010, 04:54:50 am »

Yes. Politely.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:37 am »

First things first, Trap will get up and try to focus his warperness a bit.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »

Trap is informed of a lecture being held by a well known Warper on their peculiar abilities (the second day is the day of knowledge).

Attend? Y/N

Cullos is offered basic slasher training. This will take most of the day.
Accept? Y/N

Thom comes across a basic demonstration of Warper summons.
Observe? Y/N

Theo is threatened by another pressganged person.
How do you respond?
In addition, does he try to escape?

Webadict is covered, as is Fortis. (Martin is training on a crash course, while Joseph is following the Link)

This flurry of updates precedes a 10 hour trip I've got to take, marking the end of my holiday. Tell me if you like this new style of in-turn options or if you liked the old way better. I should have enough time to finish a turn tonight.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

Yes, Trap will attend the Warper class. He'll try to ask questions, trusting in the fact that there are all sorts around to cover up his lack of knowledge in the world.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19