Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 12644 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »

As soon as I get to the Therianthrope's area, I ask about combat tutoring. I also look around, in opes that they have a combat arena to watch people fight.

I mean, come on. They're healers! They should have sweet fights.

Failing all of those, I follow Trap, in hopes that I could learn how Warper magic works. Maybe even a little.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2010, 08:01:05 pm »

They do have sweet fights, possibly the sweetest. ;D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 08:46:44 pm »

They do have sweet fights, possibly the sweetest. ;D
Awesome. I mean, no offense to the other people. They can do cool things with Arcanists and others, I'm sure. But these guys can fight and then heal up like nothing happened!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 08:49:59 pm »

Thom wandered about the undercity, searching for a room, or a job. one of the things his master never gave him was gold.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:23 pm »

Of course, Webadict, that does require energy. If you were fighting hard enough to win you should be too weak to heal after  ;)

Update soon, I promise, though probably still not today.

I'm on holiday and have sporadic computer access.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 12:22:48 am »

Of course, Webadict, that does require energy. If you were fighting hard enough to win you should be too weak to heal after  ;)

Update soon, I promise, though probably still not today.

I'm on holiday and have sporadic computer access.

:'(
Even the avatars expire eventually.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »

OK, I'm finally out of the funk, and should be for a while. I might even release another turn today if you people are fast enough with your actions.

TURN 2:

Thom:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Martin & Trap:

Trap(continued):

Theo:

Cullos:

Joseph:

Now I know why I put this off. An hour and a half, at least. Once again, tell me if there any issues, and feel free to ask questions. Day 1 is over, all turns should try to compensate for the fact that it's a new day, even if I'm too lazy to write more than a few minutes of results per action.

Please post an action quickly, and I'll try to churn out another one today.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »

A room amid the other empaths, the only people decent enough to keep a little sanity preserving quiet around? Very tempting. He found it nigh impossible to sleep amid the noisy minds, and when he did sleep, his dreams were influenced by the thoughts flying around, and often made his dreams turn strange and bizarre, in a disjointed sort of way.

Alright, let me spend the night, and give my mind a chance to recover a little, and I’ll do what I can to help. Joseph thought.

<><><><><>

The next day, Joseph was walking through the streets of Sanctuary, some distance from the intruder. His mind was relaxed and refreshed from the blessedly quiet night, and the headache was gone. He was better able to handle the loud crowd of unshielded thoughts. He kept just the faintest light touch on the intruders mind, just enough to identify him and know where he was, taking the empath’s warnings seriously.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:52 pm »

Thom smirks at the man, saying "Fine. I'll guard your bigwigs." He leaves the man, searching for a quiet, secure place to contact his master, seeking advice.

(What's the Demon Maw? A canyon of some sort?)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 06:10:13 pm »

There is a massive mountain range bisecting the island you're on. One particular group of mountains looks like the teeth of some creature's lower jaw, and so is called the Demon's Maw - the only pass over the mountains is through there, on the smallest 'tooth'.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »

Ahh! ok.

Also, do warlocks need to give blood to use their less complex skills (like throwing a bolt of shadow or something)?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2010, 06:15:44 pm »

Turn in.

How strictly are we Roleplaying this? Trap's personal experiences might complicate the plot.

I haven't been reading any spoilers without my name, so I hope I'm not missing anything important.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »

I'd be interested to see any RP complications, such as what Fortis posed, but really it's as strict as you want it to be. I'm still not sure what to call this... a story building exercise?

And Acanthus, no, that is not the case. However, they do not throw bolts of shadow, their magic works through shadows - they use the shadows essentially as portals through which they summon creatures made of a pitch black, slightly corrosive substance. The really weak creatures aren't hard at all to make, the stronger ones (ie. ones that prey upon or cause strong emotions) may require a blood sacrifice.

Also, with blood, you can fuse yourself to a shadowcreature (become part of its body, which of course means it must be relatively large), but this is risky and not recommended, as you are completely drained if it is destroyed and if it turns on you, you're screwed.

Oh and Strife, feel free to read other things if you want. Nothing really spoily, and your section especially is exposition and hint-central for what I plan to do.

For those of you who are reading several turns, you may begin to realise some common themes beginning to run through. Such as the mountain offer.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

Hmmm... Is it possible to have a portal suck someone in and banish them to the shadow world? Or is it that the portals only work one way?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2010, 06:51:49 pm »

A creature known as a Spectre looks like the silhouette of a figure in a large cloak. It attacks by opening up like a piece of paper, engulfing the unfortunate victim, and closing back up again. No one knows what happens to the victim, but he ain't there when it opens again...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19