Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 12635 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:36 pm »

Okay, if I change his hair colour to black and make it a bracelet will that be alright?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:47 pm »

(I'll be changeing my action before something else happens, so I have used the strikethrough funtion on my previous post.)

I'll head to the outskirts of the city while staying in the shadows. Maybe there's something interesting there.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:36 pm »

There's still the issue in that it's metal. There are at least two Castes that can sense that a mile away. Plus the whole generic fantasy sword (how can a sword be made out of dragonfire?) and the kite shield.

You're decked out with a kite shield and sword, people are gonna expect trouble to happen to you. Or around you.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 08:51:29 pm »

There's still the issue in that it's metal. There are at least two Castes that can sense that a mile away.
Alright, hardened wood bracer.
Plus the whole generic fantasy sword (how can a sword be made out of dragonfire?) and the kite shield.
It's fire and dragon blood, and the creator was a mad mage, but I'll change it to stone and dragon blood.
You're decked out with a kite shield and sword, people are gonna expect trouble to happen to you. Or around you.
I'll drop the shield.

Better?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 pm »

That is satisfactory.

And after all, the Therianthropes have modified many organic materials to be at least as useful as their metallic equivalents. Thus the leather/bone/wood armour and weaponry.

Ok Archangel, Acanthus, Fortis, and to a lesser extent Strife, I need your turns. State what you'll be doing, at least for the first couple of hours of the day.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:32 pm »

I will Look around for interesting things to do and see, in particular seeking information about the history and culture of this place and very carefully avoiding saying anything about myself until I know enough to come up a convincing lie.
My full sig

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 10:11:15 pm »

Avoiding Empaths I presume?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »

Yep.
My full sig

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 10:19:56 pm »

A good idea might be keeping a thread outside this one for Out of Character stuff, and let the actual RP be here?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:25:21 pm by Ultimuh »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »

OK. A valid point.

Also, I'm still unsure how to structure this. I'm just about to do the introduction, and tell me what you'd like to change.

From now on, all turn tweaking and the like can be conducted in PMs

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 10:50:21 pm »

Quietly, Joseph Thorne sat at the stall he had rented for the fair, a variety of rusted, corroded tools of a bygone era spread out on his shelves. Bits of plastic and metal that were hardly recognizable today, but at one time were household tools such as computers, microwaves, and so on. He also had a book on display, a copy of his analysis and speculation on the strange script he regularly saw while working in the ruins, and his efforts to decipher them. So far, he had made quite a bit from Arcanists buying various pieces of his scavenged wares.

Despite this, though, Joseph would be glad when the day ended. All around him, he could hear the constant chatter and hubbub of voices. Not spoken voices, but thoughts. It made for a loud, unceasing assault upon his mind that gave him a headache. Every hour of the day it continued, even at night. Especially at night, when the chatter took on a particularly chaotic manner from their dreams. He longed for the solitude of his island, when the constant voices were blessedly silent. Still, for a while he could handle it. It had not yet progressed beyond the level of annoyance. So far.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 11:42:58 pm »

Brom wanders into the city, searching for a tavern. His throat is parched, and he would like some mead to sate his thirst.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 02:31:09 am »

OK, that's everyone I think. Time for the intro and the first turn.

INTRO:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TURN 1:

Thom:

Martin & The Trapped One (Trap):

Theodore:

Cullos:

Joseph:

Whew. Tell me anything you liked/didn't like and I'll change it accordingly, especially in relation to the personalities or any questions about your options for the next turn. Also, give me a heads-up if there are any errors.

Turn 1 is officially complete. That took AGES.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:19:14 am by deadlycairn »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 03:12:56 am »

Cullos wouldn't have much of a problem with anything on the streets if it wasn't causing trouble, nor would he have cared that the man thought he was trying to hide from the law. And he's not likely to use the word "heathen" at all. Think of him a sort of like a cop with good morals and sometimes questionable methods. Like Sam Vimes minus the distrust of magic.
My full sig

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 03:14:52 am »

It's just the religious part that made me think that way - I imagined him as a fallen paladin. I'll edit him now that I see him as a private eye ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:29:24 am by deadlycairn »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19