Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 12628 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2010, 08:26:05 pm »

Interesting . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2010, 12:50:32 am »

Lessee... Webadict, Ultimuh, your turns are covered.

Strife, do you want to make something less fancy yourself, or would you prefer to buy it?

Also, the Metalmorph is being picked up by the mountains, where they have a setllement. Any other plans for today? (if nothing else, there's an arena battle)

Fortis, it's a good guess the escaped slave is in the hidden room (ie. he is). Do you wish to try and gain entry, and if so, how would you go about doing so (ie. would you bring allies, bring the expedition first, do it at night, or what).

I'm going to PM Archangel, he's been strangely quiet.

And finally, Acanthus, care to elaborate or extend your turn? No one will look twice at you on the streets, the killings you did aren't even illegal (I never said this was a nice setting). As for the zombies, you'll naturally expand that skill. Oh, and thanks for Requiem of a Dream.

And now for something relevant I should have mentioned before. The Fates. (Though only those applicable to you). Magic is a balanced (though weirdly) force, and so you never get anything for free. Thus, everyone being born with magic = everyone being born with a catch ie. the Fates.

You already know the Fate of Warpers - as unstable beings, they breed chaos, and tend to violently exit this dimension.

The Fate of a Feral - To forever fight, and sometimes be controlled by (as is the case for Theo) the nature of the Beast. To be forever wild, and untamed.

The Fate of a Warlock - They are the most tempting prey for their own shadows. Little understood, sentient beings lurk behind the Darkness, and if a Warlock isn't careful, he risks becoming their puppet and host. Not to mention the fact that a significant number of Warlocks believe they travel to the realm of the Shadows, to be tormented forever more, when they die, with no escape clause.

The Fate of a Shaper - Pain. Screaming, burning, terrible agony. The price for the ability to mold your body at will is to feel the body being molded. In some cases, can be so great as to cause the Shaper to die of shock. Really, one of the most pleasant Fates.

The Fae of an Empath - To feel the pain of others. To truly see the minds of others. If that wasn't terrible enough, they run the risk of their sense of self being lost - cast away to drift amongst the crowd. This leads to weird personality-amalgams, that are usually terminated humanely. Also, they suffer a lot from psychological disorders.

Finally, the Arcanists. Equally the least and most terrible, they run the simplest, most ancient Fate. They are a rechargeable battery, empowered by history, empowered by people, empowered by the interactions between things. Just as Life gives them magic, so using their magic takes away their life. Overstep yourself, and risk ageing at best, and dying at worst.

Final note. If Zepholomir was taken by it's literal meaning, it would mean 'thing/s that is composed equally of all elements'. What it actually means, in the ancient tongue that once spawned it is 'The People'.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:06:12 am by deadlycairn »
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2010, 01:06:36 am »

Hmm... I would like to spend some on drink. Gather information, hopefully on any potential jobs. If not, go back to the Warrens and slit some more throats.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:12 am »

You did accept the very well paying job. Just like everyone else, you notice that today is a good day to make money with your combat talents - everyone loves a good fight.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:29 am »

Alright, let's DO SOME FIGHTAN

Heh, what's illegal in Sanctuary (drugs? whores? thievery?)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:15 am »

Anything that harms another person ie. Thievery, insults, fighting, is illegal INSIDE Sanctuary.

Thing is, you were outside Sanctuary, in the Slums, which is fair game. Mostly criminals live there anyway, as the Sanctuary equivalent of the death-penalty is to be sent to the Slums. If you survive, you've earned it.

Woohoo! Inspired by a Dear Esther Lets Play! Let's get some unrelated backstory up! After all, we can never have enough unresolved plot threads  ;D

Simon's Diary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:42:22 am by deadlycairn »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:53 am »

Oh god. I'm scared. HOLD ME
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:06 am »

The Fae of an Empath - To feel the pain of others. To truly see the minds of others. If that wasn't terrible enough, they run the risk of their sense of self being lost - cast away to drift amongst the crowd. This leads to weird personality-amalgams, that are usually terminated humanely. Also, they suffer a lot from psychological disorders.

And that's why Joseph spends so much time alone on the island. But Isolation brings it's own host of problems.

Fortis, it's a good guess the escaped slave is in the hidden room (ie. he is). Do you wish to try and gain entry, and if so, how would you go about doing so (ie. would you bring allies, bring the expedition first, do it at night, or what).

He'll want to gain entry. He'll try and convince the other empaths to come with him first. Then the expedition, possibly making the bargain to come with them if they help him. If he had to do so alone, he'd wait for the Link to leave first and sneak in while he was away.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2010, 01:42:34 pm »

I'm glad I'm not wrapped up in this save the world stuff.

Yet. I'm gonna guess it'll be three turns before I'm thrown in.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2010, 12:43:11 am »

Less. ;D

Turns up soon. Probably 4 hours or so, as I have to finish an English Essay, have dinner, prepare for a trip tomorrow, write the canon backstory for this day (this will be the last. This turn you guys officially break canon), and THEN write up the turn.

The things I do for you guys... :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2010, 12:58:05 am »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2010, 02:11:29 am »

Beginning now. Oooh me achin head.

I'll tell you when I get the backstory up, then onto the turn proper. This once, please no pointing out any errors 'til I get back, I'll be away for three days (hence my willingness to update when so busy).

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2010, 02:17:43 am »

YOU DOUBLE PENIS

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2010, 03:02:18 am »

In what will probably much to Acanthus' delight, I've finished the backstory. So here we go, onto the turn proper! Also, its either a complete coincidence or you live in a similar timezone to me, since we seem to be online at the same time quite often. I also have a funny feeling Strife never gave me a turn. And bout 8.05pm here, Acanthus.

Turns Complete: 6/6 Extras: 1/1

Sanctuary Day 5, Battle!

Thom:

Martin:

Trap:

Theo:

Cullos:

Joseph:

Backstory for day 5/Art's Fate:

Fixed it Acanthus. :P

AND IT'S DONE! Now I can finally sleep. Strife & Cullos, you two leave the city as well with the expedition. Martin, it's your choice to go with the expedition or track down Art.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:56:16 am by deadlycairn »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2010, 03:03:04 am »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, it's late afternoon here. What time is it on your part of the world?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19