Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 12631 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2010, 12:03:00 pm »

Let's see... Forms... Cheetah-esque, with spring legs for speed. Something Armadillo-like, with a tough outer shell. And, something like an Owl, with a wide seeing radius.

Any other forms would be nice, but that should be all of the necessary ones: Speed, Defense, and Sight.

Also, who's the one getting into trouble?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2010, 12:21:49 pm »

Looks like I am in somekind of trouble.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

Ultimuh, do you mind if I dictate Theo's turn, just for this round?

If you'd rather say what happens, I'll PM you with the info, as it is somewhat spoiler-y.

So, webadict, basically fast agile predator, slow armoured creature and escape owl?
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2010, 03:08:24 pm »

I don't know if I'd be too late to join in, but I've got an idea for a character;

Name: "Skulker"
Caste: Warlock
Appearance: A small man, Skulker has a constant distrust scarring his face. Among this expression actual physical scars decorate his face, his cheekbones clearly bearing marks of once being broken, but badly healed. His eye is of a light blue color, and his skin a vague grey. His right eye is missing, a bad-healed scar tracing right through its former position. He has a limp way of walking, slightly pulling with his left leg.

Bio: His mother died as she gave birth to him, although his father remained alive to care for him. His father was a poor man, a hard worker, and a loving father. This man, though, faded out of Skulkers live on his second' year of life. He was taken in by a band of street children, who nicknamed him 'Skulker', as they found him rummaging through filth in the back of an alley. A hard life was his, and he grew up constantly fighting. somewhere around his tenth year of life he was beaten down, his left shin fractured and his face covered in cuts and bruises. He had been left for death, but somehow made through when his companions found him, although his wounds never healed. From that moment he retreated more and more into the night, eventually abandoning day's life, favoring the night. He became a thief and, if necessary, a silent murderer. A vague sense of responsibility and ethics are still there in his troubled mind, but eventually, in case his actions will not hurt those few he does trust, survival comes first. He became the leader of his band on his sixteenth, but they were brutally murdered by a gang when they refused to pay them tribute. He was left for death in the sewers (or the slum's waste-dump areas if there's no such thing as sewers in the setting), and has lived there until now, finally facing the world above after having lived for years on rats, filth and common garbage. He is yet to discover whether or not he possesses any magical talents, and how to use those.

He wears a crude black-dyed cloak, robe and hood, along with worn leather pants. He furtherly owns a few bone daggers, a badly damaged crossbow without string and a thin strung rope with small handles to function as a garrote.

I hope my buddy here is welcome
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2010, 04:27:57 pm »

If you'd rather say what happens, I'll PM you with the info, as it is somewhat spoiler-y.

So, webadict, basically fast agile predator, slow armoured creature and escape owl?
Yes. Prefect!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2010, 04:46:07 pm »

"Hmmm, I wonder what the odds are that I could 'warp' up a BASE-C rifle here. Well, I'd best give it a shot, no?

"Assuming that I can't pull out a rifle that eclipses everything around here, the yocal weaponry will probably be best. I guess I'll go see if I can't find someone to spar with for a bit.

"After that, these techies sound interesting. Reminds me of my first op with the toon. Commander knows that I'd best find out more. I suppose that the Metalmorph'd be the chappie to talk to. Best find him. More importantly, it sounds like we might be screwed if he goes down. Best keep 'im alive at all costs."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

Sure, go ahead. I think it's rather good so far. :)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2010, 08:50:56 pm »

I'd also like to tell you your story is amazing.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:44 am »

Strife, you guessed right. Ostensibly because the amount of energy made to alter matter so that a) it can contain an explosion, b) it can explode and c) is dense enough to be a strong projectile, is far too much to be worth using on a weapon. Feel free to Warp yourself a simpler weapon though, or really most anything else. Basically you're just making air dense, so swords and the like are doable.

Thanks Webadict!  :D

PS. Sorry Caesar. 6 is my limit. Wait 'til I either become a legendary GM, or learn how to fit 26 hours in a day.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2010, 01:22:51 am »

Aww.. Oh well. I'd probably spend too much time refreshing the page anyways. I tend to do that.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2010, 04:09:21 am »

Nos mos memor.

EGO subsisto.

Is quoque, vadum obduco.

EGO vereor haud umbra.

Meus vita est mei , efficio per is quis EGO mos. Haud vis of vir of vis vel Olympus mos subsisto mihi. EGO sum history.

- Because I was bored, and latin makes everything cooler. Bonus points if you can correctly guess who these apply to (He's been mentioned, though obscurely. Double-bonus points if you can link the events of the latest day (the race story I posted) with previous backstory mentioned, and create something resembling a timeline. There's enough there to do it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2010, 05:04:23 am »

Damnit! I no speek espanola.

/I know its latin
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2010, 08:41:39 am »

Es kommt mir spanisch vor.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2010, 01:25:35 pm »

"That was the Link's script?!" Joseph said to himself, surprised and only half believing it. But it was clear. He had gone back to the Empath's quarters, dug his book out of his belongings, and compared them to what he had spotted on the door. It was hard to believe. Even as it answered one question, it brought up a dozen more.

What was that expedition to the maw all about?

Did they know the connection between the script and the Links?

If so, what is the reap purpose behind the expedition?

The list went on and on, Joseph wasn't sure where to begin. One thing though, he was in way over his head to be pursuing this alone. But he didn't know who he could turn to. He would share the information with the other empaths, they were interested in stopping the link, or so Joseph thought. The information about this hideout would be useful to them. He only hoped they would move in time to help the escaped slave. Perhaps his abilities could earn the slave some more time or maybe a refuge.

Another thing was certain, he would need friends if the Link took offense at his meddling. Accompanying the expedition out beyond the maw would provide him with guards and people invested in his well being. It would be safer than the city.

And it would get him away from this huge crowd. For the moment, he lay down and tried to rid himself of his new headache. After a while, he'd go out and find the escaped slave, and he'd take one of his fishing harpoons with him, just in case. But for now, he needed rest.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2010, 02:48:06 pm »

That's right. Shock reveal. Everyone's in WAY over their heads :D

Also, if you could translate the runes into their alphabetic equivalent, you'd get a whole lot of 'Zephilomir' and similar variants. Make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:57:06 pm by deadlycairn »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19