Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ridiculous displays of wealth  (Read 2117 times)

2cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ridiculous displays of wealth
« on: April 06, 2010, 03:57:40 am »

What kind of things have you done with valuable materials just because you can? I'm talking paved roads of adamantine type things.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Re: Ridiculous displays of wealth
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:06 am »

I built a 5 z level above-ground castle  made entirely out of gold blocks. Well, I am in the process of making it

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:25:02 am »

I'm studding all my doors with iron, and my important doors with gold. That's probably not ridiculous enough though. I modded gold to be worth 2000 dwarfbucks, though!
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:33:29 am »

You can't stud/decorate blocks, can you? :(
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Siru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:04 am »

Don't think so but you can stud furniture which doors count as.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:25:10 am »

Do doors contribute room value if you don't make them internal? I thought they didn't in the last version.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:14 am »

All my furniture is made of metal. And this is the first time I've forsaken my Stone Crafters and gone with making Metal Crafts instead!

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:24 am »

Do doors contribute room value if you don't make them internal? I thought they didn't in the last version.
They indeed did not count in the last version, and I see no reason why that should have changed.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:10 am »

What kind of things have you done with valuable materials just because you can? I'm talking paved roads of adamantine type things.

Yeah, well, after the traders travel my adamantine-paved road, climb up the adamantine ramp, cross the adamantine bridge to the obsidian platform, pass under the adamantine sphinx, and then down via more adamantine ramps and over adamantine floor bars into my fortress, THEN they arrive in a room with walls and floor of solid gold, and proceed to the trade depot in the center of the room, which is made of pure platinum. (I'm afraid the golden room isn't very opulent in our terms - just a 9x9x1 affair - but it seemed pretty classic and I was tired of adamantine.)

The only way further into the fortress is through a masterwork golden door. I suppose I should have studded it with more gold, but I forgot that that was possible. On the other side of the door are the remains of an automatic kobold killing trap that did not work.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:29:01 am by EliDupree »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »

I'm building Dwarf Heaven.
くコ:彡