Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Twilight. By Bay 12 Games.  (Read 8569 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight. By Bay 12 Games.
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 01:15:37 pm »

See if I can walk or limp, because I don't want to be stuck like this for several months liken in real life!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:20 pm »

Edwart:
"Curse you sun! Darken now or I shall brood at you a second time!"

Edwart gets several amused stares from onlookers. The sun DOES get slightly lower in the sky though. He goes and finds the Life Advice section (gaining a point in Library navigation, half a point in general navigation, and three points for this specific library). He reads several books (after using his observational skills to find the best ones, narrowly missing a really long book about floods) and gains two points in charm, which works synergistic with his Creepy Stalker skills.

Edwart has become a generalized Stalker, able to use skills from both the Creepy AND Charming skill sets!

~~~~~

Johnny: with the echoing gunshot still ringing in his ears, he searches his pockets for explosives. You find a small tube of paste marked "R brand face cream," but you can't remember what it does. You climb to the nearest landing. It is marked with "Floor A." There is a door on the landing, but you notice that it is wired. It will probably spring an alarm if opened.

You hear a door open and close from the bottom of the shaft.

~~~~~

Helpful help: Provided you're not involved in an activity, all characters heal quite quickly. In time sensitive situations, your healing buffs are taken into account.

~~~~~
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »

Johnny examines the alarm mechanism, also smell the paste from the tube
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 06:24:19 pm »

Edward: Rest a while, and take a good look at the room.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »

If Balcony Man is quite alright, check in the newspaper and such for any signs of vampire victims. ...oh, and ask him why he fell off the roof.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:49 pm »

Mr. Weregild wonders what lottery he has won. He groggily begins pondering why he is here...

He has an unhealthy obsession with killing people who annoy him. He hasn't done it yet, but he's been studying up (Taxi Driver style). He may be mentally unstable. His motivation is unclear, but his desire to kill appears to be closely linked to another obsession with cursed humans. He believes them to be quite real.

He begins pondering what he can accomplish with large amounts of money, and likes the idea of getting his hands on it! This is almost like divine guidance, as if someone approves his role in society...

Edit: fixed movie title.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:53:31 pm by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:34 pm »

I'm dead, but still watching.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:43 pm »

Separate command error.
Global request from active player.

~~~~~

Johnny: You examine the alarm mechanism. It looks like it'd be easy enough to get through, provided that you had a multitool and some wire. You have neither. You carefully smell the paste in the tube. Gasoline with cinnamon overtones.

You hear the ladder creaking, as if someone else was climbing it.

~~~~~

You feel your strength returning. You have recovered from pain fighting mode, and have gained pain tolerance equipment. You are in a decent one bed hotel room. There is a TV on a table. There is an end table with a lamp and Gideon's Bible. There is a desk.

The Guy with the Crucifix asks you why you fell of the roof. You consider your answer.

~~~~~

You ask Balcony Man why he fell off the roof. He doesn't answer immediately.

You look at your hotel newspaper. It kinda sucks, having poorly done national news. There is a front page story about the actions of a terrorist group in another city. There is a sports story about several players from the local Tacticus team being investigated for performance enhancing drug use. There are several really stupid editorials, as well as one from a person who claimed to have seen big foot, who was the cause of the recent volcanic eruption. There are no comics.
What kind of newspaper doesn't have any bloody comics?!
You might be better off finding a local paper.

~~~~~

Mr Weregild: You seem to have won the city sponsored "LOTTERY" lottery. You've matched four out of five numbers, which should be worth some sum of money. The TV says that winners should report to city hall to fill out their tax forms and receive their winnings.

There is a newspaper by your hotel room door, and several Complimentary Toiletries in the bathroom. You add them to your Black Satchel.

~~~~~

You keep looking at the knife. The black around the edges of your vision starts to clear . . .

Helpful help: You've passed your hidden ability roll. Apparently, you have some ability that would protect you from dieing from a Well Placed Grouping of Three Handgun Shot(s).

~~~~~

Error. Time-Server Overload.
Please input actions and standby.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 11:15:27 pm »

Mr. Weregild:
Notices he does indeed possess his black satchel with various apparatuses of deathdealing. He won't be able to take a metallic carving knife into City Hall, and he won't want to be seen on security cameras carrying a blowgun. Not that it's useful, as he has no raw green wood to carve darts from. They might allow him to check his bag at the door, but even that might be inspected and its unusual contents might draw attention.

He decides he will need to make two phone calls using his convenient phone book, reference card, and room phone or phone at the end of the hall or in the lobby, whichever is most convenient. If a phone is convenient, first he'll call the front desk, to see how good his credit is here, when his current checkout time is, and whether he can connect to outside lines with the phone. If the nearest phone is in the lobby, he can go to the desk directly and obtain the information he needs directly, along with change for the phone if necessary.

When he must leave his room, he'll need to account for some details.
First: He'll want to post the Do Not Disturb sign on his door, if it's not already there.
Second: He'll want to place his carving knife underneath the folded towels in the bathroom. It won't be easily noticed if the room is disturbed, and being on the bottom it can't be emptied into a laundry bin accidentally.
Third: He'll want to write a label "Pepper Jelly Entry #16" on the complimentary notepad and attach it to his bottle of tranquilizer goop.
Fourth: He'll want to rub down the outsides of his blowgun and extension with complimentary perfumed soap, and string them together with thread from his clothing like a windchime.
Fifth: He will need to use the complimentary hair gel (or conditioner if none is available) to stylize his longish hair into a frazzled hippie look, and complete his subterfuge by working up a sweat with his typical exercises and then not showering nor putting on deodorant. His nondescript jeans and dark hoodie (removed during exercise; he doesn't like to stink) are planned to fit nearly any profile.

In this way he can avoid being accosted for his unusual accoutrements, but not likely avoid providing identification when he claims his reward. Being an out-of-towner staying in a hotel, he should be able to avoid filing a local tax report. At this point he must reconsider...
Was he eligible for this lottery reward in the first place? His second phone call must be to City Hall to determine eligibility for the reward, along with all of the relevant details. Depending on how he accepts the reward, he may face different consequences. If it is not like a normal municipal lottery, it's unlikely he will receive a reward for many months.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:22:22 am by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:48 pm »

Ask for newspaper.
If I get it, throw at people on the streets below.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:04 am »

Van Helsing: Yeah, see if I can't get a local newspaper. But don't bugger out of here with Mr. Roofer (that's what I'm calling him until he says his name) staying in my bed. Maybe order one from room service? As well as any medical equipment that would appear necessary- he's mostly okay, right?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 12:35:36 am »

Edwart: Read up on Marty-Sue how-to books.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:23 am »

"Oh, I have forgot my manners. My names Edward, Edward Smith. Although my friends call me Texas. Judging from you, you are either a priest that is violent or a Trenchcoater. Mister..."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 03:09:51 am »

Inuit Jim: pack up my guitar and wander along the street, looking for something interesting to do or look at.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:50 am »

Johnny carefully looks over the edge to see if anyone is coming, if it is someone dangerous looking knock them down when they come near, if not curl up in a fetal position and begin sobbing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10