Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Twilight. By Bay 12 Games.  (Read 8562 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight. By Bay 12 Games.
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »

Helsing: Apprehensively prod empty space with knife. Do I have information on this in a book somewhere?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2010, 01:24:56 am »

Input new character:
Civilization: The flamboyant flames
Race: BUTTERFLY MAN
Name: crazy mc badger
half in flying
1/4 in observing
1/4 in bow skills
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:59 pm »

Mr. Weregild really needs to get out of his hole so he can do his job. There's a growing surplus of undesirables!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2010, 12:01:45 am »

. . . . .

~~~~~

. . . . .

Cross-game influences detected.
Generating Plane.
     Setting constants.
Merging planes.

Compensating.

~~~~~

you decide to search for, find, kill, and drink BAMBI'S MOM. You run into the woods, with your advanced sparklepire senses at their maximum, gaining exp in sensing and running.

Wait a second . . .
You're a sparklepire, right? Sparklepires only hunt predators. Are Bambis carnivorous?

You have failed a spot check.
You have a very bad feeling about something . . .

~~~~~

"Alright I don't even know why it's even like that.

And if you try to kill me I'll leave. Either by walking sanely out the door or jumping off the balcony. And I only threw stuff out the window if it is ridiculously bad quality. Seriously look at that chair,  it isn't even made of wood it is made of cardboard."

Van Helsing walks up to you and prods the empty space with his knife. You look at the knife. You look at Van Helsing.
Helsing looks at the knife. You look at the knife. Van Helsing looks up to look at you. You look up at Van Helsing while he looks at the knife again. Helsing breathes in sharply. You look down at the knife. There is blood flowing. It seems to be allowing your lower body coated enough to be visible.

It kinda hurts too.
"OW!"

You're bleeding pretty heavily.

~~~~~

Weregild: You get up, somewhat stiff. You feel around in the dark and find a chair. You sit down on it. You scream angrily for a moment.

Why WOULDN'T city hall have mechanical traps?

Strange, the thought just appeared in your head.

~~~~~

Character information received.
Generating backstory.
And frontstory.
Current situation reached.

Urist: You seem to be in a dungeon of some sort. You're chained to the wall for some reason. You just heard a large thud nearby. You hear screaming. It sounds quite angry.

~~~~~

Jim: You look around for somewhere to find cheap food. You're right next to a coffee shop, but coffee shop food is ALWAYS overpriced. There is also an organic foods store. Organic food is always OVERPRICEDER.

You wander down the street until you come to a generic grocery store.

~~~~~

Generating backstory.
And frontstory.

You are just finishing work in the Advanced Secret Lab that you are employed (on a free agent basis) by. You close down your station, saying goodbye to the other lab techs (both of whom love you and are staying late to observe something or another) and leave the 11th floor lab. You're in a hallway. There are doors to the A, B, and D labs (obviously, you have access to them all). There is an elevator and stair access. There is a door marked EMERGENCY EXIT: Seriously, emergencies only. There is a door to the head scientist's office.

~~~~~

Johnny:
You enter the room slowly, looking for anything that could be used as a weapon. There is a spool of heavy cable and a crowbar in the corner. You currently have a Vogelwilde LLM pistol in your coat.

The Dangerous Gunman tells you to stand in the corner opposite to the crowbar. You do as you're told. You hear him close the door leading to the ladder platform.

~~~~~

Helsing:
You prod the empty space with your knife. There is some resistance to your prodding, and the #Steel Kukuri# sticks in.
You look at the knife. Texas looks at You.
Texas looks at the knife. You look at Texas. You look at the knife. Texas looks at you. You look up while he looks at the knife again.

You look down at the knife. There is blood flowing from the stab wound. It seems to be allowing you to see the invisible parts of his chest by providing a visible cover. You preform a skill check on your knowledge. A person dripping blood would probably attract every vampire in the general area, wouldn't it?

Texas notices that he's bleeding.
"OW!"

~~~~~

Generating backstory.
And frontstory.

You are in a padded cell of some sort. There is a security camera blinking from the corner.

~~~~~

Synchronizing Game world.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2010, 12:08:57 am »

i assume im the last one?
----

Crazy mc badger
-
Get up and start gnawing on the security camera.
If it is un reachable start dancing.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2010, 12:09:46 am »

Fiiiine. Edwart then HUNTS COUGARS (not the women, the lame animal)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2010, 12:11:26 am »

hunt the woman
HUNT THE WOMAN!
BOW CHICKA BOW WOW
---

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2010, 12:18:32 am »

Inuit Jim: Go back to the organic foods store. The high price is worth it to not be putting all those poisons and crap into your system, man. Buy whatever is the best trade off between low price and filling meal.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2010, 12:22:43 am »

Weregild decides to un-elf. No point in disguises that could get you into trouble once you're already there.

Damn, when and where and why did I ever purchase a lotto ticket? Whatever, but now I can't find people to kill. And I can't send anonymous payments of money to their families and loved ones based on how much I believe them to be worth (if anything). ARGH!

Hmm, midgets have good leverage, but short reach. Beards should give me a handhold, and I'm relatively strong. I train like a freaking mentally disturbed chauffeur-for-hire, after all. I'm proficient with weapons but not barehanded fighting. Hrrmmmmmmm...

I just want to grab a midget by the beard and sling his head into the concrete(?) slab for playing dirty tricks. On the other hand, the fall was kindly padded and I damn sure don't like hippies either. I figured everyone would leave me alone because they don't like them! So maybe conversation is a good choice. If the first thing they say isn't "I'm sorry, you aren't really a nogood hippie after all!" then I'm going to get violent and go out to do my good work.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2010, 12:47:42 am »

"Sonofabloodybitch!"
Panic and try to find bandages and check if an artery or vein is bleeding.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2010, 04:28:39 am »

Johnny waits while he closes the door, then engage in smalltalk, ask him about himself, this place, the weather, when he looks away for even a moment pull out the gun and promptly shoot him in his gun arm, then in the other one, then his knees, all the while throwing witty remarks at him.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2010, 10:19:01 am »

Helsing: Um, uh, uh-oh...
But it's not a problem! Since my surgery diploma is individual (not that anyone believes me) I'm specially qualified to do surgery on invisible individuals! Also, in the name of minimizing bleeding, I insist that Texas not freak out.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2010, 12:25:18 pm »

I walk into the correct lab, and continue the construction of "the children" v0.54.12
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »

Badger: you jump up and grab the camera. It breaks and falls to the floor of the cell. You fall too. The wire ends in the wall spark a little bit.

~~~~~

Edwart: You're not sure what came over you, looking for Bambi's mom. You decide to refocus on Cougars. You feeling of omen deepens. You start to run towards the nearest Cougar bar.

There is a strange noise behind you. You stop, turn, and look. There is a gout of dirt where you had just been standing . . .

~~~~~

Jim: You go back to the store and buy a package of organic oatmeal. It should provide you with three meals, and only cost you $5. You have $7 + change left.

~~~~~

Weregild: You monologue semi-coherently. You've gained some exp in Monologue: semi-coherent. Nothing happens.

~~~~~

"Sonofabitch!"

You panic. Sitting down on the end of the bed, you attempt to push a pillow up against where you think you're bleeding from.

Helpful help: Skill rolls take a penalty while strength rolls get a bonus if you're panicked. However, you'll take a hit to strength when the adrenaline wears off.

Helsing starts talking while you move,
"Um, uh, uh-oh...But it's not a problem! Since my surgery diploma is individual I'm specially qualified to do surgery on invisible individuals! Also, in the name of minimizing bleeding, I insist that you not freak out."

~~~~~

Johnny:
You attempt to engage the Dangerously Dustered Man in small talk. He is pretty untalkative. DDM turns to the control panel and fiddles with a few switches.

You pull out your concealed handgun. You fumble in its removal! The Dustered Man is aware of your action!
You fire at the Dustered Gunman's gun arm! The Dustered Gunman fires at you!

You hit the Dustered Gunman in the gun-arm.
You have been hit in the chest!

The sound of the firing echoes around the enclosed space, hurting everyone's ears. You sink to the floor, bleeding heavily. The Injured Gunman walks up to you, holding his off hand over the wound in his arm. He picks up your handgun and points it at your head. You see his mouth move, but you can't hear him over the ringing in your ears.

You have been shot in the head. Understandably, you are dead.

~~~~~

Helsing:
"Um, uh, uh-oh...
But it's not a problem! Since my surgery diploma is individual I'm specially qualified to do surgery on invisible individuals! Also, in the name of minimizing bleeding, I insist that you not freak out."

By this point, Texas, clearly panicking has pressed your hotel pillow to the wound.

~~~~~

Strange, you're pretty sure that you were working on a project to increase the elastic potential of items, not something called the children. Is your memory going bad?

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2010, 03:37:30 pm »

So soon?
Johnny will return to haunt DDM's every living moment.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10