Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 points regarding the new version  (Read 812 times)

catapult_fodder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 points regarding the new version
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

1.  I can't seem to cook quarry bush leaves.  I have a bunch of processed leaves sitting in bags.  Do I need to dig through the raw files to add a cook tag or something?

2.  Volcanoes.  Now that volcanoes are completely straight, I can't find an area that is easily tapped into via channeling from above.  While I regretted the necessity, a newly immigrated peasant volunteered to tap the magma vent.  I expected a crispy dwarf, but the peasant managed to breech the vent wall and scamper back without a scratch.  Has magma been slowed a bit?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: 2 points regarding the new version
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:19:10 pm »

1. I haven't tried farming quarry bushes yet, but I checked and quarry bush leaves are missing the [EDIBLE_COOKED] tag on the leaves. The baseline leaf entry is also missing it, so it just doesn't get the edible cooked tag. You could add it in either the leaf material template (which currently only affects quarry bushes, since they're only one using that template) or directly to the quarry bush entry.

Heres the quarry bush entry with the tag added in red:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could also add [EDIBLE_VERMIN] if you wanted the leaves to be edible by vermin (I think it was in the last version?). I haven't tested this but it should work.

-edit- I also just noticed that the seed template doesn't have edible cooked tag either, which is why seeds are no longer cookable.

2. Not sure. Seems about normal to me, but I never really paid much attention to how fast lava flows.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:22:59 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

catapult_fodder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 points regarding the new version
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:30:40 pm »

Thanks for the edited .raw file, I'll try it shortly.

As for point #2, I honestly never tried breaching a magma vent in this manner in 40d, I always found a way to channel from above.  I had read stories that led me to expect instant death for the hapless peasant, and I was pleasantly surprised.