Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My neck! Owww.  (Read 1156 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My neck! Owww.
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »

The left side of my neck has been hurting for a couple of hours. I have no idea why. I had been at my computer for a couple of hours, went down to eat dinner, and now it hurts a TON whenever I straighten out my neck. The only time it doesn't hurt is if I scrunch down my neck down and to the right. Meaning I can hardly look up.

I've tried both cold and heat packs, and pain relievers, but nothing seems to help.

Got any ideas? Until then I will continue looking at the floor to my right.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: My neck! Owww.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »

Sounds serious... we may need to amputate  ;)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:07:35 pm »

Sadly, Amputation is not really an option as it is my neck...oh wait.

*runs from the B12ers*
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:19:55 pm »

Well, sounds like you have a cramp. You might want to go to the doctor if the pain doesn't lessen up after a day. The bright side is, all your nerves there seem to be in working order.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:21:21 pm »

That sucks....
Oh well. I get to learn new ways to sit with my laptop.

-Attempts to lift head up to see screen better-
"Ouch!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:46:43 pm »

*runs from the B12ers*

Sadly, that doesn't work. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:31 pm »

Oh, are we in arena mode, and I was just injured for your fun and games?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:36 pm »

No, not me, I have the sword, I would have cut your whole head off if I swung at it. ;D Oh, and I tried to run away a long time ago, it didn't work. :(
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 08:57:31 pm »

Where I come from it's called a crick, crik, I'm not sure how it's spelled.  You get it from sitting funny.  They just go away after a while.

I once had to sit on a wooden stool to use the computer.  I was there for a few hours, and the muscles along my back cramped for literally days.  It was horrible.
Shoes...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 09:59:47 pm »

THIS IS HORRIBLE. I can't look up...

And thanks for your input. Now I know I won't die.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:52 am »

This is usually caused by wrong postition of neck while sleeping/whatever. Either try to sleep withou pillow for some time or, if this won't help, go for thai massage. Trust me, it will feel like you're being murdered but it's worth it.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:53 am »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:18:20 am »

What is that comic from?

Also, it isn't in pain any more...(as long as I don't bend my head to the left.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 02:27:02 pm »

That comic is not only hilarious, I like how it actually makes (C) seem undesirable and explain why people don't go to doctors.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
wheel of pestilence turn turn turn, tell us the disease that we have earned!
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: [1] 2