Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 180223 times)

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing
« Reply #885 on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:37 am »

Well, my character is a necromancer so your character could meet him.
huehuehuehuehuehue
Back off mate, I'm nobody's bitch.
huehue
hue
Dark Souls, anybody?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 03, 2013, 03:11:44 pm »

Konith's journal
 My, it has been quite a while since the last time I wrote. New year, another of those Forgotten Beasts and that attack on the Nothing. Plus Stronghammer set up a police force. And the Guild has not done anything about it! If we let that run its course, I'm going to wake up in a cell some day. And that is unacceptable.
 The Guild seems to be rather...passive, lately, though. After relocating our loot, we haven't done anything. This must be fixed. Complacency leads to being discovered.
 Hmm. I should see how that 'police' thing is done. Perhaps it is not too late, and I can infiltrate it. With one of us in the inside, evidence will vanish pretty quickly. Or... The elections are going on. One of the candidates could be persuaded to dismantle the police. While Stronghammer could be difficult to convince, certainly someone else can be found.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 05, 2013, 10:33:29 am »

I, Brosso the Magnificent hereby present my candidature for mayor's office!

Perhaps even conservative elves could be swayed to support me... Just a little bit of convincing...

OOC:
IT'S AWESOME! YOU'RE BACK, I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 06, 2013, 04:21:50 pm »

I Stronghammer put myself forward again for another term. Why I think I should fit the bill is that, A) I have strived to make every race apart of the decision process through the council. B) I have a policy of equality and have frequently changed policy to please all. C) During my term everyone recieved places of worship, as well as equal opportunities for all. Therefore I feel that the happy equal choice is me. Vote for me for a solid, well integrated and stable society.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 06, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »

MainHard: "Da Jagers vote for StrongHammer. He done us vight so var."

The blueish Green mutant planned to take his jagers out into the caverns and place cage traps near areas where cavern life had been spotted. He posted up another Jager recruitment poster and made sure Ugo and Fori knew off the PanzerMench's notes. Who knows when one of his mad devices could come in handy. HLastly, MainHard planned to suggest the idea of "self defense" training in unarmed combat and dodging for absolutely everybody.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »

Konith's journal
Hmm. Two candidates have proclaimed their intentions. One of them is Stronghammer, obviously, but the other is that circus-loving dwarf, Brosso. He looks promising, but I should be cautious. He is a member of that dwarven survival alliance, after all.
Still, perhaps I could convince him to disband the police, if I offer the Guild's votes in exchange. No revealing ourselves, of course. A simple enough note on his desk informing him that certain parts of Nomekast are willing to further his campaign in exchange for a small favor will suffice.
Stronghammer is not to be dismissed, though. He has proved to be susceptible to bribes, although his whole 'industrialist' mindset is in conflict with ours. I will speak to him about the dangers of the police, and maybe, if he promises to drop it, my vote will be for him.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »

He takes a another drink from his mug, sighs and then casts his vote

"I vote for Stronghammer, because frankly Brosso feels like a con man that they would send to entertain the weak minded in times of boredom."

Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 10, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

Journal of Mason Justice
I still can't quite believe it.  A fortress of dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, kobolds, and I've heard even a boogeyman calls this place home.  And now there's a mayoral election going on.  I've been trying to get a sense of what the two current candidates are like; the incumbent, despite appearing to be a pro-industry hardliner has apparently made compromises with the non-dwarven population in the past.  Seems like just what is needed to keep the peace in this place.  This Brosso, on the other hand, sounds an awful lot like a noble to me.  Between the two of them, Stronghammer currently seems the better choice.

It sounds like I was lucky to arrive when I did.  The fortress had been under almost constant siege by the Nothing before my arrival, and they have been getting stronger.  Since I have sworn never to wield a metal hammer, I have taken up the axe to help where I can.  Hopefully, I will have some time to practice masonry.  I would like to create a statue garden depicting the various races that inhabit Nomekast working together.  If the world's civilizations weren't constantly warring, the world might've stood a chance against the Nothing.  My hand still goes to where my hammer used to be when I see an elf or a goblin pass by - an old reflex - but they couldn't be any worse for a fort than a noble, and I've heard dwarves speak highly of some of the humans and even elves here.

I seem to be the only dwarf (or person) in the military without metal armor.  Since I can't make it myself, I'll have to figure out how to requisition some.

OOC:  I've been very sick and wanted to take the time to re-read everything before posting.  Also, I'm not opposed to touching metalwork, I'm opposed to DOING metalwork and using metal hammers.  So armor would be appreciated, but someone else must make it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:57:34 pm by Justice »

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 11, 2013, 04:47:05 am »

Diary of Brosso the Magnificent, Circusmaster extraordinaire
------
The election day is here! My good friend Stronghammer already declared his candidature, and yet I cannot support him my dear diary, oh no I can't indeed! I want, no I deserve to be the leader! After all, who else is fit to be mayor other than a circus director? I can provide us with entertainment! I can unite the races! I can be the hero today!

Note to self:
-Change rethorics
-Appease Imamwa or what's her name, the elven elder
-Try to convince people I like kobolds and goblins, horrible thingies
-Offer free drinks and trinkets as campaign goods
-try to convince Fori to help

What extreme mesures must a dwarf take to promote his political image!

Also I've recieved a strange note, or rather I found a strange note on my desk. Some shadow would vote for me for a small favor. Nay! I will wait for first results and if the situation deteoriates, then it might be worth considering...

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2013, 08:01:37 pm »

Sorry for the delay, I've had exams then essays (and certain addictive games) keeping me busy. I should have an update in the next few days, and will probably finally do what I've been saying for months (if not years) and make the updates shorter so I can get them out quicker and cover more characters and events. Election are still ongoing if anyone still wants to vote/campaign/declare candidature/etc.

Xenir - You could easily pull a Neo and possess another human's body. ;)
Justice - Ah right, my apologies, I misread, I've fixed it ingame, we'll just imagine the people in charge of equipment misheard too.
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Zorrin_Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 10, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »

From the journal of Nathaniel Stormwind:
                                                              Tales from the Void
                                                             Chapter 3 Settling In
                                                                       Part 2

I ponder while going between temples. As I figured Brosso the Magnificent is a typical Dwarven noble and the information Onthorn has gathered on him in my mind confirms this line of thought. Stronghammer on the other hand from what we have gathered is your typical Dwarf who gets the job done. In the interest of a stable and happy fort I'll vote for Stronghammer and offer my knowledge of the people of the world and their cultures.(elven, human, goblin, kobold.)

I have noted that Ineth has started an artifact, I will keep an eye on him. There is still something wrong in the air even with the ghosts put to rest and Kizerbane has started to look for dormant (or active) magical taint in the community saying that we should make a secret guild of magi (mostly necromancers).

(ooc: What happend to Lerdi's skull, is it still around or was it disposed of?)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:01:34 pm by Zorrin_Drake »

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 10, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »

Xenir - You could easily pull a Neo and possess another human's body. ;)

OKAY!
But how about you rename a human as Xenir again and we can all pretend I came back to life? You know, like some Dark Souls chosen undead or some shit.
That's a great game.
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »

Zorrin_Drake - Lerdi's skull is still around the place somewhere, it was never taken after Rakust abandoned it.

Granite 679

For the second time election fever wound its way through Nomekast. So far only two candidates had presented their candidatures: Stronghammer and Brosso the 'Magnificent'. This had already raised a few eyebrows as the two were known to get along fairly well, being both prominent Alliance for Dwarven Survival members, so the thought of them squaring off against each other was not what had been expected. Still, with the final vote count to be done at the end of the month, both hopefuls got to work trying to convince Nomekast that they should be mayor.

Meanwhile outside of politics work continued. The Goblin temple - the last of the major temples Stronghammer had promised as part of his mayorship - had been carved out and was due to be cleared and furnished, fulfilling the industrialist's campaign promise.

Spoiler: Goblin temple (click to show/hide)

The Human temple had been cleared and furnished with several statues of gods and goddesses, including Ngostong the Rumours of Terrifying, law-giver of the Humble Nations and incarnation of Onmo the Will of Snakes. Soon after the temple hosted its first mass under the auspices of Nathaniel Stormwind, who - to everyone present's surprise - left right after to pray at the Dwarven temple and the Elven shrine.

Outside of holding mass, Nathaniel himself had been busy, carving out a hidden sanctum for himself off his quarters as well as setting up private stone and bonecrafting workshops.

Spoiler: Nathaniel's sanctum (click to show/hide)

Ugo, Grau and the Jagers meanwhile were still secretly working on the hidden laboratory on the Lower Levels, having managed to carve out the rough rooms and corridors that would serve as laboratories.

The Thieves' Guild had also been hard at work furnishing and clearing their new quarters ready to re-accomodate them so that they could prepare for future heists. Konith in particular had taken a sharp interest in bringing the Guild's ill-gotten assets to bear in influencing the mayoral elections.

Spoiler: New Thieves' Guild (click to show/hide)

4th Granite 679 - Evening

A short rap rang on the door and seconds later Imiwa strode into Brosso's office, taking a seat opposite the Dwarf without even acknowledging him. Brosso looked up from the papers he was buried in. "I'm pretty sure that's rude even in Elven culture." Imiwa said nothing. Brosso picked up the delicate fungiwood box besides him and offered it to her. "Cigar?"

"Get to the point Brosso," the Elf retorted.

"My dear Imiwa, I would so like for us to be friends. I've already helped you in convincing Stronghammer to close down the wood-burners, if you'll remember."

"I certainly do. Your point?"

"Well if you'll remember I did it on the condition that you help me in the future. That time is now."

The Elf narrowed her eyes as she began to understand what Brosso wanted. "Is this anything to do with-"

"I need your help in getting your Elves to vote for me."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because I have asked you, and because I helped you in the past. You're not exactly the most popular amongst many Dwarves - let alone Goblins - Imiwa. You need me as much as much as the other way around. Please, just get your little Elven group to vote and spread the word. That's all, it's even less than what I did for you." He took a cigar out the box and lit it, puffing on it. "Who would you even vote for otherwise? The only choice at the moment is between Dwarves, you don't have a chance at being voted in, and if Fori should declare herself running again I doubt you'll vote for someone you've kindly termed a 'hateful, vile heretic'."

The Elf blew air out through her teeth in slight irritation. "Fine, I'll do as you've asked."

"I'm so glad this little alliance of ours is working out, truly I am. Still no to the cigar?" Imiwa ignored him, rising and leaving the office, leaving a smiling Brosso behind to blow a cloud of smoke where she had been standing.

8th Granite 679 - Afternoon

The blade of the knife bit into the infected Goblin's knuckle, as Ugo Sosleng wielded it with a precision that came from years of practice. Besides him, Fori and Grau watched on, while several of the militia lined the walls, weapons at the ready for anything. Outside, the troll Thud had been placed, as a last resort if anything managed to make it out of lab alive.

"You see," the Goblin said, twisting the blade so that it was angled perpendicular to the bone, still embedded in the inky surface, "when one such as our friend here dies, the stuff covering them melts away. But since our militia friends-" he glanced over at the guard at the wall "-don't quite have a scientific mind, they've never bother to see if it is linked to the death, or if severing a part is enough." With a small grunt he pushed the blade down and the finger came off. Red blood flowed from the stump and his assistants both flinched. Ugo pushed the finger away from the hand, severing any link with the body and almost instantly the inky substance covering the skin began to dissolve into wispy tendrils that faded off into the air. "Now see, that is most interesting. It appears to need a link to the living." He nodded over to Grau, who began to scrawl down notes, and picked up a scalpel. "Now, Fori my dear, if you'd be so kind as-" The Goblin was cut off by a loud commotion coming from outside the laboratory. Frowning slightly he tried to continue only for another outburst to make itself heard. Sighing he turned to go see what the hubbub was about, Fori and Grau in tow, while the militia remained to keep an eye on the infected Goblin on the table.

Outside, a large crowd had gathered by the forge walls. A small rickety wooden platform had been erected against a cavern wall and standing on it, was the self-styled Brosso the Magnificent. He was in the midst of a speech.

"-we've already seen to our spiritual well-being, we've seen to our food and drink supplies, we've seen to our defences! But, my fellows, my friends, what good is a community with no cheer? Have we returned to those distant days of our dark pasts, when we were born, lived, and died doing nothing but work? Have we descended to the depths of those savage nomadic tribes? My friends, my friends, let none be mistaken, I stand here before you to ask you; do we not deserve better?" A few calls of agreement rang out. "My friends, elect me and I promise you entertainment grander than ever seen! Let Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Kobolds and Goblins be united to make Nomekast the envy of the world all over and show those abominations lurking outside that we shall not let them take our love of life!" A cheer rose up, appealing to people's hatred of the Nothing was always a good way to do things. Brosso raised his hands, quietening the crowd. "Thank you, my friends, thank you! Be sure to visit the stand over there for some refreshments and complimentary crafts by some of our best Elven craftselves. Thank you again!" There was some applause and Brosso left the stage and the crowd began to disperse, some going to get free drinks and trinkets, others simply leaving.

Grau snorted. "He'd be better off upgrading the lab if he wants to do the community a service," he muttered, eliciting an agreement from both Fori and Ugo. As they turned to return into the laboratory, a shriek suddenly pierced the air, followed by maniacal giggling then insane babbling.

Ineth Vaboklecad, the blacksmith who had been struck by some strange inspiration a week before had been screaming for several days now, demanding cloth. Apparently silk or pig-tail cloth had not been good enough, as she had refused them. Clearly whatever it was that had driven her to claim a magma forge in the first place had now driven her completely insane, as she went coursing through the crowd, tearing at her clothes while babbling incoherently.

Ugo frowned as he watched the display. He was not a Goblin of politics. "Hmph, all this voting malarkey at a time like this," he muttered to himself. It would have been better for the community to adapt to a better, stabler model, such as the Goblin systems. With a final sigh he returned to his lab, twirling the scalpel adeptly through his fingers as he itched to return to work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Evening

Stas, Konith, Bax and Atis sat around the table in the recently-furnished new Thieves' Guild.

"Now then," Stas began, "now that we've got our new quarters up and running I think we can begin to continue the Guild's business."

"We need to do something about the police first," Konith interrupted. "I could maybe infiltrate it and-"

"Are you joking?" Bax said incredulously. "You're already on Stronghammer's radar from the raid on the metal stores. You joining the police will only make him even more suspicious."

"Then what do you suggest? You do it?"

The Goblin let out a hearty laugh. "Yeah, I'm sure they'd let me into the force." He grinned toothily, looping an arm round the small Dwarven girl by his side and bringing her to the table. "This is our ticket to information." He ruffled her hair with one green hand. He'd grown quite find of Atis, she did as told, even worked on her own initiative, and clearly held the Goblin out as some vague kind of father-figure.

"I don't think they'll let a little lass join-" Stas began.

Bax cut him off. "All she needs to do is spy. We all know how good she is at getting around unnoticed, and even if she is caught, what're they gonna do? She's a mute kid, they'll just think she was playing and got lost."

"I really don't think-"

"It's foolproof!" the Goblin insisted.

Stas and Konith shared a look; once Bax had an idea it was near-impossible to get the Goblin to give it up. Finally the Dwarf sighed. "Fine."

10th Granite 679 - Dawn

Nathaniel had felt the distinct pull of a spirit forcing its way back through the veil that separated the living and dead worlds just as the day was dawning. Without delay he grabbed his staff, moving out of his quarters to trace where exactly this spirit was heading to. It didn't take long to find it as his spirit companions fanned out. It was Kizerbane the priest of Armok that found the place: the cemetery under the temple. The Human made his way to the temple, passing through the great jet double doors into the small garden and then down into the crypts below. Directly before him was the passage that led to the small room that house Gadankobem, a gypsum coffin that was infused with some potent but dormant magic of unknown nature. To the left of him, locked away behind an orichalcum door was another strange artifact Nimemnokzam, a perfect aquamarine that had apparently terrified the Dwarven priests here, enough to lock it away. All in all his companions had noted twelve artifacts of various dormant magical powers within Nomekast, quite a feat for such a small and new community.

The crypts were pitch dark. It was already harder to see underground for a Human as it was, though the caverns were lit by a strange glow that made the place a perpetually dim twilight. He took a torch from the rack kept by the side for visitors, lighting it with a little spark from his torch. and moved on into the darkness. The tombs of those who had fallen lay all around the sides of the room. There was no sign of the spirit. It had either left - or worse, taken a corpse. He was racking his mind for any possible incantations Kizerbane had taught him to locate a spirit's trail when a dull thud rung out in the dark. It was coming from the further rooms where the more recent dead, including several dozen who had been retrieved from the surface when the community had had total freedom over it, were buried. He cautiously moved forward, and another muffled thud rung out, like something striking hollow rock. As Nathaniel reached the other chamber he could hear it much clearer now. It was coming from one of the stone coffins that lined the wall. He reached the coffin and read the name: Xenir. He vaguely recognised the name, a swordsman who had died a few months back. Another thud came from it. It seemed the dead man wanted to stretch his legs. With a heave Nathaniel gripped the stone lid, sliding it back.

With a distinctly relieved sigh Xenir sat up in his tomb. "Ahh, finally. Gods above I thought I was gonna be stuck in there forever!"

Nathaniel observed him for a few seconds. Though dishevelled and still sporting some slowly-healing wounds, Xenir seemed very much alive. "You do realise you're dead, don't you?"

Xenir rapped his knuckles against his head a few times. "Evidently not."

"You died and were buried. I was present for the funeral, I arrived the same day you died."

"I know, I remember it - my death, not the funeral, obviously. You're not learning me anything new. But I'm clearly not dead now."

"Yes you are. You still are. A living spirit can retake a body, but a dead body doesn't return from death.

"Eh?"

"You're undead is what I'm saying."

"You mean I'm going to rot away to a skeleton or end up as a zombie!?"

"Not while your spirit occupies it you shouldn't, that only occurs in basic necromancy with what are properly termed 'soul-husks', essentially artificial souls to animate a body to your will, but not a truly living soul tha-"

"I don't need a lesson in whatever mystic mumbo-jumbo you subscribe to. We all get enough of that from Ibruk. Just answer this: what exactly is going to happen?"

"Like I said, your body is technically dead, but with your spirit inside it should heal - and hurt - like normal. The process isn't exactly well understood, resurrection isn't exactly a commonplace thing."

"Ok. Second question: how long was I out for?"

"Almost four months."

"Four months." He stopped to think for a few seconds. "So this is...Granite 679, right?"

"Right. The tenth, at dawn."

Voices arose from behind them.

"-I assure you Master Ibruk, I can hear voices just past here-" They both recognised the voice, it was Kadzar, and thus probably Ibruk too, coming to perform the daily morning rites around the temple and the crypts. Nathaniel and Xenir stood in silence for a few seconds, unsure of what to do and worried how the two most pious Dwarves in the community would react. After a few long seconds the priest and the prophet turned to corner into the chamber and saw them. There was a long silence, then Ibruk spoke. "Brother Xenir, how wonderful to see you again, the gods have truly blessed us today! Come, come! The community must learn of this miracle!"
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 24, 2013, 08:26:46 pm »

Stronghammer eased back into his mayoral chair with a sigh. He had just been out giving his legs a stretch when he came across the small speech being given by his fellow alliance member. It seemed to Stronghammer that Brosso wished to try and win the elections by catering to the lack of entertainment. Stronghammer opened a tome to look at the various individuals currently living in the young community of Nomekast. He remembered each and everyone of them. Each arriving at the community with hope in their eyes. Everyone one of them striving to be a part of the community and to contribute to the town efforts. Stronghammer thought of them as his people, despite their diversity. He had been so engrossed in trying to help them that he had never contemplated the idea of loosing leadership. He feared for the community under the leadership of Brosso. Of the two of them Stronghammer saw himself as the more mild one in terms of equality and racial separatism. Brosso wanted only good for the dwarves, Stronghammer after having grown to accept the diversity wanted the best for all.

The tiredness slipped from his bones as he saw what he must do. He had to ensure that Brosso did not succeed in the elections. To do that he knew he had to take away the one bargaining chip he had. Entertainment. Stronghammer knew that was the only path he could and would take. He would not lower himself to the level of smearing his opponent even if Brosso's racism and dislike of the lower class was an important factor. Stronghammer called for the head mason and miners and began to draft up several community projects that he thought the town would enjoy. A tavern were drinks and stories could be shared and were those coming off duty could rest. A town auditorium wher meetings could be held, but also were plays, musicals, and operas could be performed. A small library where any could contribute to the town collection or go to enjoy the contributions of others. And finally a great monument in the middle of a garden and park, where any of the town could retreat for peace an quiet. One he drew up these plans he issued them to the people to look for volunteers. The second reason he did this, which was more of a bonus really, was for the people to see that he knew what they wanted and provided it. In fact at that moment an idea struck him. A small college where the leaders of the various fields could go to instruct the young and continue the passage of knowledge. Even include a small area for community research to be done. Armed with these plans and ideas, Stronghammer headed out to try and win an election.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 24, 2013, 08:36:41 pm »

"ah, Wha' happ'nd?" Xenir thought, still groggy.
 It took him a few seconds to remember who he was, but he had still no idea where he was. In his first investigation he had found himself in a dark, and really rather cramped space, and was thoroughly perplexed as to how he had got there. Stiff and sore, he wondered exactly what had occurred. While attempting to organize his thoughts, he was bombarded with a few hundred memories at once; Armor, leather, swords, soldiers, Shades, fighting, surrounded, a burning throat, and then... nothing.

"...The fuck?" He said aloud, his voice scratchy. "How... where am I?"

"Well," he reasoned. "I won't find out just lying here." And after a second quick inspection, he concluded that he was indeed in some sort of sealed container. Well, maybe not completely sealed; he was still alive, after all, but that was beside the point. He tentatively pushed on the walls and ceiling of his prison. No movement. He didn't really expect any, but now he knew for sure that he was, in fact, trapped.

"Oh, that is just perfect," He thought, contemplating his best chance of escape.

And so, hammering the walls as best he could, he shouted, "Hello? Anybody out there?"
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76