Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 180257 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #795 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »

Well, if your still taking dwarves, I would give it a shot!

Name:Weiss Ironscroll (closest translation to Ironscroll in the language_human.txt was "uzinecod" which means "Ironpaper")

Race:Human

Profession:He is a Dungeon Keeper's apprentice, he can capture, care, and train all animals he gets(sorry for this change, just wanted it to go along with the story). So it means that he would have trapping, animal training, and caretaking. He would also constantly set up cage traps in the tunnels, to capture crocs and whatever other "Fun" things he could to train for the fort)

Personality:Quiet, but has a good sense of humor (plan to make him a bit of a hard-ass for the beginning due to recent destruction of his home), enjoys the companionship of animals more than others of his kind, unless they're elves or anyone else who takes care of creatures, then hes fine. Can be serious, and is great at convincing others to do what he asks if he feels it important enough. He also has a small habit of taking in the baby animals with him, so now and again, he'll get a new pet to follow him around (it doesn't help that he now has that as an impulse due to the slaughter of the ones he was taking care of, poor bastards).

He is Agnostic, which is rare for a human, so he will probably not really pay too much attention to the prophet, also may once in awhile for curiosities sake, break through his quietness and  ask people and question them about their gods and beliefs.(oh gods, with this be interesting when Ibruk hears this...)
OH, and one last thing, Neutral Chaotic, and tends to have emotional shifts, so he'll be constantly changing how he acts, the quiet part is a bit more for when out good storyteller takes over, but add in the shifts if you want.

Short history: Weiss wanted to begin a new life(and did not have any choice in the matter, since he only barely managed to escape from him homeland's destruction), as well as help stop the Nothing after seeing his entire family slaughtered in front of him( mentally unstable from it being recent, if Jack dies, hes going to go fucking insane,most likely he will try to kill every last nothing there unless he's dragged in). So he decided to take his pet dog and loyal friend, Jack, and the clothes on his back.(give a dog to me as a pet if you have any, or it could be for RP's sake).

With his loyal companion by his side, he begins his quest towards the fort to help fend off the Nothing, hopefully by adding war animals to help the effort. With this, the story of Weiss Ironscroll begins.

sorry for the long apply, I tend to play RP, so some of those bastards are really choosy with a character if they don't have a long desc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:11:48 pm by empfan »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 02, 2012, 04:11:47 pm »

RIGHT, well, if I DO get accepted, here is my TRAVEL LOG OF PAIN AND AGONY...and depression!
****************************************************************************************************

Weiss's log, day...I have no fucking idea.

I seem to be getting by, as well as Jack. Turns out hes a really good hunter, as well as a war dog. Jack of all trades, I suppose!...bad joke... Right, well, I have no idea why I'm keeping this log, only that its probably the only reason besides Jack I manage to force myself to stay sane. I heard some rumors of a fort, a dwarven fort nearby where I think I am, if I could find it and not get my head ripped off by the Nothing, I could probably start anew!

Well, untill then I have to focus on my and Jack's survival. We killed another Nothing, barely though.  I got a stick and smashed its head in while Jack kept it distracted, also found some food that me and him could eat.

Its too quite, I miss the sounds of the town, the birds and animals and livestock I took care of and trained, my mother laughing, my father...my father teaching me to become a Dungeon Keeper, as he was...

I have neglected to tell you this, god forbid I forget to write my sob story before someone finds it covered in my blood, but I need to tell you what I saw, whoever finds this if I don't make it...

It started out simple enough, my mother was playing with the new kittens and my father and I were training in a real tough challenge, we needed to train some war tigers to help fend off the Nothing, and for the palace.  I was getting to the part with the bite training, showing it how to master it's instinct to kill against the Nothing...when they arrived into the town. It started with the screams, oh god, I can still hear it clear as day, my family quickly jumped into action, we gathered the animals that were trained and bred for war and sent them loose around the town, they were bred to kill the Nothing, and only the Nothing, we'd find them later...it wasn't enough. About 10 minutes passed by and thats when they broke through.

My father grabbed his sword and his war panda (I saw why he picked it at that point, still, it was a bitch to get him inside) and charged them. "WEISS, LISA(my mother), RUN!" he shouted as he fought, I got Jack in my arm (hes still a pup, only about a year or so old), took my moms hand and ran, as fast as our feet would take us. My father gave us a clear path, then I heard him scream as he died...

It was a sea. A FUCKING SEA OF THEM. All I saw was blackness behind us, we must have been the last ones alive, they would try to run us down. "Weiss...I can't...can't keep running" said my mother. "You have to, or they'll kill you!" I shouted.  It was at that moment she tripped. We had run for a long time, enough for even under adrenaline to run out. She collapsed, and as I tried to reach her, the Nothing were faster. It started with one, she raise her hand to defend herself, but it cut off her hand with a single swipe, she screamed in pain, and then she was consumed by all the sea, and I ran...I ran faster than I should of been able to, tears streaming down my cheeks, hot and tasted of salt. I was able to outrun them, gods know how, but I did, and hid in a tree with Jack for about two days...It was frightening. I saw them too, pass by us, one even looked up at the tree, and I thought I would of died, but it must of not saw me, for then it re-entered the sea of black.  Once it passed, two days after, I got down and ran, and about a month later, here I am...

...I think I see something in the distance, I think its the fort...now to see If I can survive even that long...
****************************************************************************************************

Weiss dropped the journal down from his view, he still had it in his hands. He wanted to see where he was going instead of writing as he walked. It hurt alot to re-live that time, enough where he was crying again as he walked. Jack was next to him, whimpering. He must of sensed it too, the pain he was feeling. "Its alright boy, we'll get through this" he said after he wiped his nose. If there were gods, he would have all but forsaken them now, as they surely must of done to him. He's only 17 for gods sakes, barely a man grown (OOC: by medieval standards, at least)  "We'll get through this Jack..We'll get through this" he whispered one last time before moving on, towards what he hoped was salvation, and not what would be his grave.

(OOC: forgot to say this, It would be great to get a couple of opinions on my writing skills, trying to write short stories as of late)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:46:33 pm by empfan »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:01 pm »

Sorry, last spam post, but I think I found us a theme. http://tindeck.com/listen/iuzo

Well, at least I think it fits the apocalypse.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 03, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »

I agree very fitting I think.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »

hey, this should fit DF as an whole.

Edit: wheres Throrins harp of silver and gold?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:27:35 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »

Very true

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:21 pm »

Well, when and if I get into the fortress, I had an idea: we got elves that talk to trees, a dwarf that talks to forgotten beasts, why not add a human that talks to animals, to add to the clusterfuck.  THAT, and I feel that there needs to be a reason for why Dungeon Keepers can tame almost everything.

My idea was it revolves around a ritual that must happen while being apprenticed under a master keeper. If you like the idea, I'll add the full story when I get into the fort, also, if our good circus director tries to make an arena with animals, expect Weiss to flip his shit. (HINT)

Walton Simons

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALEVOLENT_BUREAUCRAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 06, 2012, 01:55:27 am »

If you're still accepting characters, might I submit mine?

William de Mont-Saevo
Human

Background:
A second son of lesser human nobility, the Barons of Mont-Saevo, and thus consigned never to inherit, the preference being for his brother Richard, William was made to enter a trade to sustain himself, for which he chose to enter the business of his great-uncle Robert; instrument making, specifically, Harpsichords and Pipe Organs, which he has learnt to play as part of his trade (in game, one might consider this wood & metal crafting, as well as carpentry), during which time, his father Edward had died, leaving the estate to Richard. With the invasion of the 'Nothings', William was called to the Mont-Saevo estate by his brother, but before any business could be mentioned or discussed, Richard was killed upon William's arrival by the Nothings (for his lack of foresight, William would always speak of Richard as "That Damned Fool"). In the ensuing hours, many of the Tenants of the land were killed, leaving only a fraction alive, plus William. Determined to seek shelter, and return at a later date, when the crisis had passed, he set out to Nomekast, of which he had heard much, regarding its impenetrability. Setting out with no less than 15 bill-men, a fifer, and a drummer, he was intending to march there and augment the defenses of the place with his own, but eventually, all of his soldiers deserted him, leaving him only with his own clothes, and a box of stamps and sealing wax.

Temperament:
He is calm and reserved, not especially prone to outbursts of anger. He is not overly religious, but the Gods are not alien to him. His mind is quite sharp. He is proud in his own way, and sees the current state of affairs as a temporary, if life-threatening, emergency, after which, he intends to assume his place as Baron. He holds no special love for any of the races, but distrusts Kobolds to a certain extent. He is fond of pipe-smoking, and of vests.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »

empfan -  Sure thing! That idea sounds like a good one. I'll put you in with the next migrant wave.

Walton Simons - Sure thing! Like empfan, you'll be with the next migrant wave.

I've had most of this update ready for the past week but kept getting distracted before I could finish it, bluh, still 5 updates in January, clearly a personal best. Also, is it bad that I had no idea they were even making a The Hobbit movie before that was linked? And why does both firefox and libreoffice think 'movie' isn't a word?

18th Slate 678 - Noon

The 'leadership' of the fort was gathered in Stronghammer's office. Sheriff Derm stood present with Fori, Tarran and Rovod were present with their weapons already in hand, Kadzar stood by with his spear (there was a conspicuous lack of Ibruk, who usually inserted himself into such meetings) and Reg sat brooding, already grimly envisaging the new deaths this attack would bring. A map of Nomekast, which had been freshly drawn and requested by Stronghammer about a week ago, sat in the centre of them all, displaying the fortress as best as could be surmised.

"Gentledwarves, and Fori." Stronghammer began, "The facts are these: we have another two Forgotten Beasts preparing to attack the fort. Now, according to Derm's...visions they-"

"Well yes, let's talk about these visions for a moment actually." Reg suddenly interrupted, "I surely can't be the only one just wondering what in all the flux stones these visions are about? Why is Derm getting them? I can't be the only one maybe just wondering that maybe we should be looking into what these visions are and how they come about, rather than ignoring them until the next beastie comes along!?" the Chief Medical Dwarf's tone was firm and forceful.

"Now isn't the time, Reg." Fori said softly.

"We've got some beasts to kill before we can wonder about that." Tarran agreed. Reg frowned and said nothing.

Stronghammer cleared his throat,

"Now according to Derm's visions the two Forgotten Beasts are both here on the home level."

"Needless to say then that we need to act as soon as possible." Rovod remarked.

"Quite." Derm said, drumming his fingers on the table, "The two both have 'deadly blood', whether that's true or not, it's probably best not to take chances."

"Marksdwarves then?" Kadzar said.

"They're our safest bet."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile

The Jagerdraught was already prepared and bottled by the time Meinhard and his Jagers arrived. Ugo sat in his chair, a cup and saucer of tea (as it happened, the last tea he had brought with him. He'd have to find a way to secure more of the stuff, or get some seeds that they could grow here underground.) in one hand and writing down some notes with the other. He had just been preparing to disembowel his Nothing test subject when he had heard about the Forgotten Beasts, and now was most interested in seeing these beasts first hand. He put his pencil down and took a sip of tea,

"Please, make yourselves at home." he told the entering Jagers without turning round.

"No time vor dat, Ugo. Ve need de Jagerdraught" Meinhard told him. The Goblin waved a hand lazily at the bottle on the table beside him,

"Right there, feel free to drink." he prepared some fresh papers, he'd definitely want to make some notes on this. Meinhard snatched the bottle up,

"Hokay, are hyu all shure hyu vants to do dis? Dis isn't easy, dis vill hurt, hyu could die." he asked his five Jagers - three Dwarves and two Humans. Sodel and Owl, the two Dwarves that had been with him since he first formed the Jagers nodded immediately. One of the Humans nodded after thinking, the second also nodded soon after. The last Dwarf didn't move at all.

"Right, hokay, hyu can vait vor us on top." Meinhard told him. The Dwarf nodded, leaving silently. To the other four Meinhard offered the bottle with the Jagerdraught while Ugo watched on. One by one they took the drink, grimacing at the very bitter taste.

Soon they became to groan in pain, then outright begin to scream. Owl bit his lip to stifle the scream, and drew blood.

"How frightfully interesting." Ugo said, scrawling down note after note on his papers.

"Vots interstink iz if they can overzome de pain." he said, his arms crossed. Inwardly he was praying for all four of them to survive the ordeal, but the last thing he needed to do was distract them by shouting at them. The Jagerdraught was a personal transformation, one didn't intervene in it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They assembled by the gate. The militia was there, of course, with the marksdwarves, the Iron Guard, Kadzar (the rest of the warrior-priests having been wiped out by the recent infection), and several volunteers. The volunteers outnumbered the rest, consisting of Bax, Jessica, Kuro, Loral, Rashem, Hammers of the Gods, John Lock, Juggernaut, Sandra, Fori and Xenir, pretty much anyone who could wield a weapon and wanted to.

"Do we need this many people?" Derm asked, "We're only increasing the number of possible casualties."

"We're also decreasing the possibility of having a casualty." Tarran pointed out.

"Look," Kuro said, the Goblin interrupting the two, "I don't think that's our main problem at this present moment."

Derm and Tarran nodded.

"Let's move out!" Derm called to the assembled militia and volunteers. "Now, listen to me; when we might the beasts, everyone stand back and let the marksdwarves - sorry, markspeople" he added after a nod to Reno, BranRhi and Jessica, the three Humans who were also wielding crossbows, "let them fire first. Only attack if the beast is right at your throat! It's blood is 'deadly', so don't take any chances!"

"Ho ho, hyu ain't going vithout us, Sheriff!" came a call. Meinhard arrived, his Jagers following him. Ugo Sosleng stood behind them all, ready to make notes. All four who had taken the Jagerdraught had survived. Like Meinhard they were now larger, their skin had turned either a pale blue or a faint green and their teeth and nails had grown. Needless to say everyone stared, shocked.

"Pff, it's only da Jagerdraught." Meinhard brushed the issue aside, "Now let's go!"

They moved out into the caverns proper, moving on in a tight-knit group. There was no sign of either Iquila or Opeya, only gloom followed them. They heard it when they got to a clearing, a keening sound that pierced the air, followed by a sort of drumming. Rovod and his markspeople moved ahead, crossbows loaded and ready.

Iquila the Dung of Ashes stood in the clearing, its two tails thumping the cavern floor beneath it. The beast seemed to be moving side-to-side to the rhythm.

BOOM BOOM! the beast cried, no visible mouth. It sounded happy, almost child-like. It continued for a few seconds before appearing to notice them. It screamed the same keening cry from before and charged. Rovod, Rar, Doc. Steve, Reno, BranRhi and Jessica let their bolts fly. Most impacted harmlessly on the giant lobster's hide, but some got between the chinks in its armour.

A figure rushed past the markspeople.

"BLOOD FOR ARMOOOOOOOOOK!" Juggernaut cried, swinging his axe straight into Iquila's leg. It swept clean through and the leg went bowling away in a stream of blood.

"Juggernaut for Id's sake!" Tarran screamed. The damage was done though, and the rest of them felt obliged to go in to finish this now, leaving only Ugo behind, hastily jotting down notes and sketches of Iquila. Like ants they swarmed the giant lobster. Xenos and Rashem were bowled over near immediately by a swipe of Iquila's tail, while a snap of its claw nearly caught John Lock, who only barely managed to get out of the way in time, but in return drew blood with his sword. The use of spears came clear here, as Kadzar and Meinhard together managed to stab Iquila up in the left eye. Iquila screamed in pain, and flailed its arms and tails, sweeping several of them over. It only came to a rest when Muenster slammed his mace into its head, caving it in. With an almost whistling screech Iquila the Dung of Ashes collapsed dead and moved no more.

"Well." Doc. Steve remarked as bloodsoaked they all gathered round Iquila's lifeless corpse, "so much for not getting blood on us."

"What the hell were you doing!?" Kuro demanded of Juggernaut, the Goblin's voice hard. Besides him, the mute BranRhi nodded, while Xenir added,

"I thought we agreed on keeping back as much as possible and. Not. Getting. Blood. On us." he waved his hand towards his armour which was spattered with Iquila's blood.

Juggernaut made a dismissing sound,

"The God of Blood is not interested in those who fear to die. If you are brave, you will fight."

"Dammit Juggernaut, what if this stuff is as lethal as-"

My my, what a ruckus. came a bird-like trill. An huge unseen form flew past above them. Why, I almost feel guilty for being half of the problem. But then I remember the whole reason I'm here. Having a purpose is so invigorating wouldn't you say? birdsong filled the cave for a few seconds. Then the form flew across again, Well, well, the little Sheriff. How's the headache? I recommend powdered rocknuts mixed with valley herb. I'm sure the Elf can agree.

Loral nodded,

"It makes a painkiller." he murmured, half to himself, half to Derm. The beast alighted, a huge bloated three-eyed bird with a shell perched nonsensically on its back. It trilled a few notes once more then spoke again,

Now. What we're all here for. Don't worry too much about the pain, I'm told it's a short sharp shock. If you don't struggle.

Opeya sung a few more noted, then launched himself back into the air again, swooping down Sandra beak-flashing. The Human woman threw herself to the ground and Opeya flew harmlessly over. Rovod took charge at once,

"Marksdwarves"" he didn't correct himself, not in the heat of battle, but Jessica, BranRhi and Reno understood anyways, "Fire at will!"

"Spread out!" Tarran called, "If we're bunched together he can bowl us all over in one hit!"

The group spread apart as a veritable stream of bolts came flying towards Opeya from Rar, Rovod, BranRhi, Jessica, Reno and Steve's crossbows.

Stop running. You're only going to hurt yourselves. Opeya chided, swooping down on the weaponless Ugo. The Goblin dived, sending his papers flying and making a mental note to finish his crossbow as soon as possible. Opeya pulled back up into the air and dived down towards Xenos. The move was badly planned however, as rather than hit the Kobold the beast slammed into his spear which pierced his feathered breast. Opeya screeched in pain and flew back up, taking the spear with him, and Xenos still clinging on to it.

That was when a bolt from Jessica pierced through its right wing, and in surprise it fell into the ground, trapping Xenos half under it. Kadzar was at hand at once, trying to help the Kobold out. Opeya saw and tried to peck at him, but found itself blocked by Hammer of the Gods. Though she was primarily Ibruk's protector, the zealous Goblin was always ready to protect those disciples of her holy Prophet. She slammed her name-sake hammer into Opeya's beak, while from the sides more bolts rained in on the beast. With one final hammerstrike from Hammer of the Gods, Opeya stopped struggling and fell dead.

With a heave Kadzar pulled Xenos out. The Kobold retrieved his spear, taking care not to cover himself in more blood.

"Well that could have gone better." Loral remarked, the Elf wiping his sword on the dirt. Most of the group was covered in some way from blood from one or both of the Forgotten Beasts.

"Could have gone worse." Jessica noted, "At least we're all-" she hesitated, not knowing the Dwarven word for 'alive'.

"Alive." Rar finished, running a hand through his hair.

"Let's hope that'll continue for many a year." Muenster added. There was silence for a few seconds before one of Meinhard's Jagers - the Dwarf who had refused the Jagerdraugh - gave a gasp and stiffened.

neo1096, your bio is up on the first post.
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2012, 09:42:29 pm »

Aaand at this point I should probably mention that I have kinda lost interest in actively taking part in community fortresses, my focuses having shifted to the RTD department.

Along with the fact that I've kinda completely forgotten everything I may or may not have planned, which would have been half baked Marty Stu bullshit anyway. Your stuff is much better, I should say.

It's a fantastic fort, and will continue to be, I just kinda don't want to write any more journals. Ever. Just a heads up so you can re-adjust the plot. Don't want you to, 'wait around' for me. Will continue to lurk, good luck, Armok-speed.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

No problem Derm! Glad to have had you on board, I've got a lot of the general 'big plot' sorted out and it shouldn't be any trouble rearranging it if needed, though I will miss your journal entries, they were always great fun to read. :P
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:01 pm »

I think the general decline of it was the whole 'paperwork' schtick that I overused.

Big event? 'paperwork'!

Invasion? 'paperwork!'

Grand opportunity for introspection and role playing? 'Paperwork!

Hehe, glad to see that you aren't annoyed by it though. thanks, see ya around.

(Check the RTD section once in a while, it's great fun.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:26 pm »

Yes, the RTD section is great fun. And we definitely need more players and GMs. /Advertizement lulz.

...Anyway, we're all so dead. I bet in a mere month we'll be turning into green slimes, losing limbs, or having our fat melt. Goodbye, cruel world. :(
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 07, 2012, 12:09:15 am »

Laboratory Log
Ugo Sosleng

So, those were forgotten beasts eh? Quite fascinating.

-Observe the Jagers, and note the changes.

-Get samples of blood from the forgotten beasts.

-Autopsy the forgotten beasts.

-Refer to notes from two logs back.

-Finish mechanizing crossbow. (I do not want anymore close calls like that again.)

As always too much to do and not enough time to do it.

ooc: If you want me to, I can go back and edit in the notes from my second to last entry rather letting you do it.

Sneaky Walrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Clever Walrus....
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 07, 2012, 02:51:18 am »

(ooc)
I REGRET NOTHING
Fire washes the sin off the soul and the skin off the bone. That and I can't be bothered making soap...
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76