Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 180287 times)

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

Good luck with school  ;D

The Iron Guard reminds me of Corneliu Codreanu's Iron Guard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTmJPhkOI7Y. Name? Check. Fascism? Check. This is gonna be awesome.

---------------------
Diary of Brosso the magnificent

Our Iron Guard is the rightful and proper answer for our problems with less desirable *friends*, we have here, and together with good Stronghammer's assistance we shall soon bring major change to our less-than-happy social structure. Would you believe they have indeed tried industrial sabotage against my friend's buildings!? Those tree huggers are more insane then they appear destroying the only thing keeping them safe regardless of having already lost a lot, and seen that proper industry is a mighty, steel vanguard against any possible danger from the nothing.

In other things worth a mention was an attack by yet another *ancient and powerful* beastie, which this time seemed to deploy some sort of poisonous vapors, which upon inhalation proved crippling or deadly. Many fell to it's syndrome, both dwarf and other, including young Fori (will have to do something to either help her or ease her suffering, I really have to save her voice for the opera - note to self).

Another nuissance as of late is Derm again, this scourge upon proper racial relations seems to be trying to either prove himself a prophet (by screaming insane things when monsters attack) and also upon my personal projects: he seems to be getting affectionate with Fori! MY future prima donna! I have to stop him!

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 16, 2011, 05:41:23 am »

Good luck with school.

This is one of the most impressive community fortresses i've seen because of your attention to detail and writting ability.

When your back can I get dwarfed please.

As an engraver/smoother.

called Felix.
He is calm and reserved and just wants to get on with his job. He doesn't care who lives in Nomekast as long as they let him do his job.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2011, 10:49:15 am »

Laboratory Log
Ugo Sosleng
2nd Entry

-In light of the recent air raid by flying nothing(?!), it becomes clear to me that I must perform a live autopsy on a nothing as soon as the lab is repaired. I should talk to the Sheriff, Derm I believe his name is, about volunteers from the militia to act as security during the operation in case of "incidents".

-I am troubled by rumors I am hearing about this "Brosso the Magnificent". It seems that he is building a circus and want to dispute Science's claim on the labrats I mean nothing. Only the light of scientific inquiry can cause the removal of fear fueled ignorance about our enemy, not parading them about in a pit!

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:02 am »

*Pant pant pant*

The cave-swallow woman ran through the caverns, the ceiling being too low to fly. She ran through the twisting passages, fleeing past riches that would be, to a dwarf, unimaginable. To her, they were just shiny walls. She ran up a slope, and tripped over a crundle, sending her falling into a ravine. As she looked up, she saw the three twisted, shadowy figures that had been chasing her.

"Oh no, plea-please no!"

***

Eldrich had woken up a few hours ago in a hospital bed. There was a couple of dwarfs in the beds to his left. To his right...

There.

Was.

An.

Elf.

He simply stared at her for what seemed like an hour. She shifted in her sleep, as though aware of his gaze. He stared for a while longer, then got out of the bed. He walked over to the Elf's bed, and paused, as if unsure. Then, as if making up his mind, he put one of his two ritual daggers, and its scabbard, in her hand. Her fingers closed around it, and he walked out of the room into the hallway.

He went to the left, walking and turning seemingly without purpose. He passed two thieves talking about their plans, and easily pick pocketed their ill-gotten gains from them without notice and continued on. He passed an old man grumbling about them young'ons and turned right into a dining hall. There, he paused, listening to the loud argument coming from the hall.

" It is a demon, a murderer, a monstrosity! We must kill it before it kills us!"

" Now listen you old coot!"

" DID YOU JUST CALL ME AN OLD COOT?"

" I sure as hell did. I used to tolerate your ... ""zeal"", but that was before you started talking about murdering burn victims in their sleep!"

"IT IS NOT A BURN VICTIM! IT IS A KILL-"

"Ahem"

Silence fell instantly, and the assembled creatures turned to look at the masked and caped figure that stepped out of the shadows.

" In my society, the accused are allowed to defend themselves in front of a jury. I thought yours did too."

The "old coots" cult sneered at him, but the cries of some of the dwarfs drowned them out.

" Yeah! Lets hear what the bogeyman has to say!'

"Bah! Fine, hear what the murderer has to say! I will be in the temple praying to the gods for your souls!"
The "old coot" turned and stomped out, his cult on his heels.

Eldrich watched them go, then turned back to the crowd.

" I will admit, we do kill people. But we need the resources. Our clouds cannot support tools for getting resources, and when was the last time you heard of a city that would trade with the bogeymen? Or one that would even talk to them?"

There were some uneasy murmurs among the crowd.

" Would you not kill to keep your children alive? Would you not kill to keep your race alive?"

He cleared his throat. " We have to kill, or our city's will fade and our family's will be food for the Roc's. I don't know how to make that any clearer to you."

He stared at the murmuring crowd for an minute, the turned and was about to leave when the dwarf that had been arguing with the old man came up.

"Er, hello, my names Derm. Uh, what's yours?"

".....Eldrich....."
I eat dead people.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2011, 07:28:19 am »

Ahras journal:
I cant sleep for longer times, the same dreams haut me whatever i do,
pictures of my village blazing, an unwavering tide of The spawn set alight by the fires.

the worst was i recognised one as the flames destroyed the black covering, i had seen him die in the mountainpass of _ Idsberg_ in the battle of the Broken pride, the bane of the Asir.
I had been in the same regions militia and fought alongside him, watching him get his throat ripped out in the clash between our tens of thousands soldiers and an tide of every monster in this world, twisted to the point of daemons,

Ogres in robes of black with dark clubs, even holy titans had been corrupted as i recognised the gray iron scales of Azkulem, the titan of the Tin ridges, and entire legions of northern goblins and their trolls still wearing their gear and weapons, drenched in dried spawn blood, they were called the Fallen, the ones that had lost to the spawns, we avoided that by setting the forests in the pass ablaze,

((The elves here went mad as i told them, pretty funny "you set an entire forest alight??!!" "May the spirits curse you" pfft the spirits are everywher and nowhere, they excist with us without goddamn trees. 

Bloody man-eating elves, they only won the war against the excavated confederation since they set our field alight and stole our food and took our weapons, that civilization is thieves to the bone.
but lets get on with the dream.))

And he became one of them. He seemed to look at me in gratitude as i hacked trough his ribcage to his spine with my simple woodsmans axe before as cloak of black dissipated
and we ran, ran, and ran until we reached the fort, and safety....for some time.

Ah well i think im gonna see if i can find that eldrich? or whats his name was, he was an interestion fellow.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:31:46 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »

Hey peeps, I'm back. Thanks for all the well-wishes about school. I've almost finished all I need to do, so I'll get an update done in the next few days. Deamonpies, thanks, I'll add your character in when I get the update up!
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 31, 2011, 04:56:01 pm »

excitement!
glad everything went well.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »

Welcome back. Have to say i have been in withdrawl for more Nomekast, glad to have you back.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »

I just read through the entire thread. It took me days. Great story :D
Could I have a male human swordsman named "Katana" who's obsessed with killing stuff and refuses to talk about the past?

Side note: Some funny stuff:
highlights

Alas, poor sober!
We hardly knew ye.
No seriously, who was that guy?

Knowing our luck, the next one will be some acid-breathing hydra made of steel.

Also, ProZocK, your dorf gobbo's profile is up! You're in luck, there was a migrant with a child, and the migrant died!

Qiuet you! this is a forgotten beast. he may have as many legs as he likes. provided he reminds no one.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »

Journal of Reno, Location: Nomekast.
Today I saw my half~brother today. He was upthere with his adpoted race. Flying on wings of metal and magic, plain to see to anyone who was looking closley. Thankfully they were all watching the migrant slaughter down below. He looked right at me, I swear the fucker even waved to me.

Reno's recurring nightmare, Dream location: village of Letherna.
Reno had not yet been born that day but his older and untainted brother would talk long of it, scaring Reno and Rahl into staying in the cace. it was just before the first major city fell. A band of Nothing swept into the village, killing all in their sight. Reno's father, for some inexpicable reason, was diffrent. He instead opted for a good ol' fashioned rape. He left Reno's mother within an inch of her life and her 8 year old son horrficly scarred in both senses. They both escaped from the village to cave in the moutians. two monts passed and Reno's mother died. but not before she had given birth to Reno  and Rahl Monty. Reno looked like very other human child, expect for the fact that he was slightly blurry around the edges and Nothing usually ingored him, a testment to his father. Rahl however had goten most of the Nothing DNA and looked like a very humanoid nothing. Both lived in the cave until they were 18 and their Brother died. After that they wnet their seprate ways, each blaming each other for the combantion fo a rockfall, bear attack, bluebarry bush, bird poop, HFS portal, kitten heart and Nothing potral that had all contributed to his death. These are the things Reno dreams of every night.
((is this an accbetabla backstory?))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 07, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »

Just readed the entire thread. Lovely! Posting to suscribe- and good luck with school.
EDIT: Scratch that, I would want to be kobolded.
Name: Konith.
Race: Kobold.
Profession: Markskobold
Custom: "Borrower".
Personality:
He's a thief, to put it simple. He likes valuable objects and is skilled in lockpicking and moving silently. Can't stand looking at a gold bar and not having a plan to take it. Other than that, I'll stick with whatever the personality is.
History:
Konith's cave was destroyed by the Nothing. He escaped and heard of Nomekast and now plans to go there. And he would like to join the local Thieves Guild if he finds out there's one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:02:20 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

Fantastic narrative styles guys. Request to be human (humaned?)

Name:BranRhi
Job:Duel-wielding crossbowman
During the final battle for a human fortress he was briefly engulfed by a Nothing leaving him covered in scars and unable to speak. He wears iron armor to cover the scars and carries a crossbow in each hand.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Kurotabo

• Bay Watcher
  • Here comes the elephant... Throw the snakes at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:09 pm »

This is actually pretty cool. I would like to be goblined as:
Kuro a swordgoblin who uses 2 swords, one in each hand. And who wears steel chain covered by a cloak,green if possible.

Trained under a elven ranger named Thaco Oakendale after being captured by his tribe. The tribe was wiped out during one of the first attacks by the Nothing. Kuro has no problem with elves, dwarves, or humans thanks to Thaco's teachings. He only wants to wipe the Nothing out.
"That which has been seen, can never be unseen. Fetch me my mind soap."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 03, 2011, 09:11:20 am »

something happened IRL?

also very long time bump
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 05, 2011, 09:57:15 am »

:/
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76