Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 180198 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2010, 03:48:49 pm »

Sweet! One forgotten beast down, a horrible....broken....doomed...world to go.... :-\
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2010, 04:23:27 pm »

It's really lucky this time he died before spreading his dust, it turns out that being coated in the stuff causes the entire dwarven body to rot.
Oh wow, that's nasty.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2010, 04:32:53 pm »

Oh god! These updates!

I just...

I just...

All stupidity aside, This is by far the best community fort of our time.
Also, when the next beast comes, Stas will hide in his lair.
Speaking of which, the lair should be expanded so it could have a treasury, a living/meeting room and a bedroom or two.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »

neat! the forgotten beast is dead! I never doubted you guys one second I swear!Well, not enough to gamble anything away on it...

Good update, nice action. uhm... can't think of anything to beat the previous poster really...

well...

anyways. What idiots arrived this time round?
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »

So, Fori isn't possessed anymore?

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2010, 05:27:17 pm »

So, Fori isn't possessed anymore?
Yeah, that magnetite grate is hers. It'll be more narrated in the next update, I just didn't want a whole 'nother section after the killing of Ongas.
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2010, 05:47:59 pm »

magnetite grate
Oh, I missed that, well, that reminds me...

*Ahem*

MAAAAGGGNEEEETTIITTEEE GRRRAAAAAAATTTEEEE!

Well, at least it's somewhat useful. Compared to the utter uselessness of the iron idol and bracelet.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 05, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »

Fantastic!
so should I take the fight as a huge challenge or was it rather easy?
would the dwarves tell reg about what they had heard?  somehow, I doubt it.  also, I hope there aren't any humans/kobolds/whatever in this refugee wave.  Before we know it, the fortress will no longer be dwarves offering their hospitality and it will become a mish mash of inferior peoples willing to house a small group of noble dwarves!  That simply will not do.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2010, 07:06:48 pm »

"You made a grate."

Fori looked up to see me coming into the room. I smiled.

"Yeah... Not really useful, is it?" She said, slipping a bit lower into her mug of strawberry wine.

"No, no, It can be used for a lot of things! We could place it in the cavern and let the Marksmen fire through it, We could put it over one of the magma access holes so various magma creatures can't crawl through it, we could pump water through it so beasts couldn't move into a well. There's a lot of use for a grate."

"I suppose."

A brief silence passed.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the-"

I help up a hand, halting the elf in her tracks.

"Don't be. By sharing the vision with me, I was able to pinpoint the location of Ongas, or Engas, and ready the military. It could have barged into the temple or some such while we were milling in confusion otherwise. Yes the vision was painful, as much as being eaten semi-alive can be, but we're still here aren't we? No lasting damage was done. And we got a neat grate and piles of meat out of it too."

She nodded. I cracked a smile.

"So, why don't we go and get some of the rum, eh? You need better booze than that to drown your sorrows in."

She protested as I pulled her by the arm, "But I can't handle the rum very well!"

"All the more to be wantin' to drink it, eh? C'mon, high priest will be wanting to see you in the morning. What better time to get smashed off our gourds?"

We were found about three hours later. I was dancing on a table and she was talking up a bucket with a barrel on her head.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:55:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

rogejun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2010, 07:12:02 pm »

Tommy (Diary from Ryva), 8th Opal 675 - seconds after the death of Ongas.

hehehehe ... you have always been arrogant Ongas, you should have learned from the mistakes of those who came before you, yes i can be dead and prisioned in the body of a human but I'm still on this plane while the dwarfs (and other creatures) eat your body, I only regret not be there to see you die ... Who knows if we (me and girl)  run, we can get in time to eat your heart or brain ... I always wanted to taste your meat or the meat of Amos... Crabs are delicous. Gotta go, the girl is waking up. She is so cute, she still think i am her other half... oh oh need go, bye Tommy

Edit:Some wrong words that i used
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:52:38 pm by rogejun »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2010, 11:36:50 am »

Meinhard checked his gear. One steel shield, one bronze spear, iron chain legs, iron high boots, iron chain shirt, iron gauntlets, iron helm, and a leather scroll case containing "the legacy". He also counted the nothing in front of him. 74.

"Goot, not too-many."

He made for the wall he saw in the distance. Maybe there was some one there.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

RenderRar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2010, 07:38:48 pm »

I would like a dwarf. Male please.
Name: Rar
Profession: CrossbowDwarf (Or Mechanic)
*Waits patiently for his character too be added in.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »

From the log of Fori

Finally, thank the spirits, it’s over. That thing has finally left my head. I was afraid I was going to go mad from the constant pressure. The relief I felt when it finally departed, it was almost euphoric. It went into that grate I built, and as far as I know, still resides there. But why did it choose the name Ctostastel? The Contained Ally? Does it want to help us? It certainly didn’t seem so when it was possessing me. On the other hand. I thought I did feel a brief sense of gratitude from it as it left me. I don’t know, I’m just an elf. I’m just glad it’s out of my head. Ibruk can have the grate for his temple. Or melt it down to recover the iron ore for all I care. That thing is just the manifestation of a bad memory for me.

But the spirits bless Derm. I knew I did something, but I had no idea it was so painful. Eaten alive? I was worried he would hate or fear me after what I did while possessed. But he forgave me. But what he told me about what that monster said. It chills me. Who had sent the nothing? Does some god wish to destroy us? Do they all turn their backs to us, or are some still benevolent to their creations? What of the spirits of the woods? Are they to be destroyed too? Or was that just the work of some demon trying to deceive us? That’s probably what Ibruk will say. But if the gods truly have turned against us, what should we do? What can we do but soldier on, on our own as we have always done?

Either way, Derm had the right idea. I needed to get drunk. Naturally, I don’t remember much of it, I drank so much ale. I vaguely recall dozing in an empty barrel again, and being carried back to my room over the shoulder of one of the dwarves. Nothing like a powerful hangover to get the thoughts of Armageddon out of one’s head.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2010, 03:48:16 pm »

Five days since the tower got overrun by the black beasts.

"stranenngut , musptonspe smangesostdu!" Gutusp demanded of the child.

She had only brought her along as a tool, to be used, but soon realised how useless she truly was when it came to things not inside a well defended, powerful tower. She couldn't even make a fire, the simplest sign of the towers deity. Or chop even down the wood for the fire for that matter. She had decided that there was no way they were going to continue this marching and searching for a new tower without some rest.

She had decided that the best course of action was the make sure none of the beats came near when they slept, thus. set fire to the forest. step into the middle of the ring of fire. sleep. simple! Smangesostdu had already decided where to sleep, so Gutusp simply set fire to a nearby tree, dragged her slave to the ashes after it burnt out and there were fires burning nearby, and slept.

She was woken up by the child's screams. Which were soon followed by her going into shock.Then crying.

Gutusp left her there with an axe pointing to where she was headed. She had no time to waste on weaklings.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2010, 05:30:58 pm »

bump.

Sorry for the double post. any idea when the next page is coming? I can't wait.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76