Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 177055 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing
« Reply #1065 on: December 07, 2014, 02:01:31 pm »

aquor how large are the migrant waves on average for our fort?

and fly how big do you see your group as?

I am asking because I see mine as 10-15 refuges including myself and if the numbers fit right we can say our groups meet up on the way to explain why 2 or more refuges from different groups arrive in the same wave.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 07, 2014, 07:41:12 pm »

and fly how big do you see your group as?

I am asking because I see mine as 10-15 refuges including myself and if the numbers fit right we can say our groups meet up on the way to explain why 2 or more refuges from different groups arrive in the same wave.
Sorry for late reply '~'
I actually see her following your group if you want it to be like that. That means there's a kobold running out to say hi to your group.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

ok do you want one or both of us to write our characters meeting each other or leave that to aqueor?

i guess you could write your char meeting with some of the NPCs then i write meeting the same NPCs and hearing out you) or maybe we work together on a post in a PM and then post when its done?

whatever. it doesn't matter either way to me as long my character stays well....acting like himself.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 07, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

ok do you want one or both of us to write our characters meeting each other or leave that to aqueor?

i guess you could write your char meeting with some of the NPCs then i write meeting the same NPCs and hearing out you) or maybe we work together on a post in a PM and then post when its done?

whatever. it doesn't matter either way to me as long my character stays well....acting like himself.
I am absolutely terrified to try to write other's characters so we'll work on it in PMs.
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 07, 2014, 07:59:26 pm »

same here. TO THE PM SYSTEM!

edit- dang it. went offline sometime after a sent my message without responding. i sure hope we don't arrive before we get a entry of us meeting up posted, if she doesn't message back soon i might make an entry that does not include her, to pass the time. after all we are a group of refuges trying to reach a fortress that will hopefully keep us safe from the civilization crushing monsters that are all around us. there must be something of some interest i can do. ranging from being slightly helpful or talking to being a total badass, i could kill something, talk about the weather, say
"it was inevitable" brag about my past violent acts. ect.

edit again-OH aqueor one more thing. as pryefly mentioned the large humanoids we mostly dwarfs but the girl i talked to and her parents were human, mostly for the sake of having them be archers with bows rather than archers with crossbows....

(come to think of it what's the difference between archer skill and (cross)bow skill?)

so if its not to much trouble (ie. within the limits of whatever program you were using with the fort and wont mess with the others in the dwarf/human/elf/kobold/goblin/other/ing list) could you see to it they are there as depicted in my entry's for continuity's sake, if not i guess we can go with one of the options i mentioned in my first one (ie. some refuges delayed, killed, stopped somewhere else ,ect)

also that brings me to something i have been meaning to ask. how do you manage the multiracial thing, is it that runesmith thing you mentioned, are they all dwarfs in game but other races in story, did you find away around the "other races are pets bug" and give dwarves entities reaction for smaller and larger armor, or what exactly because i cant remember if it was already said. details man i want details
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:46:16 pm by endlessblaze »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 07, 2014, 11:20:25 pm »

I believe Aequor stated that all the different races were just dwarves given the "Profession" of their race. For example, an "Swordelf" would be a dwarf with his profession name changed to "Swordelf". Its really very simple.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 08, 2014, 07:24:08 am »

Ahhhh. Well I hope he can make sure I'm fast like an elf or at least close. Eh regardless this is going to be epic when I get there, I can't wait to read of embers exploits, who knows what I will do!

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 08, 2014, 07:44:14 am »

endlessblaze - Arcvasti's right, I simply use custom professions to put down whatever race they are or if they have a specific non-game profession (preacher, scientist, etc). In-game they're all still dwarves and short of doing the kind of stuff Masterwork does and that is waaaay above my modding skill, I don't see another way to do it.

As for the size of migrant waves, that can vary, usually a dozen people, but this time a caravan actually got out so might be more, then again, the deaths might make it less. And of course, depends on how many survive through the Nothing to even get to the fort in the first place once they spawn on map. :P
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 08, 2014, 08:29:42 am »

Ok. I am going to try and influence ember to protect the children.

(Focuses)

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 09, 2014, 01:24:45 pm »

OOC note: Great story as always! I should be writing these journals more...

So we (I) kind of quit the journal thing and Brother doesn't want anything to do with it (says having a journal makes him feel dumb) so it's just me writing. I don't feel writing a novel quite yet so I'll talk about recent events.

That philosopher and that blue guy died recently.. I stayed away from the philosopher and the blue guy was a military man, so I never really got to know either of them, but it's always sad to hear of someone's death..

I heard that they made a library recently, so I might check that out..

Aarde
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:38:48 pm by Wofi »
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 11, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »

We finished talking about the post of how Pyre and Ember meet, I'm just waiting for it to be posted :3

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 11, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »

Heheh yha, sorry for the wait. I will get right on that :-[

HERE WE GO! (I would fix spelling but this computer is going dead so I need to post now!)

ok now I can fix it....and why is spellcheck not working? ah forget it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun broke through the night a gave way to dawn the refuge camp begain to stir, of course some one had to notice the obvious, there was a KOBOLD of all things siting there next to the remains of the fire. The sentry that discovered her begain to draw his blade but was interupted by the kobold,not by dagger but a statement in the dwarves native tongue

"HI~! Er, Hello I mhean! I forgot I'm supposed to proper first time." "I got bored vaiting to be invited over, I came. So how are you?"

"ummm fine..." to shocked by this development to make any sort of desision or attack, this was his only responce. after a moment of his brain trying to comprehend this insanity he snaped out of it a rasonilized that if the kobold was here to steal or cause harm it would not have waited by the fire for someone to wake up.

"So, vhere ve going? There's a lot of dvarf, maybe a fort! Maybe it has streets paved gold, and a vaterall, and shiny, shiny treasures~!" She paused for a second. "Not stealing treasures, vorld too broken for it to be a good idea." She said afterwards.

"ummmm...yes were going to a fort, im not to sure about treasures considering the state of the world right now but there might be some if thay have managed to hold off those creatures long enough to take care of luxires"

by now most others in the camp had gathered around and were wispering amongst themsleves. it was soon that ember spoke up.  well by all means if she doesent steal let her come with us, if she can fight thats a bit less danger from the nothings and when we get to the fort maybe she could help with some work. i myself have been wondering if thay would let me mine out a room and keep the material. might even use some of the matirial to make my own pick. i wonder if thay have books, the last fort i went to had a few.

"So that means I can come, right?" Pyre asked happily. "vhait, I forgot," She suddenly realized she hasn't given her name, "I'm Pyre."

im ember, and yes you can come...

and so there typical day of travle started. a bit of time eating and relaxing in camp before packing up and heading off!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:49:11 pm by endlessblaze »

Foton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 14, 2014, 11:51:36 am »

Dwarf me, please as Foton, Dwarven Revolutionary. Profession: any of miner/mason/engraver/smith/furnace operator.
He was member of Workers' Union in the Despotate of the Momentous Manor. On the 25th Sandstone of 673 Workers' Union started the uprising, which led to the full-scale civil war. Despite victories over loyalists, rebels were unable to stop Nothings, and Revolutionary Army was crushed in the Battle of the Bloodriver by the Nothings and infected goblins on the 10th Granite of 679. Very few escaped.

Foton didn't like organised religion, hates nobles and likes to quote leaders of Workers' Union, like Loral Kadoluvash says "Industry is the first step on the way to the perfect society". He also wants to forge union of dwarves, humans and elves to battle goblins, nobles and Nothings.
Actually, drinking magma is completely harmless.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 15, 2014, 10:52:57 am »

No one commented on mine and preflys writeing....

:'(

/sad

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 15, 2014, 04:23:34 pm »

No one commented on mine and preflys writeing....

:'(

/sad
It's ok, I think it was good :3
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76