Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (2010 Community Fort): Dawndeeps the Cavern of Twlight  (Read 5300 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (2010 Community Fort): Dawndeeps the Cavern of Twlight
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »

I've updated the Original Post with screenshots of each Dorf's skills - choose quickly before others do :B
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 02:57:08 pm »

I'll take Kol the gem cutter. Give him a sword and call him Ironshard.

The Armorer is a better warrior, but you probably want to keep him for metalworking. Although, oddly, that Miller is also a decent smith.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 03:03:49 pm »

I'll take Kol the gem cutter. Give him a sword and call him Ironshard.

The Armorer is a better warrior, but you probably want to keep him for metalworking. Although, oddly, that Miller is also a decent smith.

Actually, I was going to make Kol the Cook/milker/cheese maker o-o ...
Kay.

Edit;

I uploaded the fort for viewing! See if you can find Lolar's corpse. :D

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8401-dawndeepsthecavernoftwilight

Edit2;

Hm.... DF2010 is like pitting Teletubbies against Superman. They look weird, but they're probably tough to kill. :]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:34:50 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 03:32:33 pm »

Well, there is always the animal caretaker. He's pretty worthless as is, so he'd be a good candidate for the Cook/Milker/Cheese maker position. It's not like Kol's novice cooking skill is going to help that much, and his combat skills will be useful since he can help train any other military dwarves you decide to draft.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:34 pm »

Well, there is always the animal caretaker. He's pretty worthless as is, so he'd be a good candidate for the Cook/Milker/Cheese maker position. It's not like Kol's novice cooking skill is going to help that much, and his combat skills will be useful since he can help train any other military dwarves you decide to draft.

I already made that deducation afore you posted - Kol is yours. :D
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 04:04:42 pm »

Thanks! Now all he needs is a barracks to train in and some equipment. Are you going to draft anyone else into the military at this point?
Come play Mafia with us!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »

Dawndeeps 16th Obsidian, 1053, Late Winter

The chute for the water to drain down is nearly done. The bedrooms underneath our main chamber are also done - the rooms are simple holes with beds and doors, but they will do for now.
Everybody and everything has come to a stop till we get that farm built, the three miners are digging out the last tunnels right now.
I have taken it upon myself to be known as Azkanan from this day forth... whilst also contemplating whom to delegate as the military captain - i save people, not kill them... I am considering Kol... he has experience in combat, it seems.

Dawndeeps 18th Obsidian, 1053, Late Winter

I have delegated Kol as a Military Captain with Erith the Trader as his right hand dwarf, seeing as he proved himself quite well during an attack earlier this year. I will set these two to training immediately.

Dawndeeps 2nd Granite, 1054, Early Spring

Spring has arrived, and on this day, the water has been chuted downwards. There are still two channels to be dug out between the water and the farm - what a beautiful sight that will be, as water comes rushing down from nearly a mile up... But, they should be out of the way within the week.

Dawndeeps 17th Granite, 1054, Early Spring

After failed attempts to circumverate the blocked chute, we dug upwards from underneath the blocked chute - a ramp, no less. This was successful, the water falling the rest of the 20 levels or so... Dragging along Moldath Nokgoletur the Miner... He didn't stand a chance after being sucked down by all that water.
Nethertheless, his sacrifice was not in-vain. The area dug out for farming should be farmable very soon. RIP, Moldath. May the rocks bury you deep.

Dawndeeps 28th Granite, 1054, Early Spring

Today was a momentus day, as Ushat the Armorer and Edém the planter married! Good times. Meanwhile, whilst we wait for the water to level out in the farming cavern, the two remaining miners are finally knocking down all the walls in the main cavern to create more space - then they'll dig out the Barracks which goes up through ramps inside a five-by-five pillar in the main cavern.

Dawndeeps 7thth Slate, 1054

Migrants have arrived! A Mason named Obok Esdorsibrek, a Wood Crafter named Domas Mórulurist, a Trapper named Deduk Sanreboslan and his pet Doren the Puppy, four Donkey Foals, three Horse Foals,  a Lye Maker named Athel Nethlolok - who is actually a proficient stone crafter - an engraver named Vabok Abirmosus, a leatherworker who is actually as skilled with a hammer and shield as he is a leatherworker, though this is not a compliment to his abilities... I think I will add him to the military.
A metalcrafter called As Sosadmorul, a Marksdwarf called Obok Ducimgusgash, a Talented Cheese Maker called Ingish Kodendok, a Pump Operator called Etur Bomrekston, a Dyer called Erib Ducimsakrith, a butcher - and novice Bone Doctor, he could be useful - called Asob Oddommuzish, a Carpenter called Thob Ushrirang (who kindly brought us an Iron Battleaxe), an adequate fish cleaner called Nil Atirabir, a hunter called Fikod Fiercegears - a competant Marksdwarf, dodger and leader as well as a talented Ambusher - definetly worthy of forming an archer group.
A peasant called Dumat Oltarotung, a woodburner called Sigun Kilrudes - also an Expert Ambusher. A novice tanner called Rakust Sigunzefon, a child called Udil Alathdeg (Boltedway, heh).
Another Hunter-ambusher called Zon Bunemtun, a herbalist called Muthkat Vabokastel, a glassmaker called Cog Spearcounsel, an adequate woodworker called Dodok Drumbridges and a gem setter called Endok Ruloltar - who is also an adequate soldier, to say the least.

After going through these, I have assigned two military units. One melee and one ranged. The head of the ranged squad, The Dangerous Lances, is Fikod Zikelolon. His men are Obok Ducimgusgash and Zon Bunemtun.
The melee squad, The Walled Drums is headed by Ironshard Estunustuth, his men are Erith Cogrul, Vabok Abirmosus, Kib Ushulkadol and Endok Ruloltar.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 04:42:25 pm »

Is Kol not part of the military?
Come play Mafia with us!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »

Is Kol not part of the military?

...The melee squad, The Walled Drums is headed by 'Ironshard' Estunustuth, his men are Erith Cogrul, Vabok Abirmosus, Kib Ushulkadol and Endok Ruloltar.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:04 pm »

Hehe. Nevermind.... ::)
Come play Mafia with us!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »

(Also, The "Nobles" have been bugged/corrupted, I only have military nobles visible. No bookkeepers or leader positions. shit. Hope Toady fixes that soon).

Dawndeeps 26th Slate, 1054

I have realised that, now that we have absolutely no pools of water... how am I to clean wounds? I've ordered for a medical complex to be constructed with an adjoining pool to be filled with what water we can find.

Dawndeeps 3rd Felsite, 1054

Obok Ducimgusgash fell into an odd mood today. Recognises the signs, I ordered for a number of workshops to be hastily made... He chose the Craftdwarfs Workshop.
He draws pictures of shells. Bad news, we don't have any pools, nevermind turtles... we are going to wall him into the workshop, seeing as he will eventually go insane and probably try to kill us.

Dawndeeps 6th Felsite, 1054

Obok has been successfully walled into the workshop, seemingly oblivious to the event. Meanwhile, my hospital has been dug out, but we only have one bed... We need to find more wood. I don't like above-ground wood, therefore, I'll be sending out a woodchopping group to fetch fungiwood and other sorts soon.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

Dawndeeps, 12th Felsite, 1054

Dammit all! A Giant Bat has come over the lower walls as we were bricking them up! A huge thing, too, enourmous with a jet-black mane and burned sepia skin...
The beast chased Edem Ducimthob all the way to the surface and to the peake of the mountain, killing Ducem the puppy and a wardog in the process. Meanwhile, the useless military continued training.

Dawndeeps, 17th Felsite, 1054

As if the Bat chasing Edem wasn't enough, a Cave Crocodile came in through the passage to the upper cavern, heading for Edem who had got rid of the Giant Bat on the surface.

Dawndeeps, 19th Felsite, 1054

Ironshard answered the call to save poor Edem, slaying the Cave Crocodile with ease, returning with reports of an Elven Caravan on the surface. I've ordered for the immediate construction of a Trade Depot... Not that we have much to offer.

Dawndeeps, 20th Felsite, 1054

Ugh! Athel Nethlolok has been struck down by another Giant bat! I need to start posting some patrols in the upper cavern.

Dawndeeps, 21st Felsite, 1054

I've set a patrol route through the upper cavern - but the military are so damn slow! A Giant Bat just killed the carpenter Thob Ushrirang.

Dawndeeps, 23rd Felsite, 1054

By the time the military got to the Upper Cavern, the beast had fled. The Trade Depot has finally been completed, the farming is going strong and so is the flow of booze. All is well, and with this given time of relaxation, I've had the miners dig out rough burial chambers for our fallen.
But, of course, due to the bug that all my Noble Positions but the military have dissapeared... I have no official broker.

Godammit, it crashed - again. I should report this. The entire above log is now mute/useless.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 08:25:41 am »

Fikod Fiercegears is now Spartan Fiercegears.

If only he was a siege operator...
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:11 am »

Dumat Oltarotung, Peasant is now Urist Oltarotung, Siege Operator/Siege Engineer.
Bonus points for making him both.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 10:42:25 am »

Posting in an epic thread. Dorf me as the miner please?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
Pages: 1 [2] 3