Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How'd that get in there?  (Read 1431 times)

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How'd that get in there?
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:20:13 pm »

I embarked on a cave.  Somehow my wagon (all 3x3 squares of it) ended up inside the cave, despite the fact that the cave only has a 1-tile wide entrance.

So yeah...this should probably be in bug reports, huh? 

No matter!  I'll keep in in the cave and set up the level it's on as a museum!  Tourists from all over will arrive at my fortress and scratch their heads in wonder at my Marvelous, Space Defying Wagon o' Broken Physics!

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
Re: How'd that get in there?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:21:14 pm »

This is relevant to my interests. Screenshot perhaps?

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:25 pm »

Dwarven engineering doesn't listen to the humans' "laws" of physics.

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:15 pm »

Relatedly, I embarked in an area that had a big steep mountain on the right and a flat plain on the left. I found my dwarves halfway up the mountain (the sides of which were a maximum of about two walkable squares wide at any given point).

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:36:51 pm »

This is relevant to my interests. Screenshot perhaps?

Will do!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:44:48 pm »

I embarked on a volcano once to find my dwarves standing on top of the ledge, my wagon gone, and my supplies scattered. One of the mules immediately burned to death, and I think some of my supplies were in the volcano. All 7 dwarves were fine, but unable to get down - since it was a good 10 level sheer drop to the nearest ground below and the only pick that had apparently survived was at the bottom (along with a few barrels of dwarven beer and cave lobster, as well as a splattered corpse of the poor cow that I had brought with me - I can only assume they spawned in mid-air and fell, I didn't see the drop).

I abandoned and came back with a reclaim party, which appeared near the volcano on normal ground with everything intact. I didn't play long, though - I just couldn't get over the absurdity of having a giant pillar of lava sitting there above everything else.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Spike GT

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »

This is unrelated to the actual topic, but very related to the title.  Something weird that happened to me in my fort that I had sealed off from the outside because I couldn't handle goblin attacks (sad, I know): I was digging deeeeep near a cavern, and accidentally dug into an underground lake; I was astonished when, along with craploads of water, in washed copious amounts of goblin blood.  I could find no goblins in the cavern, and that area was actually even devoid of other weird crap that my dwarves have spotted in other sections of cavern further up.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 07:25:46 pm »

I embarked on a cave.  Somehow my wagon (all 3x3 squares of it) ended up inside the cave, despite the fact that the cave only has a 1-tile wide entrance.

So yeah...this should probably be in bug reports, huh? 

No matter!  I'll keep in in the cave and set up the level it's on as a museum!  Tourists from all over will arrive at my fortress and scratch their heads in wonder at my Marvelous, Space Defying Wagon o' Broken Physics!

I was about to say, keep that, that be one of them rare space defying wagons.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 07:30:25 pm »

I was digging deeeeep near a cavern, and accidentally dug into an underground lake; I was astonished when, along with craploads of water, in washed copious amounts of goblin blood.  I could find no goblins in the cavern

Whaaaaaaaaat.

Had any Goblins been bleeding into your lakes?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

DuckBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 07:41:56 pm »

Disclaimer:  Absurd rumor I heard across the forums that I am now spreading because it amuses me

I think one of your dwarves washed himself or his sword of goblin slaying +7 in your cave river.  I know my dwarves are trekking piles of macaque blood all over my fortress, and I can't convince them to clean it up.

Spike GT

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:02:11 pm »

Disclaimer:  Absurd rumor I heard across the forums that I am now spreading because it amuses me

I think one of your dwarves washed himself or his sword of goblin slaying +7 in your cave river.  I know my dwarves are trekking piles of macaque blood all over my fortress, and I can't convince them to clean it up.
I dunno, the blood came in with the water the second I breached it, and I don't have any part-time miner/soldiers.  I also just now found a lot of donkey/dog/dwarf/goblin blood smears on some up/down staircases, but curiously only in three floors of stairs that are waaaaay far down from the surface; none above, none below.  Weird.  I think blood is just teleporting around.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and this underground lake was not one that I actually allowed my dwarves to have contact with prior to this (I spied a forgotten beast that scared the hell out of me, so I didn't send anyone in to explore deeper).

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:55 pm »

there might be something weird going on with blood and water because I was trying to drown a human law giver, sacrificing one of my miners in the process, and once the water hit the room, blood spatter appeared on the far side, away from where the dorf was unconscious and it kept flickering in and out.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »

The only problem with the museum wagon is that the wagon counts as an everything stockpile with unlimited space. I did a reclaim and when I did a mass reclaim on the leftover goods my dwarves immediately tried to store everything in the wagon.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »

Hey, this forgotten beast...

He doesn't happen to spew goblin blood or anything, does he?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »

This is unrelated to the actual topic, but very related to the title.  Something weird that happened to me in my fort that I had sealed off from the outside because I couldn't handle goblin attacks (sad, I know): I was digging deeeeep near a cavern, and accidentally dug into an underground lake; I was astonished when, along with craploads of water, in washed copious amounts of goblin blood.  I could find no goblins in the cavern, and that area was actually even devoid of other weird crap that my dwarves have spotted in other sections of cavern further up.
That's odd, the blood usually gets off on the third floor...
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.
Pages: [1] 2