Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Caste questions...  (Read 2879 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Caste questions...
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 04:19:26 pm »

I'm not sure if it's caste-specific or not, but a creature can have multiple creature classes.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 04:29:57 pm »

Yeah, you should be able to have multiple creature classes (I haven't seen any adverse effects with the creature I used the technique with yet), and it's a caste-level tag like most. I'll take a quick jaunt to the arena to confirm... yep, got injected with giant desert scorpion venom, and got the syndrome.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 04:40:44 pm »

I have a lobster man race, and I plan to eventually break them down into castes based on the color of their shells. I.E. Red lobsters would be stronger, Blue Lobsters would be faster, Purple lobsters would be an inbetween, whilst white and yellow lobsters favor thinking related skills. Or something.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 04:43:00 pm »

Looks good Lofn. Does each creature have a different size, different body parts and different attacks? The caste system is becoming more and more interesting as I read about it.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 04:44:37 pm »

Looks good Lofn. Does each creature have a different size, different body parts and different attacks? The caste system is becoming more and more interesting as I read about it.

They do.  You can accomodate almost any physical change with a simple castes change.  It's a little tricky balancing out attacks with different body structures, but not terribly difficult.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Midna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:33 pm »

Actually, I still haven't figured out how the size system works. I really just want to know what equates to the old [SIZE:7] (etc) tag.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 05:44:10 pm »

It's been replaced by the following:

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:30000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:360000]

Each token represents a period of growth, with the first number being the number of years and the second being the number of days at which the growth will occur.
Also known as Zuhayr.

MagicGuigz

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »

I have a lobster man race, and I plan to eventually break them down into castes based on the color of their shells. I.E. Red lobsters would be stronger, Blue Lobsters would be faster, Purple lobsters would be an inbetween, whilst white and yellow lobsters favor thinking related skills. Or something.

Dear god we must mod in Yoshis at any price...

Midna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

It's been replaced by the following:

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:30000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:360000]

Each token represents a period of growth, with the first number being the number of years and the second being the number of days at which the growth will occur.

That's the issue; just what does a size of, say, 78000 (3000 + 15000 + 60000) mean in comparison to what it did before? I'm assuming it's basically the same as [SIZE:7.8], except the old [SIZE] tag didn't (doesn't) support decimals.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 06:00:02 pm »

That's the issue; just what does a size of, say, 78000 (3000 + 15000 + 60000) mean in comparison to what it did before? I'm assuming it's basically the same as [SIZE:7.8], except the old [SIZE] tag didn't (doesn't) support decimals.

I don't think it's that direct - personally, I've been taking my cues from the other raws, like using the human bodysize as a reference point for my new creatures.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Midna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »

Well, I took that from the raws for dwarves, and [SIZE:7] isn't terribly far off from where they were before....

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to get so many answers! Thanks!

Also, I'm thinking of making a mod where humans have more defined castes, like a fat man template where they have bigger fat layers, strong men with better strength, and maybe even facial differences between the sexes!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 11:23:04 pm »

Wait, I just have a concern. the same appearance modifier tags (head) can be put in both castes, but they gotta have different values?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 11:32:01 pm »

Wait, I just have a concern. the same appearance modifier tags (head) can be put in both castes, but they gotta have different values?
no but it's pointless to give both the same when u can have same effect by putting the tag into the [select_caste:all] section

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 11:34:47 pm »

no, I want females to have, say rounder faces then men, while men have, I dunno, more fat or something. they'll have the same tags in each CASTE part, but with different values.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 [2] 3