Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Like somebody, not QUITE sure it's socially acceptable  (Read 12150 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Like somebody, not QUITE sure it's socially acceptable
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 11:30:49 pm »

I wish I had a nickname like "The Legend".

Ye gods, yes.

Anyway, I'd say go for it.
Take the risk.
Even if she says no, you'll probably feel better.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:54 am »

While I still recommend going for it, that is a lie.

I have never felt better after a girl has rejected me. And considering that's all they've ever done to me, I can say I have experience.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 12:03:26 pm »

better than not asking and regretting it
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 04:54:57 pm »

While I still recommend going for it, that is a lie.

I have never felt better after a girl has rejected me. And considering that's all they've ever done to me, I can say I have experience.
I always feel better when they do. This is all anecdotal experience. Your Mileage May Vary.

also I like how 90% of these threads have people saying things like "you have to get close to her first" or "be reeeaaall subtle about it" which is ridiculous! If you get close, then you start worrying about "oh but our friendship I don't want to ruin our wonderful friendship" (neglecting the key point you got close to her to ask her out in the first place) or you get friendzoned by her (and then probably wonder why). and if you're subtle then either you become "that obtuse wierd guy who always asks vague questions and you THINK he's hitting on you but then again he normally acts goofy like that so whatever" or you become "that creepy kid who always talks to you and you make fun of him with your friends behind his back".
Really the best situation is gun for it. worst case scenario: she rejects you, you feel bad, you get over it, you find a new girl.
when you dont gun it: you develop this "crush" and she just keeps in your mind for ages and you want to ask her out but you don't know her well enough and soon enough: you're obsessed! (bad place to be, btw)

gunnnn foooorrr ittttt

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

I dont know. It seems like people already have a thing for, eh, showering you with attention, to put it, and by dating an 8th grader I'm sure it would only ratchet up the level of scrutiny you'll face.
When you say shes "leaving" you mean leaving town, like forever? Or leaving your bus route, or leaving junior high? Cuz if shes leaving forever, soon, it might not be worth the reputation you'd risk earning.
Ultimately just do what feels right to you, though. If you're having qualms, maybe you should listen to them. But if you still want to, might as well try. Make life more interesting, if nothing else.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 11:34:44 pm »

I dont know. It seems like people already have a thing for, eh, showering you with attention, to put it, and by dating an 8th grader I'm sure it would only ratchet up the level of scrutiny you'll face.

Yeah that too

honestly your best bet is to kick someone's ass
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:28 pm »

First day of high school you need to kill someone or you will become someone else's bitch.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »

First day of high school you need to kill someone or you will become someone else's bitch.

It's true. I trusted to my raw muscles and tattoos, but sure enough, things went badly. Also I was Edward Norton.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 11:48:30 pm »

Try having your name mistaken with Kirk for a whole year so that people make your nickname StarTrek. I eventually rolled with it and planned for a day to just yell "set phasers to pain" and beat the shit out of this air-bag loudmouth kid. So worth it to get it to stop.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 11:59:07 pm »

Try having your name mistaken with Kirk for a whole year so that people make your nickname StarTrek. I eventually rolled with it and planned for a day to just yell "set phasers to pain" and beat the shit out of this air-bag loudmouth kid. So worth it to get it to stop.

What the...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 12:01:54 am »

Yeah. I felt like a nerd but it was worth it. When I fucked up the kid that started it, everyone else stopped and it was way worth it. Have I mentioned it felt awesome and was worth it?

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 12:04:12 am »

Any decisions you make now, scholarship excepted, will have no measurable impact on your life. A girlfriend is among these decisions. Expellation sounds major now, but later in life, no one cares how you did in high school. So, date the girl -- in fact, sleep with the whole school! It will make no difference. Unless you wish to apply at Regent University, that is.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 12:14:18 am »

Any decisions you make now, scholarship excepted, will have no measurable impact on your life. A girlfriend is among these decisions. Expellation sounds major now, but later in life, no one cares how you did in high school. So, date the girl -- in fact, sleep with the whole school! It will make no difference. Unless you wish to apply at Regent University, that is.

I promise you right now, this is terrible advice. Do not under any circumstances sleep with the whole school. Aside from an obnoxious amount of phonecalls you'd receive, theres the weird thing about her being in 8th grade. Dont sleep with 8th graders.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 12:19:08 am »

So, date the girl -- in fact, sleep with the whole school! It will make no difference.

Herpes disagrees with you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 12:31:17 am »

I promise you right now, this is terrible advice. Do not under any circumstances sleep with the whole school. Aside from an obnoxious amount of phonecalls you'd receive, theres the weird thing about her being in 8th grade. Dont sleep with 8th graders.
If you're awesome enough to sleep with an entire school, phone calls should be a minor concern. Look at taking up an acting or sports career. ;D

I agree about the 8th-grader. I briefly dated an 8th-grader 1 year younger than me when I was in high school. It can't be described, the maturity difference between a middle school and high school student. Age is irrelevant -- it's the school influence. Being dragged to a middle school dance is like entertaining a rabid pack of Twilight fangirls. And her friends will not be your friends; you won't like her friends, and it won't be fun choosing between the two. Overall, dating a schoolmate is more enjoyable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11