Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Like somebody, not QUITE sure it's socially acceptable  (Read 12137 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Like somebody, not QUITE sure it's socially acceptable
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2010, 05:46:18 pm »

Nobody ever solved their problems with bullies by being babied.

what is this i don't even

Where did you get the idea I was being babied? Where did you get the idea I deal with him immaturely? You haven't even met this guy, and here you are trying to defend his actions.

You have nothing to add to this thread, which for all intents and purposes is finished, mind you. All you have done is come in here and make an asshole remark with little to no evidence supporting you, trying to instigate.
What he's saying there is that us being overly nice to you won't do jack shit to solve you problems with some asshole pushing you around.

What he was saying before is that you're showing a thin skin and a lack of maturity, which could be the root of your problems with this guy. That's not to say this guy's not an asshole, but then if you handle situations maturely assholes don't really end up much of a problem, certainly not to the degree you're implying it is.

He's saying this in a brief, hostile manner in the expectation that you will react immaturely (which you did), proving what he said true and forming an ironic meta-joke.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

So successful troll is successful. He's still a troll. I thought better of this site's denizens.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2010, 06:03:51 pm »

So successful troll is successful. He's still a troll. I thought better of this site's denizens.

This is the internet. We are all trolls.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »

This is the internet. We are all trolls.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2010, 04:02:56 am »

Your insistence that I am trying to troll you by telling you what your problem with 'King Ratbastard' is only grounds my statement further in truth.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2010, 02:12:09 pm »

Grakelin, you are astounding. You forgo my reasoning for acting like I do, and my explanation that I do not act immaturely towards him, and go straight for the closest thing to condemnation you can find. You seem purposefully ignorant of the posts which prove you wrong, and if you are not then you choose not to respond to them.

You do not know this person. You do not know what he has done. You do not know why he has earned the title of King Ratbastard. Do you know why Ivan the Terrible was called the Terrible? Because he was a cruel man who cared not for the peasants. Would you like to know why my example is King Ratbastard? Because he is just that. A soulless, uncaring person who has stated and demonstrated that his ultimate goal is to make my life worse in any way he can. I call him King Ratbastard because he is a rat bastard, to the point that no other man may hold himself higher than he.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »

I'm with Grakelin
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2010, 02:47:12 pm »

Also, contrary to popular belief, just because someone holds an opinion that bothers you, doesn't mean they're trolling.  I know it's easy to dismiss their opinion by saying "oh well he's just trolling," though.
Shoes...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2010, 03:27:15 pm »

Normally, Cthulhu, that would be true. But this guy has no idea what he's talking about. He has a very biased opinion, in the sense that he is forming an opinion with no information.

Are you familiar with the term Draco in Leather Pants? Because that is exactly what is going on here. Trying to find good qualities where there are none.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

Are you familiar with the term Draco in Leather Pants?

I'm pretty sure there are many Harry Potter Fanfics that deal heavily with this idea.

And CJ, don't take it too personally. He just thinks calling someone King Ratbastard is immature. Roll with it.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2010, 03:55:17 pm »

^: Also, calling someone King Ratbastard is immature.  Goes with the territory of being a punk kid though, so, y'know.  Not exactly the end of the world.

Well, even the random actions of a madman can be used to glean something if enough thought power is directed at it.

I imagine something similar can be done using a rubric of some sort to interpret the confrontational nature of the accusation.

Hell, sometimes a confrontational assertion of an analysis is the best way to get it noticed to be worked upon.

In this case.  *shrug*  I'd say the secondary commentators have a bit of a point and he made a butt of himself.  Much like this guy apparently gets you to make a butt of yourself and start violent altercations.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13:41 pm »

Normally, Cthulhu, that would be true. But this guy has no idea what he's talking about. He has a very biased opinion, in the sense that he is forming an opinion with no information.

Are you familiar with the term Draco in Leather Pants? Because that is exactly what is going on here. Trying to find good qualities where there are none.
Take a step back and look at how you're reacting to him saying you're showing a lack of maturity.

See how you're reacting "immaturely" to the suggestion that the reason this guy's fucking with you is because you react in the wrong way (immaturely), thus rewarding his actions? If you react like that to the curt suggestion that you need a thicker skin and some restraint, I can only imagine how you'd react to someone who's actually trying to troll you, to your face no less.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2010, 08:04:15 pm »

I appreciate the idea, Pseudonymous. However, there's a few things wrong with this guy's "advice" even if he is not trolling.

1. The Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. How I act here is not necessarily how I act on the outside.

2. Actually, yeah, GIFT. The guy has very little proof, if any, that I act like this in real life.

And for that matter, the reason I believe he is trolling is as follows: He came into a thread, saw that the subject matter was done with, and decided to spark a debate over a relatively minor part of my life that ultimately was dealt with in its own way, and had no major impact on the outcome of this little tale. I had every intention to let this thread die. He did not, apparently.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:48 pm »

That's not at all what's going on here
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »

Might be a good idea to thread-lock round about now, doodabuddy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11