Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing Herbs?  (Read 852 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Healing Herbs?
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:10:06 am »

I was wondering, is it possible to make plants that heal/relieve pain or something? Even poisons would be good, as long as it worked...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Healing Herbs?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:37:56 am »

The best you'll get at the moment is a plant syndrome that -causes- pain.  I think Toady plans to expand the diease/poison system eventually though.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:48:00 am »

Oh well. At least I have bacon.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:51 pm »

According to the wiki, numbness is a symptom. If this information is correct, you could make an herb into a contact poison that causes numbness on the affected tissue. You could also make a stone with a low boiling point into a numbing poison, and create a "gas puffer" workshop to send out bursts of anaesthetic vapors. Place a few in your hospital to ease your patient's pain.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15:14 pm »

Nice idea, Tfaal!

YOU DOUBLE PENIS

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:37:41 pm »

According to the wiki, numbness is a symptom. If this information is correct, you could make an herb into a contact poison that causes numbness on the affected tissue. You could also make a stone with a low boiling point into a numbing poison, and create a "gas puffer" workshop to send out bursts of anaesthetic vapors. Place a few in your hospital to ease your patient's pain.
see this thread as they're doing deep research on everything toxic/disease related
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53034.0