Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ediable and Non-Ediable Mushrooms that grow around your  (Read 819 times)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ediable and Non-Ediable Mushrooms that grow around your
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 06:34:00 am »

Actually, I can't see why eventually you shouldn't be able to transplant tree saplings to create scenic courtyards

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

More mushrooms?  Cool.

Not being able to farm them?  Unrealistic.

Random magic stat boosts?  Silly.

This isn't D&D.  Magic can be implemented in such a way as not to be blatant or ruin suspension of disbelief.  At present, thank Id, doing so seems to be in line with Toady's goals.  Apart from that, this seems like it would introduce less fun than it would frustration when the Nobles and glassmakers ate all the mushrooms.

Mushrooms that are very difficult to farm and can be used to make some interesting alchemical things?  Or rare poison mushrooms for Adventure mode?  That I could perhaps get behind.

[ March 08, 2008: Message edited by: McDoomhammer ]

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by LordNagash:
<STRONG>Actually, I can't see why eventually you shouldn't be able to transplant tree saplings to create scenic courtyards</STRONG>
What I meant is you can't currently farm tree-type plants.
Being able to would make sense, but might take a full year for a square to produce 1 tree(or towercap).
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.
Pages: 1 [2]