Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Soap not being put into hospital and doctor not finishing surgery  (Read 5417 times)

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have 5 bars of dog soap sitting in my soap maker's, but no one is hauling it to the hospital. The hospital is very well equipped otherwise, except for powder. It has several bags/chests that are empty.

On top of this, there's an injured patient. She requests Surgery, and has suture and dressing requests. It's a compound fracture and there's broken tissue.

Wounds: Second finger, right hand:
Nail: Compound fracture, smashed apart
Skin: Compound fracture, cut apart

Treatment:
Needs surgery (red)
Needs sutures (green)
Needs dressing (gray)

History:
Evaluated
Cleaned

When the unskilled doctor approaches the patient, he stands next to the patient for a while until he needs to eat, drink, or sleep while the patient rests.

I fear his lack of ability may be the cause, or lack of soap in the hospital.

I have NO idea why the soap isn't being put in the hospital, or even leaving the soap maker's. I've got a bar/block pile...

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the RAWs soap is produced as a 'glob' instead of a bar, so it can't go in the bar stockpile, I'm just about to try a new game with the soap reaction set to produce bars and see what happens.

I still have no idea why my plaster powder won't be taken to the hosplital zone though.

Fox the Undead

• Bay Watcher
  • Frozen Dwarf Gas
    • View Profile

Plaster powder is stored in bags. Dwarves cannot take powder itself to hospital - they see only bags.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Changing the Soap making reaction to output bars allows soap to be stockpiled and taken to the Hospital.

;D

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay - How do I fix it, then?

Fox the Undead

• Bay Watcher
  • Frozen Dwarf Gas
    • View Profile

Okay - How do I fix it, then?
Open reaction_other.txt in your save raws and/or default raws folder and change
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:SOAP_MAT]to
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:SOAP_MAT]

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the exactly same situation as the OP except that my doctor is "competent" at everything. I'll try to modify local raws for both soap and plaster "powder" to bars and see if anything changes. So far the doctor seems to not getting any better at surgery skill after about a year which could indicate that he isn't really attempting surgery.

Edit "gypsum plaster bars" are not taken into the hospital and stockpiles with either bags of normal gypsum plaster or gypsum plaster bars are not working with the Hospital interface. Soap bars are indeed working flawlessly.

Not getting surgery completed on the patient's compound fractures in nail and skin of a finger may have something to do with the personal trait "very slow to heal" (low "recuperation" attribute).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:08:23 am by Another »

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She does not have that personality trait.

"She is agile and strong."

"She has a natural ability with music, a sharp intellect and the ability to focus, but she has iffy memory, meager creativity, very bad intuition and a large deficit of willpower."

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten this surgery issue before; but it only seems to occur at lower skill levels. At Skilled or above, the doctor will finish the surgery normally. I read, also, that bone setting or another healthcare skill has the same issue.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The discussion on the bugtracker seems to gravitate towards "the original wound had healed on its own before the end of the surgery" explanation.

A proper test would be to have one novice surgeon and one high master operate over at least 10 dwarves each. 2 z-levels dropping platform and a bunch of immigrants should be enough.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have the doctor problem. They go over the patient to suture/dress with thread/cloth in hand, stand there a while with the "suture" job and then leave, resulting in an unfinished job, only to do the same over and over again.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile

My doc isn`t patching up the patient, too. Just stays there.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile

Had a dwarf who needed surgery get thrown out of the hospital bed repeatedly by sleepy miners, cancelling both the rest and the surgery. I think operations are taking too long to complete. Also, the dwarf died of dehydration even though there were dozens of buckets, some even assigned to the hospital. Dunno about that, could be related.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still getting the "fake suturing" problem in 31.02.  The patient isn't in any danger of dying, but every workaround I try doesn't work.

Maybe I'll try dropping a cave-in on somebody and see if getting another patient resets things.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com

I'm still getting the "fake suturing" problem in 31.02.  The patient isn't in any danger of dying, but every workaround I try doesn't work.

Maybe I'll try dropping a cave-in on somebody and see if getting another patient resets things.

It wont.  There's no real workarounds to get it to work...you can clear the doctor standing there doing nothing by removing the patient's bed, dezoning the hospital or similar things, but you can't make them actually do the surgery.
Pages: [1] 2