Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228145 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok then, well then I for one third the notion of some type of .11 Dwarf Therapist compatibility. :)

The one packaged with the lazy newb pack seems to work

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The DFhack crew posted 34.11 offsets within days of 34.11 coming out. Here's an ini file for compatibility:

Put this file into your therapist/etc/memory_layouts/windows folder.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The DFhack crew posted 34.11 offsets within days of 34.11 coming out.

I'm already using DT .11

But on the previous page at the bottom you'll see a guy saying "does regular DT work with this?"

And at the top of this page "yeah really missing DT"

And that led me to believe that some of the extra jobs (like added workshop stuff) had not been integrated from this to DT.

If what you linked is compatibility for Genesis, then I misunderstood you. Regardless, thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that the only thing that Genesis DT has changed was making every caste that isn't male stone dorf not appear as female...

(man that sentence is confusing to read)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that the only thing that Genesis DT has changed was making every caste that isn't male stone dorf not appear as female...

(man that sentence is confusing to read)

Saddly this is still there.  Usually the tweaks Meph makes to DT for his Masterwork mod fixes that when reading Genesis as well, but who knows when we'll see Masterwork update to .11.  Might be able to get him to fork over the info on how to get DT to bypass this problem with castes though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I would like that quite a lot as well--almost all of my mods are pretty caste-centered.

wazupwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can anyone tell me how to stop like when your on the big map. the key it shows isnt a key and it wont let me change it

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

>, or shift+period. That's a tileset issue, I think.

wazupwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks man big help

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile

Starting to play tomitapio's 'old version' of this mod untill the new one is updated, so far so good, but a couple questions..

Is there a text file or guide that goes over the added material in a bit more depth , specificly the stone layers?
A list of them, what metals/gems they contain, the temperature resistances of the metals, etc
Or a file that had information on the mod in general would be great, im curious about it all.

A second question would be: I started off a game at the year 125, and noticed i couldnt choose from a whole bunch of starting animals, plants, etc. (no raptors! or even bears)
What would the reasoning for that be?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:22:16 am by chronicpayne »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting to play tomitapio's 'old version' of this mod untill the new one is updated, so far so good, but a couple questions..

Is there a text file or guide that goes over the added material in a bit more depth , specificly the stone layers?
A list of them, what metals/gems they contain, etc.
Or a file that had information on the mod in general would be great, im curious about it all.

A second question would be: I started off a game at the year 125, and noticed i couldnt choose from a whole bunch of starting animals, plants, etc. (no raptors! or even bears)
What would the reasoning for that be?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Animals that are [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] but not [COMMON_DOMESTIC] are domesticated by civilizations during worldgen. Legends entries, and often engravings commemorate such occasions. Plants also have to be accessed during worldgen.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Genned a world with Tomitapio's version, ((Kudos to you good Sir)) where the nords had an over abundance of the particullarly heavy meteoric metal it seems. Fashioning what I can only assume is some sort of green star metal into all manner of absurdly heavy weapons, armor and house hold items.

Currently playing as a (thankfully) Very large Nord decked out in full Meteoric armor and weilding a Meteoric Thunder Hammer. Haven't quite gotten my strength and armor user up (or become some sort of fearsome undead werewolf) but suffice to say combined with the new addition of skidding I feel like a monster.

Also, three part brain.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Nexaduro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to work out the crafting system, and it seems like some butchering materials are useless. I find myself unable to make use of scales or skulls, which seem like they would lend themselves to armor crafting, and it seems like bowstrings cannot be made of gut.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to work out the crafting system, and it seems like some butchering materials are useless. I find myself unable to make use of scales or skulls, which seem like they would lend themselves to armor crafting, and it seems like bowstrings cannot be made of gut.

This mod gets its crafting from another mod (i'm forgetting the name!) and many flags are unavailable for making stuffs. But you can make armor from dragon hides and spears from dragon bones (a pile of bones will still only make 1 spear) so many of the strange uselessness issues are forgivable.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanderer's Friend I beleive, I did at one time run Genesis with that very mod installed and it's spiritual successor, blacksmith's Friend. Not sure if adding that second one would still work under Tomitapio's version, but it might and allows for much more crafting. Not to mention blacksmithing, armor clad minotaur anyone?
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 642