Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228381 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's probably an old issue, easily fixable (when the hammerer came with later nobles).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, minor fix but makes things look better: large pots are [TILE:238], not [TILE:232] (that makes them look like some table/bed thingy)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I've ran into a bug with DT.  No matter which version I use (both the standard version of DT from their post and the one from the Apocolypse mod) it reads nearly all of my Dwarves as female, while going in game and reading thoughts and prefs clearly not all of them are.  Even married couples seem to pop up as both female in DT while using the Genesis mod.

I'm using TomiTapio's phoebus updated version.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are there any plans on adding new castes for races other than dwarves? it seems fairly unusual to have dwarves with tons of clans, yet only one type of human living in each region, etc.

also,
>page 616
>616

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

are there any plans on adding new castes for races other than dwarves? it seems fairly unusual to have dwarves with tons of clans, yet only one type of human living in each region, etc.
Dwarves are magic, as seen in their digging speed. Also you play as dwarves so you probably don't care if the humans have a caste that is really good at fishing. Or at architecture.

Regarding the Therapist issue: DT is meant for vanilla DF, so detecting of playable-civ castes is not a high priority for the coder(s). There might be a tweaked version of DT somewhere that does the job better. But I don't know where.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So any chances of updating the adventurer races to have interactions?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves are magic, as seen in their digging speed. Also you play as dwarves so you probably don't care if the humans have a caste that is really good at fishing. Or at architecture.

On the other hand, wizard castes would make sense, as the snakemen and the illithids already have those.

Also, is there anything in this mod that could cause my dwarves to not properly equip new clothing (specifically, shoes), even if there is more than enough of it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding the Therapist issue: DT is meant for vanilla DF, so detecting of playable-civ castes is not a high priority for the coder(s). There might be a tweaked version of DT somewhere that does the job better. But I don't know where.

Thank you for responding,  just thought it odd that the castes would affect how DT reads gender, since that's a vanilla feature.

Jackledead

• Bay Watcher
  • [BONECARN]
    • View Profile

2nd ambush, Fort year 2, recovering from last one. Beastmen come in with 13 monitor lizards, 3 giant eagle, and tons of giant mounts. well over 10 beastmen continue to rape my fort. Anyone else think they're a little OP?
Battle Axes.
Make you feel like a Lumberjack!

More like a Limberjack
-bitesh

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd ambush, Fort year 2, recovering from last one. Beastmen come in with 13 monitor lizards, 3 giant eagle, and tons of giant mounts. well over 10 beastmen continue to rape my fort. Anyone else think they're a little OP?

They aren't cageimmune, are they?  :P

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

I always nerf them a bit and even then I let traps do most of the work. The problem I have is that they're too good at wrestling even if you have a fully equipped professional military you still take heavy casualties.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, do you have plans with curses and interactions? Personally, I'd very much like some more balanced and fun werecreatures, vampires, more kinds of sorcerous (or even monk-style) secrets, etc. Kinda like how back in the previous version, this mod had custom HFS critters that spawned even with 0 demon type worldgen, and those awesome night creatures too. Cursed Blacksmith FTW  ;D

Also, now that invading salamanders are spamming fireballs through the whole map, maybe it won't be OP to make the Obsidian caste [FIREIMMUNE]...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:27:06 pm by Tirion »

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this mod use the most current Dwarf Fortress release? I noticed I can't do multiple z-levels when digging stairs and I was told only Dwarf Fortress 34.01 thru 34.07 has that feature. I noticed when I load your mod the Dwarf fortress version is 31.25.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This mod was always for DF 3d. If you come from Mayday, you can be confused with "vanilla" z-level changing, because Mike Mayday has changed keybindings for z-level moving.

Only the 0.2* versions of DF were 2d, all 0.3* versions are 3d :). You were told wrong.

Tirion: I am busy with exams now (and I was patching my Post-Apocalypse mod for people but mostly for Plumphelmetpunk's let's play :P), but once I get rid of my exams, I will focus on Genesis more. Right now I have only mundane creatures and a bit of a work on dwarves, but I definitely have big plans for the interactions. At first, I will definitely port the disease system from Post-Apocalypse mod. I won't make the diseases THAT deadly, but they will also be more fantasy-ish, with magical effects :).

10-men squad in good armor and trained for a year kills them easily in a room with some walls. Add a ranged squad on higher ground, and you will be fine.

Note that there are weapon traps and cage traps. In vanilla they are OP. Here they work nicely, and they should be placed :).

also,
>page 616
>616
The new desert race (replacing ezrakim elves) will have different elementalists, so yeah, they will have castes. I haven't thought about other races, but they will probably have them too. Also there already were goblins and barghests in Genesis for a long time as different castes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:06:18 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, sorry, so this is using the most current DF version correct? I did not use Mayday, I actually only played DF with this mod. So how do I designate multiple z-levels when setting stairs then?

This mod was always for DF 3d. If you come from Mayday, you can be confused with "vanilla" z-level changing, because Mike Mayday has changed keybindings for z-level moving.

Only the 0.2* versions of DF were 2d, all 0.3* versions are 3d :). You were told wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 642