Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228872 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Ok, so the modloader is being rather uncooperative. The only thing it disables are the races I dont want to deal with.

I turn off aquifers, I still get aquifers.
I turn off grazers, I still have the damn grazing animals needing to be kept outside.
Did I fuck something up or what? and to clarify, I did gen a new world when I turned them off.
Still have them. Not enjoying all that iron ore I found being encased in an unmineable aquifer or my textile industry getting shot because they need grass; to hell with plant cloth, booze is more important! And spider silk reduces my fortress survival rate enough as it is, what with good ol' dwarven stupid going after the farthest silk clumps and into GCS ambushes.

DO I need to select ALL the graphics options and turn them off for each or what?

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did see it. I still have some stuff to worry about now (I will celebrate my birthday tomorrow because everyone is at work during the week) so I'm spending my time preparing the feast :).

Excellent :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Splint: regarding aquifiers, I forgot to change ALL files with aquifier soils in it, it will be fixed.
Regarding grazers: which creatures still graze? I thought I've checked all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Splint: regarding aquifiers, I forgot to change ALL files with aquifier soils in it, it will be fixed.
Regarding grazers: which creatures still graze? I thought I've checked all.

I had to reinstall the mod twice before it kicked in. Might've just been glitch during download. It's happened to me before with this stuff. A few alpaca dropped dead from starvation when I stuffed the lot into my nice safe undergound out of shooting possibility coves in the ground. But don't worry about it. Was just the result of my meddling, I accidently enabled them when I meant to bracket something else. I'd rather not discuss what it was.

Sorry bout that. When I turn off aquifers and find aquifers around really good sites it got to me a bit. Thanks for filling me in on that.

FALSE ALARM PEOPLE, Idiot-end-user mishandling was the culprit. Sorry.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Because Mithril was always a dwarven alloy, and not a natural alloy.

Posting not to quibble but just in case anyone else is interested.  I do like the implementation in Genesis.

Mithril is indexed in LoTR, so I find a few references.  Unfortunately Gandalf is more of a sociologist than a metallurgist so his exposition is not 100% conclusive either way. 

fellowship 377-378

A pure metal:

"For here alone in the world was found Moria-silver, or true-silver as some have called it: mithril is the elvish name.  The Dwarves have a name which they do not tell. ... The lodes lead away north toward Caradhras, and down to darkness."

Worked & alloyed mithril:

"It could be beaten like copper, and polished like glass; and the Dwarves could make of it a metal lighter and yet harder than tempered steel."

"The elves dearly loved it, and among many uses they made of it ithildin, 'starmoon', which you saw upon the doors."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I have to give you that, the LotR description does sound quite like native aluminum with some hype.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, why dont you toss soundsense - the sound pack into genesis?

its not a significantly larger download so i dont see why not.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bombzero, your signature is too long. It's really aggravating reading all that relatively sound advice.

I would also support a soundsense addition. Perhaps even a special made soundtrack just for genesis. Those who don't like soundsense could just... not run it?
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Holy f what. I was going to go to work. Well, I have to, but WHY NOW!

Also yeeeeeaahahhahah!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

Holy f what. I was going to go to work. Well, I have to, but WHY NOW!

Also yeeeeeaahahhahah!

Oh my, I was sleeping! If only I knew, I would've jumped out of bed! Now get modding, Deon! :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Happy Valentine's Day DF Genesis. The new (Vanilla!) Version is out!

((Really looking forward to the evil now. >:D ))

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh god oh god oh god I DONT HAVE ANY TIME DAMN YOU!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I won't update Genesis for a while mostly because I have a lot of plans with the new interactions. Right now I am working on the Witcher mod, and I will focus more on adding of new features to the game rather than quantity. You can make so many stuff now: mists which make all creatures sleepy, rain which turns rabbits into monsters etc :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea i'm literally booked up till summer or whenever school gets destroyed.

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I won't update Genesis for a while mostly because I have a lot of plans with the new interactions. Right now I am working on the Witcher mod, and I will focus more on adding of new features to the game rather than quantity. You can make so many stuff now: mists which make all creatures sleepy, rain which turns rabbits into monsters etc :).

Is there any way you could port over the body anatomy (not sure what it's called in the raws) at least? And maybe some of the adventure mode crafting reactions?
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 642