Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228999 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, Goetite is 50% and Pentlandite is 40%.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, a while back I brought up the fact that it's currently impossible to make mithril thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.msg2648114#msg2648114

And you said you were planning a Dwarven Weaver workshop that would create metal thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.msg2653175#msg2653175

I'm wondering is this still in the works? Or has it been implemented already and I'm just being blind?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You are a genius (and deon for the idea in the first place) The idea is noted, stolen, and made real:

[REACTION:METALNAMEHERE_STRANDS]
[NAME:extract metalnamehere strands]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:METALNAMEHERE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:METALNAMEHERE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
[SKILL:EXTRACT_STRAND]

This is all, works for every metal. Just add a fitting metal name, into the METALNAMEHERE. :) Tested, works.

Edit: I found one flaw with this idea. The forge has no submenu in metal clothing to select a material, as for everything else. No, it lists all possible clothing types and metals in one screen, resulting in one, massive list to scroll through. No way to avoid this, so I would advice to limit the amount of aviable clothing types and metals.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:41:51 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the reaction using less than 100% ores: it's intended behaviour in vanilla, in the creation of billon and electrum from ore: even the wiki notes they "Can be made with Tetrahedrite or Galena instead of Silver for a high value reaction".

Also in Genesis, 4 tetrahedrite and 1 cassiterite made 5 bronze bars and IIRC tetrahedrite isn't a 100% copper ore in this mod.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:26:42 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Doves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

A rattlesnake was attacking my lumberjacks. I sent a crossbowman and a digger axeman after it.
Since it's just a rattlesnake, I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem.
3 minutes later, I go to check up on them and see a pond of blood and two piles of bones. The rattlesnake was skittering away, as if he was cackling evilly at my failure to dispatch of a measly little critter.

Much fun was had that day.

I haven't seen any cavern plants yet. Do they have a chance to spawn, or do they spread in a manner similar to trees?
Unless of course the plants are farmed and don't exist as spawned entities..

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

They spawn as long as the ground is muddy.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page

Nah, he just had some duplicate error due to a wrong setup.

So, when is the next version coming? I'm quite eager to test my new computer with it... :)
Probably tomorrow, today I am A BIT busy :).

With my growing anticipation to  the new DF update coming up... I was suddenly grasped with gut wrenching fear...

IS DEON STILL ALIVE AND WELL!? DOES THE GENESIS MOD STILL LIVE?

Fiou... apparently so!

DEON I LOVE YOU! (ASSOCIATES INCLUDED)
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile

Dwarfs no longer become legendary after creation of an artifact. Why is it so?
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it a domple dwarf that created it? The massive experience penalty they get applies to artifact creation experience as well.

theguruofreason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... my dwarves are all bleeding to death in battle after a very, very, very short time. It seems like they get scratched once and within 2-3 attacks they've bled out. This happens even when non-significant body parts are attacked. I had a dwarf get his arm cut open and died of bleeding before he could attack. Even if he got his arm ripped completely off this seems unlikely, or at least not fun. I feel like raising a military is completely pointless in this mod because either enemies are so over-powered or dwarves are super under-powered since they apparently gush blood like this is Samurai Showdown and drop dead within seconds of being scratched. Am I doing something wrong? My full steel dwarves can't even go up against hostile beasts half the time.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarfs no longer become legendary after creation of an artifact. Why is it so?

Also depends on the type of mood.  You don't always get experience.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a glitch with your mod or something, I embarked with a profile, and it seems to have thrown an extra 354 points at me and everything is there.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Happy birthday, Deon!

Darkeh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My blast furnace and magma crucibles have randomly stopped working.  :-\

I have over 100 iron bars (not coarse iron) and over 200 coke and flux. They aren't inaccessible, no burrows active, etc. I don't know what's wrong. The finishing forges are still working and so are the vanilla forges/smelters.

Edit: Hmm looks like I can use the crucibles to make red steel if I make the steel using pig iron at the finishing forges, so it seems like they can't see that I have flux stone.

Edit: Well problem solved by making a flux stockpile nearby, maybe a distance issue? Whatever it's working again now. :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:55:15 am by Darkeh »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This stuff happens Darkeh, even in vanilla sometimes. Using job manager never has this issue, so it's safer to assign tasks through it.

Hey Deon smallest most unnoticeable bug ever, your mod loader application says 'masterwork dwarf fortress' if you hover the mouse over the taskbar item.
It's a leftover from Meph's changes to the Lazy Newb Pack code, I just didn't specifically track everything he renamed. I will fix it with time :). Thank you.

More testing, more issues.

You blast furnace has this reaction:

[REACTION:STEEL_MAKING_BATCH]
[NAME:batch of steel bars from ore]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:A:6:METAL_ORE:PURE_IRON]
[REAGENT:B:3:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

It takes 6 ores of pure_iron. But it does not matter how much pure_iron is in the ore. It might take 6 hematite, and uses the same amount as 6 iron bars, or it might take 6 tetrahide, and use as much as 3 iron bars.

Point is: It does not matter how much pure_iron is in the ore, even 1% would be ok. In the end you always get 6 steel bars out of it, even if you should get a lot less.
I know, I just didn't think it through yet. I will probably just make separate reaction for each type of mineral.

A rattlesnake was attacking my lumberjacks. I sent a crossbowman and a digger axeman after it.
Since it's just a rattlesnake, I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem.
3 minutes later, I go to check up on them and see a pond of blood and two piles of bones. The rattlesnake was skittering away, as if he was cackling evilly at my failure to dispatch of a measly little critter.

Much fun was had that day.

I haven't seen any cavern plants yet. Do they have a chance to spawn, or do they spread in a manner similar to trees?
Unless of course the plants are farmed and don't exist as spawned entities..
Which castes they were and how much of combat skills did they have? The snakes dodge really well.

So... my dwarves are all bleeding to death in battle after a very, very, very short time. It seems like they get scratched once and within 2-3 attacks they've bled out. This happens even when non-significant body parts are attacked. I had a dwarf get his arm cut open and died of bleeding before he could attack. Even if he got his arm ripped completely off this seems unlikely, or at least not fun. I feel like raising a military is completely pointless in this mod because either enemies are so over-powered or dwarves are super under-powered since they apparently gush blood like this is Samurai Showdown and drop dead within seconds of being scratched. Am I doing something wrong? My full steel dwarves can't even go up against hostile beasts half the time.
Again, which castes and how much toughness and willpower do they have? I haven't played it too much, but I've watched really long Let's Plays by Revocane, and his dwarves fight just fine as long as they train in drills for a while to raise their stats.

To everyone: there's a delay, sorry for that. Mostly because of work and because of my birthday yesterday.

Happy birthday, Deon!
Thank you, man! :3
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 642