Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229485 times)

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems that I have no quarry bushes. What gives?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On embark? that would mean your civ doesn't have access to them for whatever reason I would assume...likely a climate issue with your civs location?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Quarry bushes are now plants in the 3rd cavern layer (where everything has a crystal/stone theme), thus they are not avaliable normally unless you dig down and harvest them. Do you really miss them? You have other options for plants with leaves.

I will find the announcement for dump/warm stone and I will make an option for that.
Turning truetype ON is NOT ADVISED, you will experience crashes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm revisting my bottom of the lake fortress and i was wondering--if i opened an aquifer would it fill up the entire pit i would dig around my inner fortress or would i need pumps to raise the water level?

Surface =
Water ~
Aquifer *
               ____
=~~~~~~l     l ~~~~~~=
 l            l        l             l
 l         __l        l__         l
 l        l                l         l*
 l_____l                l____ _l

Left to it's own devices, that pit will only fill to the level of the aquifer. You'll need to use pumps to boost the water to surface level.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to fix the very first link in the OP.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile

I've been taking a break from dwarf fortress due to all the other games I can play with my new hardware... But as soon as I come back I see a new genesis version with a MODLOADER! This is the dwarfiest day ever! Thanks Deon! :D
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

XxPhogxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey I am really interested in playing this mod, but I have only one problem.. I use a Mac for all my Dwarf Fortress-ing. So, I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips or guides on how to get this to play on a Mac. I tried copying the raws, but that seems to just confuse everything. (The only nations on the embark screen were Walrus's and Carp) Thanks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You should not COPY, you should REPLACE the folders which the mod changes (raws, data, speech, art).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do dwarves always fail in worldgen? I mean they NEVER survive aslong as the other races. They never rise above and become supreme overlords. ;D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because they only live in mountains.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

You should not COPY, you should REPLACE the folders which the mod changes (raws, data, speech, art).

wait...you mean that downloading and playing only with the genesis mod on a directory. (erasing past df versions) actually is not the correct way?
because i was about to ask if it's normal not to have sieges for over 7 years.
...and i'm quite actually in a savage plain neighbor of angry enemy civs.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they only live in mountains.

Well, make dwarves more smexy then. So they can CONTROL ZE WORLD

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, may I ask which of the Mechanixm (spelling my vary :D ) buildings and reactions are included in your latest release? I usually put it together on my own, and it's never quite perfect that way :( Unraveler is a real good thing to have, and the Block Factory also makes life considerably easier. And the Crematorium... now that's essential for Project: 'get rid of all those centaur corpses and body parts' :D

Also, why not add liaisons
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to all potential trade partner races?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:15:53 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I will add unraveler, block factory and some other workshops for the next release. Also I will add specific milling (flour/dye etc) to the quern, and a few new alloys. The release should be out in a day or two (this weekend).

The crematorium is my workshop :P.

I plan to add TRADE responsibility to diplomats of each race, thanks for reminding me (I would probably forget about it otherwise :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

mmm i realized a funny thing:
you take vanilla.
you copy paste genesis in order to overwrite.
you get two things:
uber powerful lampreys, sharks, and literally "fishes of doom".
AND you play as Keepers.
i kind of wondered why i didn't keep it.
would have loved to say a legendary lamprey.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 642