Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229592 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah! She's probably got an epic kill li-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*rubs eyes*

Am I reading this right? SIX KILLS?

Wow.

Anywho, she met her death in the early winter of the year 500 (worldgen ended on year 550) in The Gory Assault, as part of The War of Disemboweling, which had started in the year 64 and never ended. The war involved The Notched Silver, a dwarven civ, and The Gloved Beak, a beastman civ. Over the course of the war, 178 unnotable battles had been fought and 188 pillagings (The Notched Silver having done 186 of them) committed. There were 21 notable battles. Over the course of the war, The Notched Silver killed 384 enemies, while The Gloved Beak killed a whopping 2936 enemies.

Legends is so much fun.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:46:12 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Six Historical figure kills.

The rest don't show up in the XML, so they won't show up in Legends Viewer. Look at legends in game for the full kill list.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Much better. :D

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well then... wow...

worldgen is a little.... odd from a military perspective.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

After seeing lots of mass murder in other people's raws, I wanted to search for my own mass murderers. Look what I found.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:22:50 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good god!

...I'm going to pluck him from your game when the time comes and make him my mercenary! :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

normally, i get annoyed by large images not in spoilers. but that one deserves to be shown...

any guess as to what % of total world gen kills that thing got?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

normally, i get annoyed by large images not in spoilers. but that one deserves to be shown...

any guess as to what % of total world gen kills that thing got?
I'm not too sure.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Is that a titan or an FB? It killed demons (not the FUN kind).

Description please  :D

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

All I know is it's a titan. I can't remember much else because I have lost the file. It's somewhere in the deep of hidden files.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

well then... wow...

worldgen is a little.... odd from a military perspective.

Battles are a series of 1v1 fights in worldgen, so that kind of stuff tends to happen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I plan to rework metals and alchemy a bit.

Regarding metals, a bronze-grade metal from copper and bismuth sounds fun. Bismuth was confused with tin in ancient time, so a fantasy alloy seems legit.

Also galvorn, steel made from the new meteoric iron (and stronger).

Regarding alchemy, I thought about a more complex system...

Vermin remains could be transformed into ammonia and soap could be used to make bleach (or used directly). The mix would produce aqua regis which could be used for metal reactions.

Also carmot as a philosopher's stone type reagent for more complex reactions which would require dwarven research system which I plan to create when the first version is out.

Do you think that the alchemy would be too complex with such reactions and additions, or interesting?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Agua Regis as in: Refine gold ore to bars without the need for fuel ?

Adding real chemistry and a mashup of medieval alchemy does sound nice, but I think more people can live with: Transmute something, philosophers stone and elixier of life, then with different acids and solutions. If you write a manual for it, than I guess it will be fine.

Currently you have an outdated manual, the wiki and the webpage, listing different things...

A problem I encountered when thinking about a tech tree is that you only have workhops and furnaces. Adding new buildings categories would help a lot. 
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

As you know we cannot add new building categories, so yeah...

The site is up to date. So everything is golden.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I have a fort with 3.26, and I noticed two strange things: after years of sieges and ambushes, I had a decade of absolutely no surface enemies! After a death squad of scavangers managed to sneak in through my demon-squishing drawbridge trap tunnels and killed a dozen civilians, the population fell below 80. I checked the settings, invaders aren't turned off- I get FBs all right. With a food industry in serious overdrive, created wealth isn't a problem either... and I have some invading subterrean people (I tinkered with the cavern animalmen raws) on the map too. So, any idea when they'll come back, if ever?

Second question, I run a halberd-equipped military, and some of my Shield and Steel clan dwarf professional soldiers use them as Multigrasp... but my 50-odd civilians also took those when given Individual Choice- Melee (meteoric halberds are insanely expensive) and they have them single-handed, with a shield equipped in the other hand... how is that?

Also, question to veteran Genesis players: have you ever seen any ratmen or dark dwarves showing up?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 642