Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229783 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you, any errors you find help me a lot :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The aquifer option has no effect in the modloader.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just tested and it works. Are you sure you generate a new world? I don't think it can alter existing aquifiers.

It should probably go into "components" for easier understanding what requires a new world and what does not.

P.S. I've found a way to make tileset changes not to reset components so you should be safe there, goes right into next version.

I should probably work on making settings templates for each world to avoid any problems with world updating with worlds which were made with different settings.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:02:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Just tested and it works. Are you sure you generate a new world? I don't think it can alter existing aquifiers.

It should probably go into "components" for easier understanding what requires a new world and what does not.
It's only changing vanilla stones, Genesis stones still hold aquifers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I can second that. You have to the new inorganic txts to the search function.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see, thanks, easy to fix :).

I'm working on a function which reads current settings from a region file, then replaces RAWs with appropriate graphic raws and then loads settings into the region file. It is halfway done unless I jinx something.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

your version of DT does not have castes displayed in the dwarfs tool tip. its slightly annoying to have to repetitivly cross reference migrant waves with caste filter to assign new workers.

just pointing it out as it is taking forever to set up labors every migrant wave.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Which version has tooltip as a caste? I will use it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If i were to take the latest version of DT, and install the caste patch to it, it correctly identifies male and female and then when i hover the mouse over a dwarfs name it will say.

Caste:
Happiness:
Profession:

with your version it correctly identifies male and female but each dwarf's tooltip goes.

Happiness:
Profession:

without the Caste: under the tooltip its a bit of a pain in the ass to organize my dwarfs. maybe you can figure out what the difference is.

P.S. by caste patch, i mean the one linked in your OP.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yet another question (sry): How did you write that patch ?

Just downloaded your modloader v.4, will have a look if I can find anything that needs fixing.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Found two errors:

If you go to: Run/open folder/graphics folder, it tries to open a folder that is not there. Just go up one directory, and you should be good.

The box in utilities that you use to tell people How to use dfhack, stone and soundsense is a textbox. Works like a texteditor, everyone can write in it... I assume you wanted just text, not a textbox ? Some goes for the "Graphical Tileset" textbox, and the "Tileset changes reset components. Careful." textbox

Edit: The economy button is quite useless for this, and I suppose the next version as well. Might as well remove it. And as mentioned, the aquifer button should be somewhere else.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:12:15 pm by Meph »

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any sort of readme type thing more recent than the wiki?  Thanks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The site in the OP.

Meph, thanks for the feedback. Once I write a proper working savegame updater (which does not break worlds if you use wrong components) I will give you the source code.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks again, and no problem ;)

I thought there would be problems, since you might update a savegame that use one ON setting with another tileset, while having the same setting OFF. I guess that would lead to random crashes, when DF tries to create somthing that is not there anymore.

I am curious how you want to do the world gen settings though ;)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Worldgen settings are easy to read from wordlgen.txt

The situation you've described (toggling component and updating a savegame) won't lead to a crash, it will lead to a savegame with an error (it won't load until you fix the RAWs). That's why I suggest not to use savagame updated if you change components back and forth (or you can save them before generating a new world and load before updating) and work with one world to avoid confusion. The patch is on the way.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 642