Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229935 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Re-uploaded 3.27b with proper anthracite :P.

I will release a version with configuration .exe file soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really think meteorite needs some nerfing. It's equivalent to steel and comes from a simple 100% smelter reaction, it should be small clusters instead of large. I had meteorite clusters bigger than some volcanoes, an impact that big would have blasted the world apart in worldgen :p
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I haven't tested meteorite well yet, thanks for the feedback :).

P.S. I think about adding meteorite rock which is just a stone, but then add some minerals/gems which appear in meteorite only. Some of them may be toxic.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

All right, halfway there. Thanks to LNP guys and their code, and Meph and his explanation and the source code he has sent me, I've reworked parts of RAWs to separate the mod into components and to add settings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once I figure out how to swap folders for graphics, we will have a single download with swappable graphical options.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:30:19 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hehe, I started a trend here ;)

Anyway, the graphics folder are just brute force copys of entiry folders. I scrapped the entire system and removed it. I could sent you the part of the original LNP source code that does it. BUT it will copy over the entiry graphics folder and raws if I understood the code correctly. It will not work with mods, only with vanilla... except that you have your mod in the correct graphics already. mh...

Good luck with it, the bugtesting is a nightmare, because you have so many different combinations. Mine has over 600 now, no way to test them.... ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nah, I easily rewrote the code for graphics, it's easy. I will release it now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.27b ϟ] - MODLOADER, please test.
« Reply #8766 on: January 15, 2012, 09:30:27 am »

Released, please test and if you find something not working or have suggestions, please tell. I am sure there're many ways to break ModLoader now because of the crude way I coded stuff in, but I hope we can improve it with time :).

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5368

Save game tileset settings are NOT updated yet, I will write a savegame updating code soon. So right now changing tileset is only good for starting a new world.

P.S. I did not change the headers (How to use/About) from Meph's source code, so there's no need to report it :).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:32:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: January 15, 2012, 09:49:16 am »

Just convinced my to get rid of McAfee it insists on deleting DFHACK as a virus without giving me the option to override it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:27 am »

I've only added DFhack files to exceptions for my antivirus.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:10 am »

That's what I did when I had symantec but apparently part of the McAfee tos is that you renounce all power to control what your computer does.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:48 am »

DFhack runs as an auxiliary attachment to a unverified publishers application, to your firewall that says, "HOLY SHIT VIRUS"

so while it makes no sense to you, its just being detected under the same logic as Trojans and the ilk.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: January 15, 2012, 10:05:12 am »

DFhack runs as an auxiliary attachment to a unverified publishers application, to your firewall that says, "HOLY SHIT VIRUS"

so while it makes no sense to you, its just being detected under the same logic as Trojans and the ilk.
No I understand registering it as a virus completely, what I don't understand is why instead of giving me the option to overrule the software about known false positives I'm expected to either turn the software off -rendering it useless- or delete the files -which I shouldn't have to do-.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:34 am »

No I understand registering it as a virus completely, what I don't understand is why instead of giving me the option to overrule the software about known false positives I'm expected to either turn the software off -rendering it useless- or delete the files -which I shouldn't have to do-.

McAfee and Symantec are utter shit for user friendliness, I would say go get Avast, its a great free antivirus that actually listens to you.

also Deon, loving the modloader thing so far. makes editing stuff very easy. no more having to go into my DF directory to make small changes.

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:52 am »

Erm, Deon, could you package DF Therapist with it?
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:51 am »

Sure, the next release will have it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 642