Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230045 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.27 ϟ] - genesis-mod.webs.com
« Reply #8715 on: January 11, 2012, 10:56:21 pm »

:)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »

Hell f**king yes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8717 on: January 12, 2012, 12:57:45 am »

Hi deon,

While I was busy including your creatures into my mix I noticed that the subterrean 5 creatures have no graphics at all. Thought I remedy that fact.

From left to right: Nightmare, strige, bebelith, frost wraith, obsidian colossus, spirit of fire, devilkin and hellhound

You can use the sprites if you want :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: January 12, 2012, 01:28:45 am »

Hi deon,

While I was busy including your creatures into my mix I noticed that the subterrean 5 creatures have no graphics at all. Thought I remedy that fact.

From left to right: Nightmare, strige, bebelith, frost wraith, obsidian colossus, spirit of fire, devilkin and hellhound

You can use the sprites if you want :)
They DO have sprites, I've just tested them in arena. However your sprites are different from mine (some) so I will definitely use your nightmare and strige (I like them more than mine) and hellhound with some outline I'll add.

Also, everyone, check genesis-mod.webs.com, now I've added all info on races and FULL list of plants with their properties. It took a while :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8719 on: January 12, 2012, 01:41:16 am »

Yep, I just found the graphic_solo file. Feel a bit stupid right now.  ::)

And the website looks great. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: January 12, 2012, 02:11:36 am »

Oh shit, I wanted to buy a subscription for a month and since it's morning and I am tired I bought it for 2 years (for my new site), the crafty bastards have it selected for 2 years by default and I missed it. They charged me 120$ god damn it :P. Oh man, I really hope the refund works.

P.S. On a bright side, I've started adding Plump's videos to the site in the videos section. Makes it easier to find them on youtube. I will add tons of other videos later.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:17:14 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

InoxFy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51:44 am »

I want to point out this mod is absolutely amazing, but that's common knowledge already.
I especially love your take on Orcs, they are one of my favorite races to play in adventure mode, second only to Dunedwellers.

I have a question/suggestion. I recall playing in the past, before discovering the amazingness of Genesis, a great expansion mod, I believe it was Civilization Forge. This mod included, among other things, several new races including an arctic race called the Vamari, which I liked a lot.
I'm not sure if this is a place to ask or if you have already been asked before but have you ever been requested to contact the creator of Civilization Forge to discuss potential inclusion of that race in this mod? Or does that constitute a form of copyright infringement?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:51 pm »

Mephansteras? I just didn't think about it. I think it's quite trivial to combine races from both mods, especially if Meph sends me the source code for LNP settings application, but I can see why would Mephansteras not like it. He wants people to play his mod, not mine :).

What was so great about that race that you liked it? Maybe you will give me some awesome ideas I could include.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8723 on: January 12, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »

Speaking of the devil ;)

I send you the code and a little manual. The system I use is crude, but simple and it works. You might have to do a lot of raw editing though. Or you'll probably find a more elegant solution anyway ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:14 pm »

awesome mod.  just picked up 3.27 last night and have a nice little 2x2 going on my netbook.  Something never seen before, my topmost 4 or so stone layers are solid obsidian.  No volcano, or anything else unusual, just flat temperate savanna.  Mentioning in case it's a bug.

do you have wheelbarrows in yet?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:34 am »

Hay deon, is it possible to make a workshop that has marks(dwarf) reaction in it.

Its just coz training marks(dwarves) is such a fucking pain.

Please and thankingyou.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: January 13, 2012, 03:46:07 am »

I plan to include wheelbarrows, but you can easily do it by yourself already now if you follow instructions from that thread.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:21 am »

I finally got around to downloading this and I have to add my praise... very well done mod and I was pleased to see it had some of the same things I'd previously modded myself... like batch jobs for some things. I still haven't figured out why my fps is a fair bit lower than vanilla/personally modded versions though.

I've tested both versions separately and, currently, running side by side. With the same embark profile and very similar sites, both digging the same large designations, vanilla is averaging ~215 fps and genesis is around ~170. Both are extremely playable ofc, but in late fort years when managing 30-40 can be iffy, I'm wondering how big the difference will be. Anyone else noticed that kind of difference or is mine just being quirky?

Either way though, I still love the mod <3

Fake Edit: also both running the same (ironhand) tilesets.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »

Are you sure those were similar locations? A single running source of water in caverns 3 could drop your FPS twice.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 642