Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230148 times)

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.26 ϟ] - new demons, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #8685 on: January 10, 2012, 03:00:34 am »

Yes, I just checked, 4 different versions. :)

@deon: the settings program is going along fine. I already have half of the settings done, but so far you can only choose between Vanilla and my mod. But every little thing can be selected independently, trees, plants, gems, minerals, soil, every invader civs... you'll be able to do the same, all you need is an extra tag infront if the things you want to change. :)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

P.S Deon, could you please give me directions on changing the art. I can do it for normal tilesets, but haven't yet done it for graphical ones.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:04:49 am by slawr34 »
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: January 10, 2012, 03:33:28 am »

Yes, I just checked, 4 different versions. :)

@deon: the settings program is going along fine. I already have half of the settings done, but so far you can only choose between Vanilla and my mod. But every little thing can be selected independently, trees, plants, gems, minerals, soil, every invader civs... you'll be able to do the same, all you need is an extra tag infront if the things you want to change. :)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

P.S Deon, could you please give me directions on changing the art. I can do it for normal tilesets, but haven't yet done it for graphical ones.

Chill. As I tried to tell you before, use DwarfFortressConfig.exe that comes with Pheobus to change the tileset. You can easily download the vanilla Pheobus pack, grab DwarfFortressConfig.exe from it, copy it into the genesis install alongside dwarfortress.exe, then open it and use the tileset assembler tab to customize the tileset. Was that so hard?

And to clarify, the four tilesets Deon included are the same ones included with the vanilla Pheobus install. They're used to assemble variants using DwarfFortressConfig.exe
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:36:37 am by Ashnal »

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:49 am »

Snip

I tried that, but when I tried to start a new game it said "cannot find blue crystal" or something...

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:49 am »

Snip

I tried that, but when I tried to start a new game it said "cannot find blue crystal" or something...

Oooooh, haha. I should check my solutions before proposing them like an ass.

You need a few other files for the config program to work. Namely the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll, the data/config folder, and the data/init/Pheobus folder. If you copy these things from a vanilla Pheobus install to an unmodified Genesis 3.26 Pheobus install then the config program will work. I checked it this time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:07:22 am by Ashnal »

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: January 10, 2012, 07:27:56 am »

Missing Inorganic Gloss: CRYSTAL_BLUE
Well... what am I doing wrong?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:06 am »

Uhh... Should moon arrows be able to sever a bandit's arm? I got sent to kill a dusk elf bandit, and fired at one of his lackeys. Here's the lines from the combat log:
The Halberdier shouts.
The Halberdier blocks The flying silver moon arrow!
The Halberdier misses You!
You counterstrike!
You strike at The Halberdier but the shot is blocked!
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left lower leg, tearing apart the muscle through the opah leather dress!
An artery has been opened by the attack and many nerves have been severed!
The silver moon arrow has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Halberdier falls over.
You counterstrike!
You punch The Halberdier in the right lower arm with your left hand, fracturing the bone through the honey badger suede robe!
You counterstrike!
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left upper leg, fracturing the bone through the honey badger suede robe!
A motor nerve has been severed and a tendon has been torn!
The Halberdier gives in to pain.
The Halberdier loses hold of the bronze glaive.
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left upper arm and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Halberdier has bled to death.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:54 am »

Uhh... Should moon arrows be able to sever a bandit's arm? I got sent to kill a dusk elf bandit, and fired at one of his lackeys. Here's the lines from the combat log:
The Halberdier shouts.
You counterstrike!
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left lower leg, tearing apart the muscle through the opah leather dress!
An artery has been opened by the attack and many nerves have been severed!
The silver moon arrow has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Halberdier falls over.
You counterstrike!
You punch The Halberdier in the right lower arm with your left hand, fracturing the bone through the honey badger suede robe!
You counterstrike!
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left upper leg, fracturing the bone through the honey badger suede robe!
A motor nerve has been severed and a tendon has been torn!
The Halberdier gives in to pain.
The Halberdier loses hold of the bronze glaive.
The flying silver moon arrow strikes The Halberdier in the left upper arm and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Halberdier has bled to death.
They should! They are designed to have crescent-like sharp blade on the end, so they have pretty nice contact area and that's planned :).

Missing Inorganic Gloss: CRYSTAL_BLUE
Well... what am I doing wrong?
Ugh, you screwed up with the raws somewhere. Can you show me the like to a file you want to include in your game? I will tell you the contents of d_init.txt for that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kanaak666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: January 10, 2012, 12:06:50 pm »

Nice mode. Installed it 2 days ago and spread chaos in adventure mode since then.

I am not sure if anyone noticed it before, but I noticed that there is no way you can crawl under demon, even if it's your companion. You simply attack the thing. Similarly, when you are a demon, walking over a creature on adjacent tile ends up with bloodshed.
Is it how it's supposed to be?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: January 10, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »

Nice mode. Installed it 2 days ago and spread chaos in adventure mode since then.

I am not sure if anyone noticed it before, but I noticed that there is no way you can crawl under demon, even if it's your companion. You simply attack the thing. Similarly, when you are a demon, walking over a creature on adjacent tile ends up with bloodshed.
Is it how it's supposed to be?

im gonna take a long shot guess and say demons are not supposed to be playable, despite genesis making it so.

probably a bit of hard coding, or and odd tag in the raws.

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: January 10, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »

Question about breeding raptors.

I brought a male and a female raptor when I embarked. I pastured them inside in a 10x10 room and put nest boxes in every corner. The female claimed one of the boxes and layed 6 eggs. I closed the doors and forbied them for cooking.
So now I have been waiting for over one year...and nothing happened. The female raptor is sitting on the nest box and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Or do they really need THAT long to hatch?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: January 10, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »

Question about breeding raptors.

I brought a male and a female raptor when I embarked. I pastured them inside in a 10x10 room and put nest boxes in every corner. The female claimed one of the boxes and layed 6 eggs. I closed the doors and forbied them for cooking.
So now I have been waiting for over one year...and nothing happened. The female raptor is sitting on the nest box and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Or do they really need THAT long to hatch?
That's not a problem with genesis sometimes you just get a bad clutch of eggs.

Sarganto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: January 10, 2012, 06:53:18 pm »

So I should get the eggs out of the box and hope the raptor lays eggs again?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: January 10, 2012, 07:24:27 pm »

So I should get the eggs out of the box and hope the raptor lays eggs again?
Yes, they weren't fertilized for whatever reason if you have an uncaged male then it was probably just bad luck. It might actually immediately lay eggs again since it's been a year since the last time, I can't remember exactly how it works. If it doesn't immediately lay a new clutch edit your food stockpile and keep it from accepting Raptor Eggs, that way when it gets around to laying another clutch your dwarves take them. 

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: January 11, 2012, 01:08:13 am »

Question: Is there a packaged tileset that looks like The smooth tileset of phoebus?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:26:48 am by slawr34 »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:31 am »

Question: Is there a packaged tileset that looks like The smooth tileset of phoebus?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Genesis_3.26_Phoebus\data\art\Pheobus_16x16_smooth.png
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 642