Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230207 times)

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.26 ϟ] - new demons, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #8670 on: January 09, 2012, 04:38:53 am »

I have tried, admittedly, but it is impossible to combine any of the phoebus graphics into Genesis. I wanted to because I disliked the current tileset (not the characters) as it is dark and even.

Is it possible to get a collaboration going? Or maybe just add the missing tiles to existing tilesets to give us some options?

BTW I love the new version, awesome. Keep up the good work.
Heyoo?
What about existing Phoebus version?

Oh, I see. I have the Phoebus Genesis, but I tried to get a new tileset with a different look into it. Obviously that did not work as the tileset did not have some modded minerals.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:04 am »

Which is the "new tileset" you are talking about? I've got Phoebus from the Phoebus tileset thread.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: January 09, 2012, 08:18:51 am »

Which is the "new tileset" you are talking about? I've got Phoebus from the Phoebus tileset thread.

Yes yes yes. What I am trying to say is: I do not like the look of the tileset you chose. So I was trying to swap it with a Phoebus tileset that has a different look.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8673 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:08 am »

Do genetics of caste trump training?

What I mean is if I have two dwarves, one is a moss dwarf who is a master metalcrafter, and the other is a obsidian dwarf with no metalcrafting skills (both came as migrants with their skillsets already established) which one should I set as metalcrafter? In vanilla it would obviously be the one with the skill but now with castes maybe the obsidian dwarves are so well suited to forging that they trump any other caste, regardless of skill.

Same question, different example, should I just mover every single steel and shield dwarf into the military even if they have no actual military skills, and if I get say a moss or jade dwarf with military skills should I draft them of pass over them?

Likewise, I have not yet seen an schroom dwarves for my farms (they are supposed to increase yield, correct?). Do they still exist in this version?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, while I'm asking questions, do the various new "training" military workshops help? Are they more effective in training up the military than just letting them spar and do demonstrations? What kind of set up do you Genesis "experts" utilize to take advantage of those new workshops?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:16:22 pm by MAurelius »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:25 am »

Yes yes yes. What I am trying to say is: I do not like the look of the tileset you chose. So I was trying to swap it with a Phoebus tileset that has a different look.

If you use the tileset changer it should work perfectly fine. The raws don't need any updating to work with Pheobus' tileset variations.

Sarlare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: January 09, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »

Hey Deon, where did you get most of the music tracks for this mod from? I really liked the first 3 or 4.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: January 09, 2012, 05:41:05 pm »

Hey Deon, where did you get most of the music tracks for this mod from? I really liked the first 3 or 4.
Warcraft II :)

What I mean is if I have two dwarves, one is a moss dwarf who is a master metalcrafter, and the other is a obsidian dwarf with no metalcrafting skills (both came as migrants with their skillsets already established) which one should I set as metalcrafter?
In the long run, the obsidian dwarf. If you want to craft good items immediately, pick the moss dwarf. Obsidian dwarves train metalcrafting, smelting etc at a 150% rate.

should I just mover every single steel and shield dwarf into the military
In most cases, yes. Steel dwarves are just badass (disease immunity, very high stats even if they are "weak" or "clumsy" in comparison to other dwarves, fixed 1290 speed, stronger body materials/tissues) and shield dwarves always train fast because there's so many skills to train for proper fighting, so their bonuses really help.

Shroom dwarves are in, and they train in farming skills faster.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: January 09, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »

Yeah loved the focused casts like that but i was wondering if the domple/deep clan guys actually get a bonus as stone crafters? their description says they like 'inorganic' materials does that mean they have a bonus?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: January 10, 2012, 12:07:17 am »

Warcraft II :)

I fucking KNEW IT.
It WAS Warcraft 2
Love that game. Note *present tense.

I ask again. Is it possible in any to get a collaboration or joint effort going to port the different version of the new phoebus into genesis?

It would be easy... Right?
Right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8679 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

I am pretty sure that Phoebus is included already. 

btw: more love for Warcraft 2 :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: January 10, 2012, 01:01:47 am »

I am pretty sure that Phoebus is included already. 

btw: more love for Warcraft 2 :)

*Facepalm*
The (delicious, frustrating) irony is that I have tried to make my point in about 3 different posts 3 different ways.
How can you not understand what I am trying to say:
I LEIK PHOBUSSSSSSS BUT I WANT A DFERENT LOOK 4 IT!!!!!!11111one
Admittedly I wasn't very clear the first 2 times, but seriously, the last post had to make it understandable.

If you go onto the Phoebus thread, it show you that can get Phoebus tilesets that LOOK DIFFERENT.
OMFGWTFBBQ

>|[

And yes, Warcraft is the shit. First proper strategy game I have ever played.
*wipes tear from face*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:06:42 am by slawr34 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8681 on: January 10, 2012, 01:16:41 am »

Ahm... ok.

You could just try opening your data/art folder and there you will see different tilesets, all by phoebus. You just select the one you like and name it: Phoebus_16x16.png. The game will make the change automatically.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: January 10, 2012, 01:21:27 am »

Or follow the advice I allowed and change the tileset name in /data/init/d_init.txt :). Same work, more properly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:31 am »

So wait, you are saying you packed different version of GENESIS PHEOBUS ART with the release?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8684 on: January 10, 2012, 01:52:42 am »

Yes, I just checked, 4 different versions. :)

@deon: the settings program is going along fine. I already have half of the settings done, but so far you can only choose between Vanilla and my mod. But every little thing can be selected independently, trees, plants, gems, minerals, soil, every invader civs... you'll be able to do the same, all you need is an extra tag infront if the things you want to change. :)
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 642