Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230433 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Hi. ^.^

I need help with the rocktip-arrow-problem, my dwarf's dont move them to the stockpiles. I use the newest version of Genesis and not really know how to edit the files to fix the problem. ._.

Sorry for my bad english. =^.^=
Designate a dump in a stockpile and designate the arrows for dumping, after the items are put in the stockpile unforbid them.  the same thing happens if you make furniture out of clay or even with gem crafts in vanilla the game doesn't know how to handle them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ah, I almost forgot. Yeah, there's no "stone" category for arrows so you cannot put them in ammo stockpile. I could make a "stone metal" which would actually reduce the clutter a bit (just one material for all the arrows you get from stones) and it would allow stockpile usage. But it would mean that you can melt the metal down and... Well, stone bars are not something I want to see. But I will think about a workaround.

Logrin, awesome pictures!

Mounted creatures are... quite impossible to make. Because yeah, only siegers can ride animals. Centaurs are the closest you can get.

The game already has monks which are almost immune to pain, and you see what they cause :). I could make a "berserker" but I would have to make the weapons to be a bodypart, which is a bit silly.

Also there is animated armor in my mod, with tons of castes (with different weapons and shields). I guess I should make them more frequent in evil areas, you can rarely see one.

And giants are in. By a bit of further modding I can make them to wield weapons (like minotaurs do).

I just came home from New Year party, so some sleep and back to modding :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously fevers wtf my dwarves caught a fever from a forgotten beast and now its constantly knocking out everything, merchants pass out before they get to the depot and entire sieges are brought low.

Its like my own deli belly, while awesome it caused an entire merchant caravan to sleep through their stay.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a more sensible request this time.

A custom mason's workshop that allows the use of blocks to make all the stuff normally found in the mason's shop, and possibly the furniture workshop and stonecutter.
Basically I would like for any stone material craftable to be able to be made from blocks.

This would allow much more practical storing of stone resources for those tasks, since blocks can be placed in bins. Also, one could churn out blocks at a mining site and have dwarves store them in bins at the site, allowing them to be mass hauled to the fort without the need for the wheelbarrow mod.

As a balancing factor, you could make some of the block craftable items require multiple blocks.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Monks are unbelievably dangerous. I fought one while I was chopping bogeymen in half, he kicked me in my side and made me stop breathing. I suffocated a long time after, having recieved many wounds of all kinds and being forced to crawl around.

The second time, I took a swing at one as an Orc axeman and within my 1 turn of combat he had broken both my elbows and thrown me into a pond. I drowned in the pond after he kicked my face in.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:22:02 am by Jacob/Lee »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Monks are unbelievably dangerous. I fought one while I was chopping bogeymen in half, he kicked me in my side and made me stop breathing. I suffocated a long time after, having recieved many wounds of all kinds and being forced to crawl around.

The second time, I took a swing at one as an Orc axeman and within my 1 turn of combat he had broken both my elbows and thrown me into a pond. I drowned in the pond after he kicked my face in.

strangely enough, they are the enemy i had the LEAST trouble with when i was a barehanded fighter, that's mostly because this character had been around for 2 and a half years and could pop the head off bronze colossi. but yea monks do seem really deadly as one actually hurt me with that character. they are also a quick end to newer characters... and their entire 12 man party of soldiers...

and Deon, why has only the ironhand graphic version of your mod been updated? i cant see shit in it as the ground is black in every biome and underground. i much preferred phobeus for fortress mode.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because it's the version I play and playtest with, and making a Phoebus release requires me to remap every creature, all the stones, vermin, soil, plant etc... you get the idea.

Also the ground is not black... Maybe we have just totally different monitor brightness :). Then you can overlay the .png on itself and have much brighter tiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it's the version I play and playtest with, and making a Phoebus release requires me to remap every creature, all the stones, vermin, soil, plant etc... you get the idea.

Also the ground is not black... Maybe we have just totally different monitor brightness :). Then you can overlay the .png on itself and have much brighter tiles.

ah ok, but yea do you think it may be because i have an LCD monitor? its pretty bright but you may have a LED or just have your brightness up alot.

ill try the .png overlay and get back to you on that.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha that swimming pool friggin rocks--mayor was an idiot and channeled the floor out from under him then fell like 12 z levels into the first caverns lake but managed to drag his mangled body out. My refined marksdwaf only squad kicks ass. They all(20) crammed themselves into a 4x4  guard tower and quickly set upon the goblin ambush that killed the orc caravan.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

ah ok, but yea do you think it may be because i have an LCD monitor? its pretty bright but you may have a LED or just have your brightness up alot.

LCD. Just checked, 100% brightness :P. Oh well, I should stop partying soon and finally finish all the small fixes I want to apply and an update with other graphics. Oh god this New Year makes me a slacker.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LCD. Just checked, 100% brightness :P. Oh well, I should stop partying soon and finally finish all the small fixes I want to apply and an update with other graphics. Oh god this New Year makes me a slacker.

ok that explains alot, ill try turning just the brightness of DF up via Nvidia control panel

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think enemys need to die easier--my dwarves get even 1 broken bone and their out of the fight where beastmen, demons, illithid are capable of sitting still with almost every bone in their body broken and still being able to fight and kill same with centaurs to an extent. The normal humanoids die so much faster compared to the pure invadeing races which is down right silly. If a demon takes 200 bolts that are breaking its bones and ripping its flesh to tatters it should atleast bleed to death.

Fevers need to be reworked to either be deadly and develop immunitys or work way damn slower--my fortress is plagued by a forgotten beast fever(tainted water supply i think) and pretty much everything that comes to my fortress catches it. I cant trade with the elves because they get knocked out by the fever before they ever reach my depot and every siege that attacks is now knocked unconscious from the fever. Its hilarious to see 30 beastmen asleep getting slaughtered by a single axe dwarf but its rather annoying. Other races need better immune systems also my dwarves and dwarven traders handle it fine rarely catching it but elves just get slammed so hard its retarded.

I'm still waiting for a siege to kill the fever wracked elves then catch it themselves.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's what we were going for: no uber military and trap-resistant enemies :P. Maybe with time  we've got a bit too far... But still Steel Dwarves with high skill and in proper gear kill anything.

Fewers are not from mod, they are vanilla and cannot be modded.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is the elve immune system? they seem to be absurdly weak but then again so do centaurs/beastmen maybe some resistance increases so they dont get knocked out so much.

The enemys just seem really cheap--i have yet to see a demon/illithid/beastmen/centaur bleed to death where i've had a dwarf lose a toe and bleed to death. I still say demon skin should be a leather and there should be demon beasts. I'd love to see them weaponized like the mummys haha a demon siege comes and theres a few lust/rage demons but the majority are demon beasts designed to overwhelm the traps and bash doors down. A demon siege would be a scary experience instead of just annoyingly fast naked super goblins.

I want my dwarves to be decked out in red/black steel and demon leather decorated with demon teeth, hooves and bones.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

If you are afraid of FB syndromes, send small squads of steel clan/deep clan dwarves after them; they are immune.

The update will be out soon. I've added a few new hell monsters (courtesy of Naryar) including obsidian colossus, giant hell spider (bebilith), spirit of fire, nightmare, hellhound and a few others. Also I've fixed buffalos and added new meteorite ore which rarely spawns in soils or sedimentary layers as a cluster, and provides a steel-grade meteoric metal.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 642