Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230442 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

How do I make cobalt? Even though I have loads of pentlandite laying around, it won't let me press enter if I select cobaltite ore.
Cobaltite is an ore, pendaltite is just an ore of cobalt. Smelt pendaltite and you'll get cobalt bars a persentage of the time.

I think there's something wrong with buffalo, they don't breed and I notice that the bulls don't have the gender symbol that other animals do.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

How do I make cobalt? Even though I have loads of pentlandite laying around, it won't let me press enter if I select cobaltite ore.
Cobaltite is an ore, pendaltite is just an ore of cobalt. Smelt pendaltite and you'll get cobalt bars a persentage of the time.

I think there's something wrong with buffalo, they don't breed and I notice that the bulls don't have the gender symbol that other animals do.

Yeah, this was mentioned earlier. It's due to the fact that the bull caste doesn't have a [MALE] tag as it should.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Yeah, this was mentioned earlier. It's due to the fact that the bull caste doesn't have a [MALE] tag as it should.
Must have missed that, thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am just a bit busy earning those stupid little games and sending gifts on Steam (my first times ever since my credit card started to work), it's unforgivable that I delay the update but I hope you understand :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile

I'm liking Genesis Mod so far. I must say though Demons are ridiculously powerful, in testing I put a warrior dwarf with every single skill in grand master, against a demon of lust with no skills at all ( except what they start with ), both were completely unarmed except for the dwarf wielding a red steel sword.

Let me tell you, that dwarf, just barely won and fell unconcious soon after. In proper DF scenarios I've had a dwarf clad in high quality red steel and sun gold, legendary armour skill, get hacked to pieces by a small ambush force of demons. And when I say hacked to pieces, I mean, ripped apart baby and all within the first few turns without a single Demon casualty. Way more hardcore than regular DF. ( Adventure Mode also had hilarious moments where I got attacked by a sea monster ON LAND )
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sea monsters have wings.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a few questions:

What is beter; deephide or titan's chitin (when taned is called fatty or something like that)?

What is white bronze good for?

And are there any other metals that aren't listed on the genesis wiki?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:00:16 pm by Pawel1997PL »

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love the new spells Deon.

So here's a pic of someone weaving a voodoo chant and a dood blasting a tiny ferret with Morpheous gift.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, am I doing it wrong? I genned a new world and had a ((quite prosperous)) civilization of water buffalo
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sea monsters could be more eventful instead of being just massive eagles that occasionally bother your dwarves--is it possible to make them like the thunderbirds? I'd love to make them have their own little sub species so you could have the ilithid as their young then as they get older they'll become a land/sea monster then eventually become a true horror.

I hate how cthulu lite runs away from 4 dwarves but i understand that you dont want a cthulu lite acting like cthulu and destroying your fortress. Best way to fix this would be to make more smaller ones to act the current way and big bad ones to act properly. I'd actually love to see some basically unkillable elder gods where your only hope is to dig a hole and wait for it to get bored. I'd love for the only available defense to be BUILD WALLS ACROSS ALL ENTRANCES! and watching anything left outside get torn to shreds by the elder god--would be great for when you enter the endless siege cycle and multiple sieges are outside your walls.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

I am just a bit busy earning those stupid little games and sending gifts on Steam (my first times ever since my credit card started to work), it's unforgivable that I delay the update but I hope you understand :).

Been there, done that ^.^

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duped raws...how did I get them and what do I do to un-get them?

Also. Due to the above causing -some- wonkiness ((prosperous water-buffalo empire)) I was wondering if this was part and parcel to it. Each time I gen a world I seem to get a somewhat different list of outsiders my adventurer can be.

Is the list of races curtailed to certain creatures? Or am I being short changed now and then? Honestly I just want to play as a plattypus man kicker and go around pricking people with my venomous barbs. That or play as (an) Iron-Man or (a) Batman.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the most part I believe duped raws is caused by simply dragging and dropping the new folders over the new ones. The way to fix that would to do a clean "install" (it's in quotes because you don't actually install anything) since how genesis is original dwarf fortress + all the awesome stuff genesis adds; the thing to do would be extract the genesis download into an entirely different folder on it's own

And hey Deon, don't worry about apologizing to us man. Hell you're the one doing the work not us. So far you've provided an excellent addition to DF and despite of how much I'm looking forward to the next update, take your time man, we will survive.. well at least some of us will.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon's a cool guy. He makes Mods and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also, his fallout inspired mod is wicked boss if not just for the intro music.

And Genesis is beyond my favorite mod. Out of any game.

That said. If you DO feel like putting in another random bit of human shaped destruction Deon. Instead of another Monk type creature, why not:

*Mounted Knight - Bears down on people upon horse with lance at the ready! Or why not a Dunedweller on War Elephant?
* Berserker! - A humanoid immune to pain. Weilding a two-handed sword made of a cursed metal that causes intense pain on touch. Fool is the adventurer that tries to claim it if they win!
*Corrupted Armor - Hell, why not just make an entire animated armor out of the stuff? That or make them searing hot/freezing cold and with a penchant for wrestling. Not that shooting bile from their empty bodies isn't cool enough already
*Giants with to-scale weapons and/or armor. Even if it's just a makeshift tree club or human skin toga. Just imagine the horror at the thought of a giant huntsman letting loose man sized arrows on your walls.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi. ^.^

I need help with the rocktip-arrow-problem, my dwarf's dont move them to the stockpiles. I use the newest version of Genesis and not really know how to edit the files to fix the problem. ._.

Sorry for my bad english. =^.^=
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 642