Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230443 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Did you try removing comments?

Otherwise it's vanilla RAW data and then it means that it's another problem of DF strange activity.

I had a similar experience with a perfectly working ghost creature for windows: a simple existence of it caused the game to crash, but if I copypasted and renamed it, removing the original RAW of that creature, the game worked.

Also thanks for the great job finding it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

I copied the original DF giant badger raws and adjusted them to have the dire badger's qualities; Genesis does not crash now. Thanks for the help. Here is my fixed version of the raws, tested and verified to work on at least my Mac (I don't have a Windows or GNU/Linux computer to test it on right now, but I suppose you could check that if necessary):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I noticed two other issues while looking through the raws:
- the MALE caste of the Buffalo (buffalo bull) in creature_benign_normal.txt does not have the [MALE] tag, causing would-be male buffalo to be genderless. All it needs is [MALE] under the MALE caste entry.
- although it appears that the Bladefoot Rancor has attacks in its raw entry, it can only "push" enemies. Unsure of how to fix this.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Heh, campy buffalo.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you make Cobalt?

This mod would really benefit from a comprehensive manual, I feel an idiot not being able to find something so basic  :-[

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I copied the original DF giant badger raws and adjusted them to have the dire badger's qualities; Genesis does not crash now. Thanks for the help. Here is my fixed version of the raws, tested and verified to work on at least my Mac (I don't have a Windows or GNU/Linux computer to test it on right now, but I suppose you could check that if necessary):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I noticed two other issues while looking through the raws:
- the MALE caste of the Buffalo (buffalo bull) in creature_benign_normal.txt does not have the [MALE] tag, causing would-be male buffalo to be genderless. All it needs is [MALE] under the MALE caste entry.
- although it appears that the Bladefoot Rancor has attacks in its raw entry, it can only "push" enemies. Unsure of how to fix this.
I think there's some hidden character in the .txt file which causes the crashes then, I had it happen before.

All of this is very useful, thank you for the feedback! I will fix it this week.

How do you make Cobalt?

This mod would really benefit from a comprehensive manual, I feel an idiot not being able to find something so basic  :-[
Smelt cobaltite :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Not really an issue or anything, but it says 'Blast Firnace' instead of 'Blast Furnace' on the second post.
EDIT:Fixed terminology.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:35:31 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Not really a bug or anything, but it says 'Blast Firnace' instead of 'Blast Furnace' on the second post.

You are correct, it's not a bug, it's a typo.
It's like when a dorf engraves a picture of bats surrounding a terrified major who hates them, when in fact he adores cats.

edit: And while your'e at it, hand me that Captain Obvious badge there will ya?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:02:22 pm by Ultimuh »

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play

Just wanted to throw in another request for a Phoebus version.

Is Ironhand easier to implement or something? The lazy newb pack makes switching graphics packs easy as pie. Maybe the person who made the LNP would consider making one for Genesis? I really want to play this mod because it looks absolutely mind numbingly awesome but Ironhand hurts my head.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to throw in another request for a Phoebus version.

Is Ironhand easier to implement or something? The lazy newb pack makes switching graphics packs easy as pie. Maybe the person who made the LNP would consider making one for Genesis? I really want to play this mod because it looks absolutely mind numbingly awesome but Ironhand hurts my head.

Same here.

Re testing anonimity for centaurs and beastmen: I deleted the [TRANSLATION:goblin.txt] line from their entity raws and added [UTTERANCES] to the creature raws, still searching for a centaur village to see if they have names like kobolds now. I know, I could just start a fortress and see it sooner, but Ironhand makes my eyes ouchie... at least the auto-hostile thing seems to work, they were hostile on an embark screen I did, hopefully not from their ethics (anything the dwarves punish: ACCEPTABLE, anything they don't: UNTHINKABLE- ought to be enough of a cultural clash :D )...

I'll be back once I have more results.

Oh, and BTW, Illithids could really do with [CAN_SPEAK] in their creature raws.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta say i love the stone bins/barrels deon! helps so much in the beginning when you just want to focus on building your fort proper.

Working my dwarves like slaves to build the causeway of death that spirals around my central keep and past my guard towers--they must suffer through the snow storms so their fellow dwarves can live in the warm comfort of their cavern wall apartments, screaming in terror at every thing that glides past their fortification/windows.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love your work Deon. I'm greatly anticipating the Pheobus release.

A few suggestions. I was reading a thread on blind dwarves being good as siege operators and I got to thinking, why not make Domple dwarves blind? It goes in hand with their retarded nature and it would make them somewhat useful (if slower to train) for siege operating. It would also make them better haulers, since they wouldn't be interrupted by hostiles. For comedy sake, they could easily be mauled by hostiles while hauling too!

Another less thought out idea would be giving Aspid dwarves acid blood (or other appropriate fluid) with a detrimental contact syndrome that all dwarves are immune to. This would allow you to use Aspid dwarves for unconventional biological warfare.

I would suggest looking at this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90371.0 idea and working with the mod author to make a genesis compatible version featuring the new genesis leather tiers.

Finally, I really liked Mechanixm's mini-mod for genesis. I would love to see some of his workshops and ideas integrated into the main mod, since he seems to be MIA and his mod is based on an older Genesis release.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:00:04 pm by Ashnal »

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit yes that leather mod--can we get demon skin also? i know you cant butcher humanoids(baldur monks though...) but adding a beast that demons ride/mount would allow you to use demon skin.

*seconding that mecha workshops stuff i remember drooling over his stuff months back
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:59:56 am by arghy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

He made a lot of stuff too easy to get. Come on, stone chains? Otherwise I already have a lot of his ideas incorporated.

I will add wheelbarrows (I am busy preparing to the New Year now, it's like Christmas for you) and a couple other things, and I was considering using that tiered standartisized leather too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We already have stone chains though.... as i see it just because its there doesnt mean you gotta use it. The new plaster reaction sounds sweet because its so hard to get normally.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I make cobalt? Even though I have loads of pentlandite laying around, it won't let me press enter if I select cobaltite ore.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 642