Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230514 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

so it should pierce naked flesh.
Demons have tougher skin which is not your normal flesh :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it the same with beastmen and illithids? had those in the pit of death also and they were just as hard to kill. Since you cant recover most of your ammo spent i think you need some sort of replenish-able ammo material that shouldent hobble you to much--either metal bars making the tips in large amounts which can then be combined with wood or realistic glass/stone alternatives.

The current state of metal means the chances of you producing your own decent armor is very low so your forced to make due with ranged dwarves to deal with sieges until you can import enough metal to produce armor.

I'm already working on a death maze that will simply drop invaders about 20+ zlevels into the caverns since its almost impossible to kill most invaders with other means!

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahahaha this is so awesome and ridiculous at the same time! first i just received 7 sieges at once, dunedwellers(1 group), demons(3 more groups), beastmen(2 groups), mummys?(1 group). My pit bridge has proved to be so awesome! i droped it right when the entire mummy group was crossing, BODY PARTS EVERYWHERE! then 2 demon groups broke at my main doors because of 20 ranged dwarves filling them with pain! they run right back to the pit bridge but then encounter the traps at its edge meant to trigger ambushes and THEY DODGE OFF THE EDGE! i just watched about 13 demons jump to their deaths it was glorious!

So there was 1 stupid demon in my secondary moat causing trouble so i think, 1 demon against 30 dwarves with war animals? thus begins the benny hill. The demon runs all over my fortress chased by dwarves and arrows/bolts and hes apparently entered the matrix because nothing is landing, my entire dwarven blob corners him and comes out with 3 dead dwarves, 5 war animals dead AND NOT A SINGLE HIT LANDED.

Demons need to get their dodge skill or whatever is calling them to become neos reduced.

Oh yeah through out all this i've managed to somehow get every single diplomat killed, WHY DO THEY CHARGE ENEMYS?! the goddamn orc diplomat was the one that caused all the strife in the first place keeping a door open before i could lock it! :argh:.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Mummies? Those are animals, did you mod them to have an entity???
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha i did nothing but DL the ironhands version but yeah mummys are showing up with demons for some reason and i've entered an endless siege cycle. My death pit is just covered 4 screens deep with body parts as invaders plummet to their deaths on a throw of my bridge--caught about 30 enemys at once, mostly mummys as they are slow but dear god watching them impact is beautiful.

Currently facing 60 beastmen and i cant make ammo fast enough, 20 elite ranged dwarves and goddamn what they can do with masterful rocktip ammo! watched that stupid lone demon in the moat twitch as my new hoardings allowed my ranged squads unlimited view of his hole! The beastmen hordes are getting a faceful of pointed death--its so epic to see a demon on a raptor take a bolt then dodge off the edge and splatter on my dwarves trying to clean the goddamn death pit!

I ran out of trees deon thats how fast i'm using ammo--4 Z levels of uncut trees for 6 seasons, 107 logs from caravans all of its gone. I have 2 craftshops producing nothing but bone arrows/bolts as the one thing that seems endless is the bones of the invaders! I found out what happened to my stupid war animals i had them pastured in the main hall to try and reduce pathing lag so my dwarves would grab them back down every time they left haha.

Most epic fort yet!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Are mummies showing up WITH demons, as animals (as trolls with goblins), or are they a separate civilization which sieges you? Anything in your errorlog.txt?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

on feathers possibly fetching to make arrows and bolts better

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll load it up again and check if their at war with me but its like their apart of the demon civ, whenever a demon siege appears theres always 1-2 groups of just mummys. Also my golden geese keep birthing live young. My version is iron hand 25k.

Errorlog has nothing but abunch of path fails but heres one mentioning a mummy
path fail: demon of pain,55,76,58 -> 68,38,28: Id #10169:Path Goal Seek Station:Station None at 78,21,58
path fail: mummy,0,50,58 -> 36,67,28: Id #10209:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Maraude Target at 36,68,28

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well it looks like demons weaponized mummies.

Golden geese still have a child tag, I may remove it... Right now they make golden eggs and it makes them to give live births (DF issue).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah mummys arent showing up as a civ.

Wish my stupid pacifist dwarves could be forced to do things right--recruits sitting with elite ranged dwarves because they insist on using bows with bolts or arrows with crossbows. I have both uniforms strictly saying BOW WITH ARROWS and CROSSBOW WITH BOLTS but noooo they gotta be special. Also bayonets rock my dwarves are slaughtering with them!

Is kabolds ambushing supposed to be a joke? haha their ambush ran through my locked doors while i was trying to maneuver the beastmen hordes and they lost 4 of their number to my fierce.... reindeer but then they fucked with the bull giant moose and that was that haha.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Yeah mummys arent showing up as a civ.

Wish my stupid pacifist dwarves could be forced to do things right--recruits sitting with elite ranged dwarves because they insist on using bows with bolts or arrows with crossbows. I have both uniforms strictly saying BOW WITH ARROWS and CROSSBOW WITH BOLTS but noooo they gotta be special. Also bayonets rock my dwarves are slaughtering with them!

Is kabolds ambushing supposed to be a joke? haha their ambush ran through my locked doors while i was trying to maneuver the beastmen hordes and they lost 4 of their number to my fierce.... reindeer but then they fucked with the bull giant moose and that was that haha.

Kobolds...are technically what you'd expect them to be to a dwarf.

Also, if you DO assign (under ammunition) arrows AND bolts, your mixed team of bow and crossbow dwarves will get confused. Specialize or separate them into their own categories  :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

because they insist on using bows with bolts or arrows with crossbows.
DO NOT EVER put xbows and bows in the same squad. It's a DF problem. You do NOT assign ammo in uniforms, you do it in ammo screen.

Kobolds are just small. Reindeer are giant, and GIANT MOOSE is enormous (almost like an elephant).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah learned my lesson and split the squads up but even still some dwarves refuse to switch--they'll drop entire quivers and different bows/xbows yet no matter what they'll always go back to the wrong goddamn weapon! I wish i could specify which uniforms are partial so i could enforce uniforms for my ranged dwarves. I swapped them one last time to see if they shape up--if they dont its off to the melee squads for them!

I love my medical dwarves, for some reason all of my natural ranged dwarfs also had awesome medical skills so more then half my ranged squad is also my forts medical staff(dont worry i add roofs to all my hoardings i learned the illithid lesson!) so when i tell them to stand down i have these badasses walking around waiting for someone to shoot.

I got a sylvan ambush and it was absolutely hilarious--ranged stand off where my dwarves casually batted all of the enemys arrows from the air while raining death and boy can i tell you, elves are not made like demons hahaha. A medical dwarf that was off duty killed 3 over my draw bridge it was hilarious. The best thing was watching a recruit with a red steel axe take on 4 in close quarters, nothing like shattering the goddamn brain with a stroke after watching pages of fractures and bruises from my ranged dwarves.

I now have 6 40x40 rooms filled with bodys and body parts and i killed the beastman general--my dwarves are going to enjoy walking through a fortress studded with the bones of their enemys! I cant wait for the elven diplomat to talk to my baron while my dwarven children play with elf skull totems behind him.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I now have 6 40x40 rooms filled with bodys and body parts
The next release... ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE OH GOD!

I can't wait to get it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, when is the Phoebus version coming?

Till then, I use the Ironhand for Adventurer to antagonize enemies, will slaughtering 90% of a settlement in Adventurer mod have an effect on a following Fortress mod played with the same dwarf entiry? Also, I added [UTTERANCES] to centaurs and beastmen, yet they keep showing up as "a centaur the centaur" in my kills screen, even kobolds get names postmortem...what am I doing wrong?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 642