Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230572 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

A golden goose just gave birth.......

Creatures that lay unusual eggs can't lay normal eggs; thus, either you have genderless unusual egg-layers that are 100% sterile or you have female unusual egg-layers that have live birth.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I missing something on how bread baking is supposed to work? I have several bags of cave wheat flour, but "bake bread" stays red and unusable.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I missing something on how bread baking is supposed to work? I have several bags of cave wheat flour, but "bake bread" stays red and unusable.
Maybe some issues with the ame not recognizing the ingredients in bags or barrels.
try queuing an order through the manager screen, I seem to remember that worked for me. 

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question: what happened to the Arachna, aka GCS? Is it totally replaced by the Arachnids of layer 2, who BTW are totally driders*?

*without [EQUIPS]. Why have hands if you don't use them?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Quick question: what happened to the Arachna, aka GCS? Is it totally replaced by the Arachnids of layer 2, who BTW are totally driders*?

*without [EQUIPS]. Why have hands if you don't use them?
They are archnids/arachnas (genders), and they are like driders, and they are  as deadly as GCS :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's some problem with your stockpile not being recognized by the workshop, it happens. Use manager or try to place bags with workshops in the same burrow and close. But the manager is easier.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, that made it work. Thanks. Also, for anyone else having this problem, the bags of flour cannot be in barrels, or at least they couldn't be for me.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An updated manual with the new metals would be great--whats moon silver? where does it fit in terms of strength?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firstly, I would just like to say that I am having HEAPS of fun with your mod.
Secondly:
2 questions.

1) Do Orcs, Snakemen, or Nords siege? Snakemen were automatically hostile, but I think they are on kobold level with invasions (no sieges yet). I slaughtered the Orcs and Nords caravans, but they have done NOTHING, they haven't ambushed or laid siege to me yet, and have not continued trading with me.

2) My archers (marksdwarves) will not not use stone arrows, I have literally thousands (3330 exactly) of "rocktip bolts", but they will not use them.

Suggestion: Adding rock war hammers and maces would be awesome, and be far more effective than rock swords, spears or pick.

-EDIT-
An updated manual with the new metals would be great--whats moon silver? where does it fit in terms of strength?

Although the Genesis wiki is outdated in a lot of ways, someone has been kind enough to edit material properties (they seem recent enough)

By compressive yield/fracture:
Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold/Moon Silver -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

By weight/density:
Adamantine -> Mithril -> Moon Silver -> Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

By edge:
Spellwood -> Copper -> Cobalt -> Iron -> Bismuth bronze -> Black bronze -> Bronze -> Sun gold -> Steel -> Black steel -> Moon Silver -> Red steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

Hence, Moon Silver looks like a pretty good metal to make axes and swords out of, but worse than steel for armour.

--EDIT2--
No, wait. They have come to trade with me again... Time to test out my new Lets-Kill-ALL-The-Traders killamajig
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:12:55 am by slawr34 »
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Ok got over the false positive panic..

What does vodoo and petrification spells do?
It would be cool if the vodoo's revived stuff..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok got over the false positive panic..

What does vodoo and petrification spells do?
It would be cool if the vodoo's revived stuff..

Jolly good. Voodoo causes pain, and petrification stuns (petrifies) things that it hits. Protip: Throw them in the tick IMMEDIATELY AFTER you "make" it. Or else you'll get your hand blown off, or some such shit.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cartilage has no healing rates. Just saying.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Slawr34, what do stone arrows have to do with your marksdwarves? Marksdwarves use stone bolts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You also need to assign the rocktip arrows/bolts in the ammo screen and ensure no one else has them saved--i was forced to separate my bow and xbow dwarves because they kept using each others ammo but once i made 2 squads and assigned them rocktip ammo they used it. Be warned the bolts are horrible and will take forever to actually do damage as in literally 1000 rocktip arrows/bolts to kill a single unarmored demon/beastman. I use my ranged dwarves as a stand off equalizer rather then an actual strike force--if the enemy is to powerful to fight they whittle them down from safety.

Demons are absurdly powerful same with illithids they move fast as hell and even when thrown into a pit filled with war dogs and cave crocs a single lust demon killed 14 unarmed out of literally 60 animals.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

I saw some Mango Wood wood in my wood stockpile.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:29:16 am by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 642