Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230768 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm, Deon, is the lack of bone greaves crafting (in Adventurer mode) your take on the Skyrim guard "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee" meme, or something else? Bone breastplates are in, and they are harder to make than tying a stack of bones around your legs :p
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to improve the amount of metal at an area during world gen? i have a location with 'deep metals' and lots of shallow metals but this translates to silver and bismuth apparently. Its kinda pointless having flux stone when theres no metal and my military is starving for weapons atm might just start slaughtering animals to get bones for some bone armor.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, it's been awhile since I've played your mod and I've got to say there really are a lot of pretty cool differences, though the plants and crops are a tad overwhelming without a pdf that used to be included which said what everything grew into/was made into. Is there one for this version of crops that I just missed over?

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so then is the update for phoebus commin? it's been longer when a week i'm sure

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do attributes still increase as dwarves gain skill? I'm asking because several of my miners went from dabbling to legendary without any visible attribute change in their descriptions...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Do attributes still increase as dwarves gain skill? I'm asking because several of my miners went from dabbling to legendary without any visible attribute change in their descriptions...

Some do, most obvious is in the military, its just now less obvious in civilian jobs as you can repeat them on and on for a long period of time.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there anything wrong with playing as a Giant adventurer? Because my DF just crashed when I tried.
EDIT: Also, I seem to not be able to gen a world in which Dwarves survive. Only thing I get is Keepers. Which, by the way, can buy Bronze Colossus and Forgotten Beasts for 1 point at embark O.o
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:27:08 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

okay !!science!! report:
I built a wild containment center set to transport any non native citizen to a closed off room.
this is the result when I tell a fellow scientist to pull the lever repeatedly.
teleblender

Now this pulls up any wild animal into the location of the statue(where the pointer is). The 3x3 tiles of blood is from what I guess what happens when you try to cram animals on to one spot forcefully.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why the hell is there a flying sea monster in the tundra? my northern fortress nearly got wiped out because there was a whimsical flying sea monster, i thank my honey bees for saving my fortress. He was in the 2nd level of my defense tower but its also my honey bee level and he got stung by a honey bee then dident go down 2 more levels where my mass of livestock was stored.

I lost my earlier fortress when i encountered a goddamn ambush at the doors to my last bastion--going to make the cage full of cave crocodiles right next to my last bastion so i can open the cage remotely and trigger a wave of crocodile death--might mix some cave tortoises in there also for some reptile themed death.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hahaha what--did you somehow channel the edges so everyone appears only in that one spot? If so thats brilliant and dangerous, imagine 2-3 sieges arriving at the same time and being hostile towards each other.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hahaha what--did you somehow channel the edges so everyone appears only in that one spot? If so thats brilliant and dangerous, imagine 2-3 sieges arriving at the same time and being hostile towards each other.
no I just use Dfusion to make all creatures of the wild teleport to a certain statue when a lever was pulled.

though Sieges Imagine would be far more crazy than just this.
Oh and I can make a simple Ghost,ambush,childsnatcher catcher for those who want to build.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah i remember walling off the entire map edge and adding zig zagging path ways to a central keep, it was weird and required an absurd amount of micro managing. I now prefer to have a small central keep with an open map to allow everyone to get to the keep without killing each other.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi deon great mod. I have a question and a suggestion. What does the spells do? And my sugeestion is a Tactics Room, which trains Fighter.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, Did you integrate the reactions from Mechanixm's Workshop Mod into the new version?  I would like to try it and am curious if I need to bug him about doing an upgrade or if it is already in Genesis.

Thanks man and have a good one.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You go to hell deep crow! also how many friggin castes are there?! my broker is a doomer and 'is constantly filled with inner rage' i bet hes a dream to haggle with
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 642