Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230778 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cave tortoises not the vermin turtles.

Not grazers, thankfully.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooot, is there anyway to quickly check which are grazers besides checking the creatures file?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Wooot, is there anyway to quickly check which are grazers besides checking the creatures file?

Think: does the creature eat grass near-exclusively?

If not, it's probably not a grazer.

Also, dralthas are.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are birds grazers?

Also dean, MUSKETS AND CANNONS! just think how badass it would be to equip your reserve squads with muskets which fire slow, are inaccurate but if they hit they do massive damage! I also want to stick cannons at the end of my roadway and bombard siegers esp the bastards riding building destroyers--paults and balista dont do it as the stupid operators tend to run away when told to fire it so i often need to build them at a great distance. I'd equip my old and infirm dwarves with muskets as a last line of defense to give them a chance against the hammerlords.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Birds are apparently not grazers, frees up alot of pasture space! but apparently i cant butcher ducks, my asian dwarves are in arms about it. My dwarves shall live on a pure cave croc/tortise/peacock egg diet slaughtering all my FPS eating ducks and chickens. I already have 2000 prepared meals.... might just start selling them on mass but i'll miss the barrels!

Making the first few levels of soil nothing but pastures and underground tree production--debating on whether or not to make a waterfall from my aquifer seeing as i can dump it into the first cavern which has an underground lake. Do dwarves on up/down stairs still get washed down them? might make a rotating series of grates or just replace my up/down stairs with grates and move the stairs off center.

Does magma still rise levels if you pump it? i want to know if i can raise magma from the sea to my central area via a giant pipe--can building destroyers destroy grates? if the magma pipe works i want a giant grill over the top of the magma so my dwarves can walk over it and use the light might just have to make it 1 level above the magma pipe.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you mine out gigantic rooms (max size pasture) in stone, you can make nest boxes of some of the stone and rock pots from the rest. Those you can use for everything a barrel is good for, with the single exception of Process Plant to Barrel and buildings requiring barrels to be built. The former is not that practical as liquid extracts require insane amounts of micromanagement to cook in this version, the latter can be micromanaged. Feel free to sell as many *Prepared Food Pot (microcline)*s as you wish :)

If you ever run out of stone (or decide not to mine more to save FPS), there's always clay or sand to make more pots of. Or wood to make barrels of, if you have an underground tree farm on every (fully excavated) soil level. The latter will also feed your fort if you send some herbalist to gather the shrubs there.

EDIT, bugreport: Helmet Snakes don't have [CHILD:X] tokens at all. Dunno if it makes them hatch as adults, or not hatch at all, ever.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:33:44 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

hhhat09

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The new version of this locks up randomly, it runs fine for a second then i go into matrix mode and it takes 30 seconds to move or attack one tile!       ???
i have a lot of Ram and everything, and Vanilla works fine

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

If you mine out gigantic rooms (max size pasture) in stone, you can make nest boxes of some of the stone and rock pots from the rest. Those you can use for everything a barrel is good for, with the single exception of Process Plant to Barrel and buildings requiring barrels to be built. The former is not that practical as liquid extracts require insane amounts of micromanagement to cook in this version, the latter can be micromanaged. Feel free to sell as many *Prepared Food Pot (microcline)*s as you wish :)

If you ever run out of stone (or decide not to mine more to save FPS), there's always clay or sand to make more pots of. Or wood to make barrels of, if you have an underground tree farm on every (fully excavated) soil level. The latter will also feed your fort if you send some herbalist to gather the shrubs there.

EDIT, bugreport: Helmet Snakes don't have [CHILD:X] tokens at all. Dunno if it makes them hatch as adults, or not hatch at all, ever.

IIRC, Helmsnakes have egg tags, but no child tags on vanilla DF, so Deon must've missed it, or he didn't want to change it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So good news with the help of Warmist/darius I finally got Item's checking to work properly. Also Teleporting kinda tricky due to one can't teleport until someone else has moved.
I'll soon wrap up a new folder for Deon after writing up a few Companions commands and seeing if I can build a teleporter to a hidden room.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Also, if you wield a sword and bow in both hands, would your warriors spar in swordsmanship and train at an archery range?

Forgot to ask this, nobody answered it yet  :)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... does Aspid bite syndrom work in the new version? I started an adventurer (totally noob at that) and got killed by sand lions. I did manage to land a bite, but there was no "Aspid saliva has been injected" in the reports, and definitely no paralized sand lion.

Also, how good are the weapons/tools craftable in Adventurer mod? Is it worth mass-producing any of them for throwing purposes?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:25:56 pm by Tirion »

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... does Aspid bite syndrom work in the new version? I started an adventurer (totally noob at that) and got killed by sand lions. I did manage to land a bite, but there was no "Aspid saliva has been injected" in the reports, and definitely no paralized sand lion.

I think it works, but not always I think it happens eandomly when you land a bite or when the bite penetrates enough.

And, Deon I dont know if its just for me but dusk elves rarely survive worldgen, I think only 2 of their civs spawn, I think the same thing happens to the ilithids although its not a problem since they are OP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I think it works, but not always I think it happens eandomly when you land a bite or when the bite penetrates enough.

And, Deon I dont know if its just for me but dusk elves rarely survive worldgen, I think only 2 of their civs spawn, I think the same thing happens to the ilithids although its not a problem since they are OP
Are you using the advanced world generation mode? Maybe the civilizations are too low. In the current version, every entity lives in cities.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Here's hoping you didn't bite anything with tough skin.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you using the advanced world generation mode? Maybe the civilizations are too low. In the current version, every entity lives in cities.
No im not,its too complicated, and i set civs to max, maybe its just bad luck.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 642