Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230869 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

So, I replaced the sound files in the Genesis pack with those from a vanilla DF pack, and that DID indeed solve it! Hurray! Calloo, callay! Now I can reap this mod's rich bounties of challenge. The doldrums no longer pound in my ears.

One little thing, though. It isn't a problem. just something I noticed. I embarked in a place where there definitely wasn't an ocean nearby, and the embark screen said "ere the sea monsters get hungry". Unless a load of sea monsters are going to swim up the river, I don't see that being a problem ;P Little error, there?

They are magical sea monsters. You will know if you see them.

Cool. Also, what are "duki monks"? Saw that on another embark screen (abandoned that one ten minutes after I got there because there were only five layers between the lowest above-ground z-level and the first cavern. Le sigh).
over powered humans that burst out of no where and beat up every one.

How over powered is "over powered", here?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So, I replaced the sound files in the Genesis pack with those from a vanilla DF pack, and that DID indeed solve it! Hurray! Calloo, callay! Now I can reap this mod's rich bounties of challenge. The doldrums no longer pound in my ears.

One little thing, though. It isn't a problem. just something I noticed. I embarked in a place where there definitely wasn't an ocean nearby, and the embark screen said "ere the sea monsters get hungry". Unless a load of sea monsters are going to swim up the river, I don't see that being a problem ;P Little error, there?

They are magical sea monsters. You will know if you see them.

Cool. Also, what are "duki monks"? Saw that on another embark screen (abandoned that one ten minutes after I got there because there were only five layers between the lowest above-ground z-level and the first cavern. Le sigh).
over powered humans that burst out of no where and beat up every one.

How over powered is "over powered", here?
tall bogeyman over powered.
they on the class group with Sea monsters where if you just started they will hit you like a truck.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

...you weren't kidding about the sea monsters, were you Deon?

SON of a BITCH now all twenty of my dwarves are dead.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Usually I keep an highly trained adventurer around to keep monsters at bay.
Though that's if I have time for playing in Fort mode.
"body swapping and YOU!"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Anyone mind if I ask for a Linux version of Genesis?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile

I grabbed this mod and decided it was a little to diversified for my own personal tastes and have decided to mod it down a little bit. and for the most part its working out, but Ive gotten to the point my own knowledge in modding DF is lacking and where the file names and locations are different from vanilla DF.

I like to tame the animal peoples, and give them their own little villages on my sites whenever possible and my questions are am I missing any of the animal people of genesis. I have modded them in Creature_Cave_1, and Creature_Savage_good. but I did not see Plumphelmet men or any variations there of and was wondering If im just overlooking it. also, Is Petvalue required for the pet tag to function? I've always had trouble getting the pet tag to work properly with animal men.

Addition: Oh, and do I have to go in and scrub out all the bits in the raws relating to the casts I removed from dwarves, or is simply removing the cast and its stat section sufficient?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:21:02 pm by Bloogonis »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

If you remove something, better clean it up. Do not leave relations to non-existing things.

Plump helmet men were replaced by myconids, and there were a bit more dnd-sque/"serious" adjustions.

Anyone mind if I ask for a Linux version of Genesis?
Just grab the linux version and replace (TOTALLY, I mean by removing originals first) /data/sound/, /data/art/, /data/speech/, /data/init/ and /raw/ folders.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saying, I'd really like to see some comprehensive data on metals (e.g. How good is sun gold / moon silver for x) and some what's good for what about weapons on the wiki- with all those axes etc, it's hard to keep score. I looked at the embark screen and was all like:
War axe- good, know what it is.
Ice axe, hand axe, etc- seriously what it's good for? I guess some are two-handed, some are like maces- ideal for weaker soldier, some like hammer, more lethal in the hands of stronger individuals- but I really don't know enough to figure out which is which for each weapon type.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

avast is saying what the link containing the ascii version of the mod has malware in it can anyone comfirm it?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

avast is saying what the link containing the ascii version of the mod has malware in it can anyone comfirm it?
That 'malware' is old Dfhack Deon added. It's a false positive but depending on your virus scanner it will most of the functions from use.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks for the answer i guess i'm gonna have to temporarily disable avast

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just delete that dfhack folder, you do not need it for the game.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Little bug in the newest release (Ironhand version): Shield Dwarf males are also named Dwarfettes :p Otherwise, nice addition, I'm eager to find out what changed... until now, I was playing an older version from DFFD with Phoebus tileset, one that had no suede, no domplers, etc.

EDIT: Damn, good embark on third try (though the sea monster embark message made me anxiously look at the unit screen every few minutes), only for me to notice I've forgotten to add Mecha's buildings...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:11:34 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thanks! I will fix it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp havent played this forever forgot my doctor and trader haha also dear god using therapist for the first time its so goddamn awesome. So many goddamn plants! what do they all do!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 642