Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230871 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No necromancers/undead yet, I wait for the new version to fully implement it :). I may add some as creatures for night attacks though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Well looking through the night maiden I notice that if someone happens to play as one they end up having to wave their boobies and spread their legs on random occasion.
Just picturing a Night maiden adventuress walk up to a king and queen address the deed was done then suddenly lose all dignity when she ends up uncontrollably fondle her goods, worst when she does this in full armor. though I wonder if these creatures would "run away" from you like the nightern do or just bumb rush like every other bogeymen.

Some how with them running away this leads to many spawning in front of a moving adventurer and usually leads to them counterattacking and crippling them.
which is what I picture night maidens would do, teleport in front of the player and walkfloat away luring them closer from where they where, then counterattacking and horribly mauling the character.

Oh well time to adapt my code into this new version here's to necromancer Dwarves with night maiden harlems.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

^^^
Umm wut....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Rumrusher makes a lot of crazy stuff :).

Also I've celebrated this release by finally killing the Satan :D

That's me in the early stages.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

An update, no more forgotten beasts in your walls for gems (sorry for that, I've changed tilesets in the last minute).

If you don't want to re-download the whole thing (graphical version problem only), replace the contents of your inoganic_stone_gem.txt file (save-compatible):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

An update, no more forgotten beasts in your walls for gems (sorry for that, I've changed tilesets in the last minute)

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed that. At first I thought "What the hell, a forgotten beast? Where did it come from?" and panicked, then I realized it was just a gem cluster and sent a miner to "kill it." You are a cruel man, Deon :P

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^^^
Umm wut....
well this section of text is based around the raw creature nightern I made for pretesting bogiemen functions for Dfusion(mostly because I was far enough in item research that I could do such a thing.)
what I learn is that the Nightern which are (humans that lay eggs good with swords and have good amount of attacks that will seriously damage you if you fight one head on also known as )Intern's with the bogeyman tag on. the discovery I found was that slapping on the bogey tag will just make the creature act like a normal wild animal and Run away from sight of danger, this means when night comes your character has to deal with being unable to fast travel or sleep until he.
A)kills enough Nightern to trigger "the crackling ended"
B)find shelter.
C)Wait it out hope one doesn't bump into you.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

what? hmm note to self make a forgotten wall, have it burst out syndrome that will convert the victem into a FB.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IronCodpiece

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This mod has greatly improved my DF experience!  The rate at which updates have been made and the quality therein has been a breathe of fresh air compared to the months with no official update.

Query~ Will there be an update to the Phoebus texture pack?  I'm glad that you have updated the Ironhand version but I prefer the former aesthetically.

Thanks again for the fun additions to my fortress!
Needs alcohol to get through the work day.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This mod has greatly improved my DF experience!  The rate at which updates have been made and the quality therein has been a breathe of fresh air compared to the months with no official update.

Query~ Will there be an update to the Phoebus texture pack?  I'm glad that you have updated the Ironhand version but I prefer the former aesthetically.

A few people asked for it so I will make it this week. It will be save compatible so you can start the fort already :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few people asked for it so I will make it this week. It will be save compatible so you can start the fort already :).

And my prayers are answered! Armok bless ye, lad!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

So, I replaced the sound files in the Genesis pack with those from a vanilla DF pack, and that DID indeed solve it! Hurray! Calloo, callay! Now I can reap this mod's rich bounties of challenge. The doldrums no longer pound in my ears.

One little thing, though. It isn't a problem. just something I noticed. I embarked in a place where there definitely wasn't an ocean nearby, and the embark screen said "ere the sea monsters get hungry". Unless a load of sea monsters are going to swim up the river, I don't see that being a problem ;P Little error, there?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay here's a funny story, I was testing out my nightfriend script and how it fares with the rest of the bogies.
So what I found out is that nighterns after being recruited will run the hell away and not help you fight off the remaining bogiemen until the day breaks.
all in all my adventurer has a companion to avoid said nights but said creatures might not even fare in a fire or willingly stay around for it.

I think of them now as get out of crackling free cards if you're luckly.
had not met a night maiden though.

edit: my character was attacked by gang of black bears and was killed first, then I followed my companion to see him trip behind a tree and killed also.

yeah this is totally a get out of Crackling free card.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:40:10 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So, I replaced the sound files in the Genesis pack with those from a vanilla DF pack, and that DID indeed solve it! Hurray! Calloo, callay! Now I can reap this mod's rich bounties of challenge. The doldrums no longer pound in my ears.

One little thing, though. It isn't a problem. just something I noticed. I embarked in a place where there definitely wasn't an ocean nearby, and the embark screen said "ere the sea monsters get hungry". Unless a load of sea monsters are going to swim up the river, I don't see that being a problem ;P Little error, there?

They are magical sea monsters. You will know if you see them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

Cool. Also, what are "duki monks"? Saw that on another embark screen (abandoned that one ten minutes after I got there because there were only five layers between the lowest above-ground z-level and the first cavern. Le sigh).
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. Also, what are "duki monks"? Saw that on another embark screen (abandoned that one ten minutes after I got there because there were only five layers between the lowest above-ground z-level and the first cavern. Le sigh).
over powered humans that burst out of no where and beat up every one.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 642