Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231047 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Graphic pack release soon? been getting the DF shakes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sure, just a few critters left (and I mean a few, like 5-7), I just need some motivation. This all work I have and a new dual core CPU really harm my modding (I went back to play some Fallout NV without lags :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tired of sword of the stars II and how its a complete failure so i want a nice long game to hold me over till the chuckle heads fix it.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

I'm gonna try this mod out (and get myself acquainted with ASCII graphics at the same time - wish me luck!), just have a question. It has all the features of the current version of vanilla DF, right?

Edit: Okay, I can't even play it. It crashes every time I try to embark. I can gen worlds just fine, and prepare for the embark, but when I press e, my whole computer shuts down. What the heck?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:47:06 am by Mister Always »
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Are you sure you DID NOT try to combine it with vanilla? Like, download and place in vanilla folder?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know about making the whole computer crash but for some people (including myself) if the sound is on it will cause genesis to crash. Not sure if it still does that with the newer version though; I'm waiting on the phoebus version to try it out.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

Are you sure you DID NOT try to combine it with vanilla? Like, download and place in vanilla folder?

I completely threw DF off my computer before I downloaded Genesis.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Maybe it has something to do with your lack of specific .ogg codec. Try to replace the sound files in /data/sound/ with vanilla files.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

I'll try that.

Also, do you think having both an instance of vanilla DF and Genesis DF on my computer will cause problems?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'll try that.

Also, do you think having both an instance of vanilla DF and Genesis DF on my computer will cause problems?

Only if they're both made into a freaky frankenstein of a mod.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile

Speaking of freaky frankenstein modding:

I'm interested in having some more civs, and these look good to me, orcs and ratmen especially.  But I'm not quite ready to take on the entire genesis mod.  Would it work if I just copied some of the entity files into my DF/raw/objects folder?
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You'd need to copy the individual creatures from creature_genesis, as well.

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

quick question deon or anyone else do i have to add the no skill decay mod to this or does it have it already?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

quick question deon or anyone else do i have to add the no skill decay mod to this or does it have it already?
There is a balanced and worked through decay of skills tested and made by TomiTapio, with "less dwarven" skills decaying faster etc. It's still minor.

There is absolutely no attribute decay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile

You'd need to copy the individual creatures from creature_genesis, as well.
Can I plop them in anywhere or do I need to put them in a specific .txt file?
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 642