Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231098 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem. Some mods you do that, some mods you don't. But in general if you get weird things like silkworm civs and the like it usually means a duplicate raws issue.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are donkey sweetbread and cubed donkey spleen supposed to be free?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Are donkey sweetbread and cubed donkey spleen supposed to be free?

Nope, a small mistake in modding, will be fixed in the next update so I've heard.

For now, grab the opportunity  :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's not a mistake, it was a design decision of TomiTapio which I did not notice in time to fix :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not a mistake, it was a design decision of TomiTapio which I did not notice in time to fix :P.

Oops...so maybe it was a small gift?  :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've encountered a small bug in Tomi's version. Played as a Sylvan adventurer, found out they start in cities now.

Got a few quests to go kill some bandits (some sylvans were included there), did it myself and returned to a town to report the good news. I get welcomed by angry villagers even when I did nothing to any innocent. Loyalty Cascade?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for double post too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:13:32 am by Tiruin »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Check Compono if he's still related to that entity.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check Compono if he's still related to that entity.

Checked all the slain bandits, some are related to my parent entity. I've never experienced this before in the past Genesis versions (as I've killed Sylvan bandits as an elf but did not experience that at all in any genesis version, but I guess its just the newly modded raws.)

Also, to Tomi, you have a small Typo in the skills screen when you embark where the 'Miner' is repeated twice. And thanks for making mostly every civ start as a city AND making werewolves start in mostly only evil forests.

To all, Genesis is even getting better. Just wishing that the new version will be out soon so work would continue  :D

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Deon, on my current fort I've already breached all the caverns and all of them have fungus/moss, but none has grow on the upper layers of my fort(silty clay, sand, raised mire and fireclay) neither on any arficialy muddied area.
I think this is a bug.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That cave fungus/moss grows in caverns only.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon.

I started playing adventure mode with your mod again and Im starting to notice something weird. Im not sure if its normal. Maybe you could help.

I created a Keeper from one of the civilizations with Demigod attributes, maxed out his strenght, agility, toughness and started playing... the character had over 1700 speed on the start of the game.

Then I started to gather stones, knap them, make those stone tools and some hunting spears and stuff from the crafting "x" window. At some point my character speed went to 700 and it didnt came back. So I removed all equipped items, dropped all items on the floor. Made sure I was standing, without any injury on description, without drowsiness, without stealth mode, my armor skill was low but it shouldnt matter if Im not wearing any armor,  and the speed remained 700.
And now Im worried. My character might be bugged. Did you ever saw anything like that? Is there anyway I can upload my current game/world so you could give a look? I think the save is just 12 mb.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

See if you're sneaking by pressing capital S. That lowers speed by a lot.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hey Deon.

I started playing adventure mode with your mod again and Im starting to notice something weird. Im not sure if its normal. Maybe you could help.

I created a Keeper from one of the civilizations with Demigod attributes, maxed out his strenght, agility, toughness and started playing... the character had over 1700 speed on the start of the game.

Then I started to gather stones, knap them, make those stone tools and some hunting spears and stuff from the crafting "x" window. At some point my character speed went to 700 and it didnt came back. So I removed all equipped items, dropped all items on the floor. Made sure I was standing, without any injury on description, without drowsiness, without stealth mode, my armor skill was low but it shouldnt matter if Im not wearing any armor,  and the speed remained 700.
And now Im worried. My character might be bugged. Did you ever saw anything like that? Is there anyway I can upload my current game/world so you could give a look? I think the save is just 12 mb.

Did you by chance have a crutch, put it in your backpack and then drop from there? I remember a bug related to the fact that crutches may still work in backpack but are not always registered as "dropped" when dropped from a container.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

I made a wood crutch, it was a bad one, and I didnt had time to make a decent one, so I threw it away.
How should I fix it? Make a new Clutch?
Walk with a clutch untill I get legendary or something?

2. When something is on the backpack and I want to put it on my hands, I click "r" to remove. Then the item goes to my hands, usually. Is there a limit to how many things I can hold in my hands? At some point I have tons of rocks and those stone tools on my hands. Is this a bug? Should I just interpret it as my character having all these items readily available to him as if in some cloth pocket, or just hanging around when no enemies are close by?

3. I have recruited some peasants, and started traveling, at some point they all stopped. Why did they do that? Then like, 10 turns after, a few jackals attacked us.

4. After I butcher a corpse, there are tons of items, guts, liver, spleen, lungs, heart, brains, hair, nails, claws, etc... Tons of items. Lots of blood and meat and fat and skin.
I know I can eat the organic stuff, lick some, drink others. Is there a point to eating or drinking?  If my character is "FULL of FOOD", does he gets slower or vomits if he gets punched on his stomach?

5. I got the wolf thin skin, then gathered a plant, made a thread, made a stone needle, then I went and made a quiver for my arrows. When I tried to shoot the bow, I got a message saying "You got nothing left to fire" or something. So, I click "w" to wear the quiver, then I click "p" to put the 15 arrows I crafted, on the quiver, alright. So I had another set of 15 arrows, then I click "p' again, to try to put them on the quiver, but, only my backpack showed this time.  Is "15" arrows the limit for a quiver? A stack? Can I "merge" the other 15 arrows to make a stack of "30 arrows" and put them on the quiver?  Would there be a point in making another quiver? Once the quiver is equiped and it has arrows inside it, and my bow in one of my hands, can I shoot it? Does it matter if the bow is on the right or left hand? Can I, or should I hold it with both hands? Do I have to put everything on my hands, besides the bow on the backpack to shoot it?

6. These items I got from butchering a corpse. Can I sell them? Can I cook the meat? If I eat all the fat, do I get fat? Can I give the meat to people on my party or make barbecue or something by igniting a tree?

7. How do I "w" wear the bone jackal gauntlets I just made? Im holding them on my hands, but they are not equipped. Is it the same thing? When I try to "w" it says I have nothing to wear. Is this normal?

Regarding item quality. I read the wiki about the item quality, it says there is some modifiers. But Im curious about what each quality does for each item. For example.
-Pine Crutch- or *Pine Crutch*. What is the difference? One increases my speed? Gives a bonus for walking? Or its just more damage if I use it to hit something with Misc Object User Skill?
What about items used to craft something. Like Carving Knife. If the Carving Knife is of exceptional quality, does the items crafted with it will have a bonus to their own quality? Does it make me do my job better? What about a Pine Axe, used to gather wood. Does it make me gather wood of higher quality? The quality of the wood, will have a bonus when making weapons of wood or arrows or items? What about wheat stone. I managed to make a mastercrafted wheat stone, then when I tried to wheat the 5 hunting spears Ive made, I noticed that some of them actually dropped their quality! Then I kept doing it untill I got a good result again. But does the quality of the wheat stone influences the quality of the hunting spears I sharp?

Yesterday I killed a Sea Monster, magic fat thing, looked like a frog, took me like 200 rocks. Anyway, when butchering it, it says I got a mythical skin and some tough bones. It says I had 30 bones, but when I crafted a bone breastplate with it, it seems to have used all the bones in that stack! Is this normal, is this a bug? There is any way for to separate a stack or merge items into a stack?
If I kill two wolfs and both get butchered and have 10 units of meat each, can I make it a unit of 20 meat? Like press "m" to merge, or something?

EDIT: Deon! It worked, I made a pine crutch, walked a bit, then I dropped it and my speed went from 750 to 1689 almost instantly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:07:07 pm by Interesting »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The quality of the reagents has nothing to do with the quality of the products. Quality only affects price and aiming for weapons. A *pine crutch* will work no better than a  -pine crutch-.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 642