Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231157 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

just downloaded this, thought i'd tell you about the bug where cubed wolf spleen cost 0 points during embark. im about to go off with 1,500 of them...

i guess this is because there are so many seed types that it took the number of embark points left to 0, but it had to provide food so it set the cost to 0? idk

inb4 omg read thread this has been posted: busy playing

Hell yeah. :D

Not sure if it's intended or not, but as you can see by the pic you can buy chimpanzee sweetbread for free at embark.
Looking at material_template_default.txt, both PANCREAS_TEMPLATE and SPLEEN_TEMPLATE specify [MATERIAL_VALUE:0] while still being fully edible.

Also, why must the download include the entire Dwarf Fortress installation plus 34 minutes (16 megabytes) worth of background music that most players probably won't even listen to? Would a "no music" (or even "raws only", which would be barely over 1.5MB) download package be too much to ask for?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the thing.  All of them are green and should be allowed for construction.  I'll try toggling it, but it doesn't look like they ARE economic stones right now.

Is all of your stone outside of a burrow, by chance?  Make sure you don't have your Civ Alert on as well...
No burrows active, so it can't be outside a burrow.  Haven't touched Civ Alert.  Economic stone screen still shows all green, and I can tell because several other stones [mostly ores] are red.  Dwarves won't stockpile or build constructions out of it.  It doesn't seem to exist for them.

Are they set to be dumped or Forbidden?  Even if they're not, try doing this to the lot of them:

d-b-d assign them to be dumped
d-b-D remove dump designation
d-b-f forbid them all
d-b-c claim them all.

It sounds odd, but sometimes cycling through that will fix buggy items...

What happens when you do a b-C-w?  Do you see the stones listed in there as an available resource to build from?  I have forgotten, can you actually reach the stones?  Tell your military to go walk over by them...

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know man...

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Mechanism

I like what you are doing with your Mod Mod.  Yes, I think Reprah is correct in that your modifications will make the game less challenging from a resource gathering/management perspective.  I also agree that some of the items don't really make since.  I want to remind you and Reprah that this is DF however and many things do not make since.  Realism does not play a big roll in the game at this point.  For instance, a cloth rope = a cloth chain and seems just as good as a red steel chain to me.  I can cut down trees with a wooden axe.  A wooden bin can hold things that would likely destroy it such as stone blocks, and there is beer and food everywhere but not a single fracken toilet.  On the other hand people have been making stone vials and buckets since...well, the stone age (ok, I know it was later, but it just sounded good.)  The thing about stone is that it is kinda like wood.  Every stone has different properties and although most would probably be to brittle to make an effective cage so would many woods.  Some stones would probably work just as good or even better than wood.

Besides, think of Moria.  The dwarves in that hold died from digging too deep, not from clearing to many forests.

I am looking forward to trying your Mod Mod but I am waiting on Deon's and then hopefully your graphical 3.25j release before starting a new fort.

@Deon

Did your new Illithids get Tomi?  I haven't seen him in a long while.

I am also waiting for the 3.25j release.  I am going to be a busy boy rearranging all those damn RAW files again.  :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

just downloaded this, thought i'd tell you about the bug where cubed wolf spleen cost 0 points during embark. im about to go off with 1,500 of them...

i guess this is because there are so many seed types that it took the number of embark points left to 0, but it had to provide food so it set the cost to 0? idk

inb4 omg read thread this has been posted: busy playing

Hell yeah. :D

Not sure if it's intended or not, but as you can see by the pic you can buy chimpanzee sweetbread for free at embark.
Looking at material_template_default.txt, both PANCREAS_TEMPLATE and SPLEEN_TEMPLATE specify [MATERIAL_VALUE:0] while still being fully edible.

Also, why must the download include the entire Dwarf Fortress installation plus 34 minutes (16 megabytes) worth of background music that most players probably won't even listen to? Would a "no music" (or even "raws only", which would be barely over 1.5MB) download package be too much to ask for?
I plan to take out the music :). And RAWS only won't work since the mod spreads all over the data folder too.
The 0 value sweetbread etc. were Tomitapio's doings, I will look into that a bit later :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey sorry for asking but is there a newer version of this mod with a IronHand or Phobeus?
i have a hard time to read the ACSII  :(
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!
Sigged

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There will be a new version soon with bogeymen, night creatures and some changes (i.e. ezrakim elves are no longer elves; they are dunedwellers :P).

Sorry that it's not out yet, I was carried away by learning to mod Liberal Crime Squad, I plan a large content update to it with time.

I am also waiting for the 3.25j release.
You mean 3.25k?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:20:02 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

You mean 3.25k?

What ever you call it will be fine.  I said 3.25j originally because that is what the ASCII version is at while the graphical is still at 3.25d.  We are patiently awaiting the next graphical release.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

That's the thing.  All of them are green and should be allowed for construction.  I'll try toggling it, but it doesn't look like they ARE economic stones right now.

Is all of your stone outside of a burrow, by chance?  Make sure you don't have your Civ Alert on as well...
No burrows active, so it can't be outside a burrow.  Haven't touched Civ Alert.  Economic stone screen still shows all green, and I can tell because several other stones [mostly ores] are red.  Dwarves won't stockpile or build constructions out of it.  It doesn't seem to exist for them.

Are they set to be dumped or Forbidden?  Even if they're not, try doing this to the lot of them:

d-b-f forbid them all
d-b-c claim them all.

What happens when you do a b-C-w?  Do you see the stones listed in there as an available resource to build from?  I have forgotten, can you actually reach the stones?  Tell your military to go walk over by them...

My dwarves are sleeping next to them, pretty sure they can reach them.  I can try forbid-and-claim, see if that fixes it, but it's happening to EVERY stone I've dug up.  They don't show up at all in the list, just my wood.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There will be a new version soon with bogeymen, night creatures and some changes (i.e. ezrakim elves are no longer elves; they are dunedwellers :P).

Sorry that it's not out yet, I was carried away by learning to mod Liberal Crime Squad, I plan a large content update to it with time.

I am also waiting for the 3.25j release.
You mean 3.25k?

3.25J Graphical.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

d-b-f forbid them all
d-b-c claim them all.

My dwarves are sleeping next to them, pretty sure they can reach them.  I can try forbid-and-claim, see if that fixes it, but it's happening to EVERY stone I've dug up.  They don't show up at all in the list, just my wood.

Did you jack with your inorganic_stone template file?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Nope.  Haven't touched it.  Bog-standard install of Genesis, used the graphics version.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope we get a graphical update soon. I know some people love ASCII but its too... hideous for me. I prefer Phoebus where it looks SNES style graphics

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's an old version. There will be a new graphical one soon.

I'm testing new night creatures in the arena when I have no job, please have patience :P. Enough to say, they work.

It stabbed me in the chest with its sword, then continued to tear my various bodyparts with its hook until I passed out, and after that it slashed me in the head two times which killed me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:51:31 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Holy f. night maidens... They tear you to SHREDS with their moon silver teeth. They are worse than current bogeymen. BALANCING BALANCING! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Look:

Due to my shaeningans some creatures require new graphics now. When I fix it, I will upload two working versions (graphical and ASCII).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 642