Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231390 times)

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Well crap.
I should probably actually read stuff I'm meant to read then, I always just assume I can dump stuff into the raws folder, my bad.
Thanks I guess.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:49:59 pm by DarthBoogalo »

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25j ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix
« Reply #8116 on: October 17, 2011, 09:54:13 am »

It is in a full game folder for the reason you've mentioned: it changes too much things (and the stuff outside of /raw/ folder) so you cannot just overwrite the vanilla.

Any reason why did you overwrite your vanilla with it when it's told NOT to do so?
So. I want to be able to travel to mountain homes and eleven retreats and what not again. I can't now.
Adventure mode is pointless =(

Also; Can you shoot me a link where I can download the most current version of Genesis when you COULD visit this stuff?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:50:24 pm by LoneTophat »

Zajjmon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

forgive me if this info is available somewhere here, but searching has given me nothing. Is it possible to play as a human race in this mod? If so, how?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In adventure, they're called Keepers. In fort mode, that would require it's own sub-mod.

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile

Bearing in mind the extent of the changes Genesis makes, could someone tell me exactly which files are changed? I'm using a mac, and having a hard time getting it to work. Though it runs with vanilla, copying  he libs, launcher, and dwarfort.exe into the Genesis folder gets me to the main menu, and then the game crashes when I select something.
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

You're not supposed to copy files, the Genesis mod download works as-is. Its a total conversion. Unless something is different about Macs that I'm not aware of, you don't actually copy files from the Genesis mod files, you download Genesis and play it as it is. Trying to copy files will make it not run, because its not just a simple copy+paste mod, as it says on the title page.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Macs don't use .exe files

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deleting the /data/ and /raw/ folders and replacing them with Deon's versions works fine for me on Linux. The same should carry over to Mac.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Odion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Any graphics version soon? pretty please with sugar on top   ;D

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any graphics version soon? pretty please with sugar on top   ;D
´

Search for it on DFFD, there is one with Phoebus tileset.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

venum4k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Can you upload an ironhand version of genesis 3.25j please

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm quite sure someone asked before, given the popularity of the mod, but I'd rather not read through 542 pages to get the answer. So, where can I get information on all the new genesis metal alloys, like red steel, and sun gold?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Check the OP. There's a link that shows all that, I remember going crazy looking for that info too :)

Sun Gold/Silver for sharp objects, red/black steel for blunt is what I remember.

...Just something terribly EPIC about my golden spear and silver armor :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are aspid dares supposed to ignite from their own saliva? Because mine did and it burnt down the entire map

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the OP. There's a link that shows all that, I remember going crazy looking for that info too :)

Sun Gold/Silver for sharp objects, red/black steel for blunt is what I remember.

...Just something terribly EPIC about my golden spear and silver armor :P

Sun Gold has pretty much the same properties as Steel.  So, anything that is Steel or better is going to be good for Sharp Objects.  Especially Mithril!

To see what is best for Blunt Weapons, just open the inorganic_metal.txt file in the RAW folder and search for solid_density.  The metals you find with the highest numbers are going to be the best for Blunt Weapons. 

Platinum looks to be the best at 21400, but you can't make weapons out of it...

For weapon materials, black bronze and copper have the highest value of 8930, which is pretty substandard imo.   It almost looks like the Densities of the metals were glossed over during their revamp. 

Shouldn't we have a singular badass metal for Blunt Weapons?  Is there a way to give metals non-edged weapon tags only?  [ITEMS_WEAPONS_BLUNT] or something?
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 642