Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231464 times)

chronojiuj

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue Heaven milkshake
    • View Profile

The Dwarf Fortress Genesis Youtube Series was done in 31.12, back when non-human settlements still existed.
Dwarf fortress makes you lose weight if you dig too deep and literally shake with anger when someone pulls the lever

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Dwarf Fortress Genesis Youtube Series was done in 31.12, back when non-human settlements still existed.
D: WHY DON'T THEY WORK NOW

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Relax dude >_> I know its an awesome game & mod, but have a little patience ;)

I believe you press f to throw it. I think. f or t. Select the item you want to throw and voila.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... D:

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

If you wield a BOW or CROSSBOW and it is visible in the adventurer screen, then you should "f" it. If you do not wield a bow or crossbow, then "t" it.

Note: If you are HOLDING any other set of arrows/bolts in your hand other than the fireball one, then you might fire/throw the other set. Which means, hello melting gooeyness!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god, do sets of Animated Armor/Corrupted Animated Armor "bleed" acid? It seems awfully suspicious when my animals suddenly start melting after getting touched by that thing during the brawl with my military...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Oh god, do sets of Animated Armor/Corrupted Animated Armor "bleed" acid? It seems awfully suspicious when my animals suddenly start melting after getting touched by that thing during the brawl with my military...

Try going into the arena mode and pitting 10 animated armor against maybe a hundred fully armed and skilled dwarves.

Hilarity ensues. For your dwarves...

Edit: I'm glad they are a rare encounter in the caverns, but the fact that you do encounter a clanking suit of biotoxin in the caverns could be a new story in itself.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Dear Deon,
Why do you pack the entire game in your .zip instead of just the raws? I unpacked the entire thing into my raw folder and I have forgotten beast soap chops and my keepers can wear soap as armor.
-A Concerned Citizen

EDIT:
My starting seven appear to be wearing badger spleen tissue trousers, this is awesome.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:52:52 pm by DarthBoogalo »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe your mod has it out for me, Deon. I am being sieged by Lizardfolk, Demons AND Centaurs all at the same time a WEEK AFTER A BEASTMAN SIEGE. Here's a picture of the carnage after fighting off the lizardfolk, beastmen and demons:

Up that hill there is a long trail of blood, limbs and werewolf bodies leading up to the top, 4 z's up where a single Swordmaster's body lays.

Your monsters have caused the death of 8/20 of my steel-clad, elite soldiers... This is a true Dwarf Fortress experience.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Dear Deon,
Why do you pack the entire game in your .zip instead of just the raws? I unpacked the entire thing into my raw folder and I have forgotten beast soap chops and my keepers can wear soap as armor.
-A Concerned Citizen

EDIT:
My starting seven appear to be wearing badger spleen tissue trousers, this is awesome.

Because Genesis is DF of its own, not just a mod. Its a total conversion, from what I've seen.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile

Well it'd be pretty cool if the .zip had everything in the proper folders then.
:I

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

I love dupes!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Dear Deon,
-A Concerned Citizen

EDIT:

Because Genesis is DF of its own, not just a mod. Its a total conversion, from what I've seen.

It is total conversion mod, not new game (see title of thread "۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25j ϟ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix " ).

I am not sure, maybe my sarcasm detector failed.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25j ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix
« Reply #8113 on: October 17, 2011, 02:41:25 am »

It is in a full game folder for the reason you've mentioned: it changes too much things (and the stuff outside of /raw/ folder) so you cannot just overwrite the vanilla.

Any reason why did you overwrite your vanilla with it when it's told NOT to do so?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Dear Deon,
-A Concerned Citizen

EDIT:

It is total conversion mod, not new game (see title of thread "۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25j ϟ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix " ).

I am not sure, maybe my sarcasm detector failed.

Yeah, I stated that its a total conversion mod, not just an add-on mod. See the second sentence where it says "Its a total conversion..." :P
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 642